Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "First Class on Hawaiian Air A330-200 (Seats/Meals/Etc.)" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "First Class on Hawaiian Air A330-200 (Seats/Meals/Etc.)" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest

glad we weren’t on the same flight. We avoided an awkward situation.
The staff is really nice but I could hear more than necessary from the galley. I still prefer Row 1 because it’s jusr so nice and I like having a wall in front of me instead of seeing other people
so I’m not sure what the correct answer should be but I will hopefully still target row 1 in the future
Just wondering is the leg space bigger for your feet, than the other rows?
I assuming it’s better as their is no seats in the way..
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by Aidan
I actually don’t know because I’ve only sat in row 1! I’ve flown HA a total of 4 round trips!
Aidan likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:18 am

I actually don’t know because I’ve only sat in row 1! I’ve flown HA a total of 4 round trips!
Fair enough, I just read too much comments on SeatGuru. Spend too much time thinking about this stuff. Then forget to plan the rest of the trip..
747FC likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I promise you that Row 1 is so great that I’ve never craved another row!!
enjoy and have fun booking lodging / car and have a great Hawai’i visit. I love maui so much.
Aidan likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP; Hawaiian Miles; WN Rapid Rewards A list
Smile

I love row 1 on the 330s.
Aidan likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Aidan

I can confirm that the footwell in Row 1 CG sears are the most generous. All other F seats are smaller.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC

I can confirm that the footwell in Row 1 CG sears are the most generous. All other F seats are smaller.
interesting you mentioned that SeatGuru comments say otherwise.
I’m finding the standard recommendations on SeatGuru have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don’t know about footwell size but I prefer the window area more than the middle.

On our flight OGG-SFO, half of F was empty! Wow. No free upgrades.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:28 pm

I don’t know about footwell size but I prefer the window area more than the middle.

There are zero free upgrades on flights outside of Hawaii. With the exception of a few free certificates issued to Plats.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:19 am

Wow that would have made things private. I would imagine allot of payed bid upgrades when I fly in July as its peak season.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don’t recall hearing any offers to buy an upgrade at the gate or on the plane. Considering that plane staff are marketing duty-free and credit card offers, I am really surprised that they aren’t marketing upgrades.

It isn’t cheap but I love HA F. Best USA-related F service, for both hard and soft product.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 747FC

We just did 1A/B AKL-HNL and 1C/G HNL-SEA. I'm tall and can say with certainty there was more legroom in A/B than C/G. The footwells at C and G make the legroom look generous, but the well is actually somewhat confining, and I found I had to sit farther back in the middle seats to avoid having to bend my legs while trying to lie flat.

It isn’t cheap but I love HA F. Best USA-related F service, for both hard and soft product.
Have to admit, I was impressed by the soft product on both of these A330 flights... much better than I expected going in, and the FAs were very professional.
Aidan likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:35 pm

My husband has disabilities and essentially has tremendous difficulty standing up after being seated. We have flown in the extra comfort seats and they have helped but he is thinking that first class seating might be the only way he can fly now and perhaps even that would be a problem for him. Would anyone be able to tell me how difficult it is to get up from the lie flat seats. Is there something to grab onto perhaps? I realize that no one can guarantee that he'll be able to do it but some opinions would help. Thanks for any advice. We would be taking the JFK-HNL flight.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by mileageplusorminus
My husband has disabilities and essentially has tremendous difficulty standing up after being seated. We have flown in the extra comfort seats and they have helped but he is thinking that first class seating might be the only way he can fly now and perhaps even that would be a problem for him. Would anyone be able to tell me how difficult it is to get up from the lie flat seats. Is there something to grab onto perhaps? I realize that no one can guarantee that he'll be able to do it but some opinions would help. Thanks for any advice. We would be taking the JFK-HNL flight.
The seats should not have any major issues for your husband, but if his condition is so bad, I would encourage you to buy the F seats on UA's EWR-HNL flight. The aisle seats have armrests that are able to retract downward, significantly easing access to the aisle (and to the isles).
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
the flat beds are certainly rather intimate next to a stranger.
just be sure to get one of the middle pair to mitigate.
What do you think of flying solo in the window seat? I heard that there's a gap between the footrest and the seat in front that you can squeeze by to get out without disturbing the aisle passenger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.