Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:18 am

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually before I got a chance to call today, just received a phone call from "Card Services" asking if I intended to apply for two cards. I said yes. He said one card was already approved with a 15K limit and then within 5 seconds, and nothing said from me, said he would approve the second card with a 15K limit. That was easy.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:46 am

Does anyone know when these offers expire? I have a churn in 3 weeks for myself and I'm wondering if I should accelerate my wife's churn to get these also.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:30 am

I already a card with BOA with a high limit (100K) but have not used it much. I am thinking about getting these two cards. Anyone has total limit over 100K at BOA or have limit moved from another card to these new cards when you apply? Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by elmedico27
I answered a few standard questions including why I wanted both and, boom, went from denied to approved
I am curious, what reason did people give for wanting both. I just applied for both and was asked to call in 1-888-503-6090 for an instant decision. So what reason are people giving for both?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:08 pm

Just called the number and they asked if it was a mistake applying for two cards. I told them no, that I like to use multiple cards to categorize my spending with. They said that is "no problem at all".

I did have to go through a secondary level to verify some information. They also wanted to check on several other credit card inquiries on my credit report recently.. hmmm

All in all, they were fine with everything and approved both cards
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by filelover
Yes you can get both cards. I did that for me and my spouse. Plan to combine the miles into one account and then transfer to Hilton.

Will add up to a nice 280K Hhonors points
Which gives you a cost basis of 0.0011/point ($316/280000). Now, add in another 50K-60K each from the Hh Citi card. And another 60K each from the Hh Amex card and now you have a BUNCH of "almost free" nights in some nice hotels. See the first Sticky in this forum for links.

Hmmm, maybe it's time to apply for 4 new cards honey.

Last edited by philemer; Jan 12, 2012 at 9:31 pm Reason: grammar
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, UA Silver, US DMS, AA, HA, WN
Originally Posted by bartman9
Just called the number and they asked if it was a mistake applying for two cards. I told them no, that I like to use multiple cards to categorize my spending with. They said that is "no problem at all".
That's exactly what I did -- told them I wanted to keep business spend separate from personal spend. Told it was no problem and was approved for both.

Points posted really quickly too. I've got 72k and change in the account, which will begin working their way over to Hilton first thing tomorrow
Old Jan 13, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Are there ways to get the annual fees waived?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:35 am

just wanted to share my experience - I applied for both on Friday, got the "we'll let you know" response. They called me first thing this morning (next business day) and asked me a couple questions, I think mainly wanting to know why two accounts. I explained that I have a lot of reimbursable expenses and it's much easier to take care of them if I can use a separate card. Said no problem, approved me for both, and they're being sent.

On a semi-amusing note, apparently my credit report gets flagged for fraud because my street address appears in it as "3rd Street", while I generally type "Third Street" into forms. Well, now I know.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I think it's been almost a month now since Hawaiian deducted my miles for transfer to Hilton, but no sign of the Hilton points yet. Is that normal?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Are there ways to get the annual fees waived?
I've never heard of BoA waiving fees, but it never hurts to ask
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I think it's been almost a month now since Hawaiian deducted my miles for transfer to Hilton, but no sign of the Hilton points yet. Is that normal?
No. Points posted within 2 weeks AFTER the miles deducted for my past three transfers.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 4:22 pm

Has anyone applied within the last week or so for both of these and gotten both approved for the bonuses?

Since I have never opened a BoA card before, I was wondering how churning these works. Anyone with experience care to chime in?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm pretty unimpressed with Hawaiian Airlines' service when it comes to transferring the miles.

When I earned my first 20,000 HA miles, I called the 877 426 4537 number to request a transfer of the points. She took all my info and said she would initiate the process. A day or so later I got a phone message call from the HA marketing department asking me to call them regarding the transfer.

I called in and they took the same info from me and said they would initiate the transfer. This was on December 20th. The HA miles disappeared from my account a few days later, but I have never gotten the Hilton miles.

Today I got the next 15,000 HA miles. I called the number and told the lady that I wanted to transfer them to Hilton. She took my info and said the marketing department will call me within 72 hours when they are about to do the transfer I asked why, she really couldn't explain why. She also said she would escalate the issue of the missing Hilton points from the first transaction.

I don't think I'm going to get the other HA card. The annual fee + hassle of converting to Hilton points aren't really worth it, especially in light of the diminished value of Hilton points.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by EliteLAX
Has anyone applied within the last week or so for both of these and gotten both approved for the bonuses?

Since I have never opened a BoA card before, I was wondering how churning these works. Anyone with experience care to chime in?
Applied last friday for both cards, was told on the phone tuesday that I was approved for both. When I get the cards in the mail and call to activate, I'll confirm the bonuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.