Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
Oddly, that's not the best use of the miles because HA charges more for interisland than its partners do. Why not get a card with AMEX Membership Rewards and transfer to Virgin? That's only 6000 miles -- roundtrip!!
Yeah I realize that redeeming HA miles for interisland isn't a great value - I did think about applying for the Virgin card or transferring MR points (have plenty) but Hawaiian doesn't make too many seats available for partner redemption so I can't get more than 1 (maybe 2) seats on the flight.

It's cheap enough to buy the tickets, and I may still end up doing that, but thought that these two cards give me quick easy HA miles that are just the right amount for the two interisland flights for the five of us.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Why do I get the impression that folks are mostly applying for both cards at the same time? Anything wrong in spacing them out?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Is this offer usually around or is it 1 that will expire? I was thinking at getting both, but want to wait for 2-3 months.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:15 pm

Nope. I spaced mine out a couple of months apart. No problem getting both.

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Why do I get the impression that folks are mostly applying for both cards at the same time? Anything wrong in spacing them out?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
nothing wrong, but if u apply and are approved for the cards on the same day, like myself and many others have, you only get one credit inquiry hard hit....
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by americanindian
nothing wrong, but if u apply and are approved for the cards on the same day, like myself and many others have, you only get one credit inquiry hard hit....
Not true for all, BOA is pulled by Bank of America, BOH is pulled by FIA for me
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by booyaa
Not true for all, BOA is pulled by Bank of America, BOH is pulled by FIA for me
Same here, two separate inquiries for apps done on the same day - in my case both were pulled from Experian (I'm in CT FWIW). When I called the FIA number the next day they could see both apps and got them approved at the same time.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by americanindian
Nope, not for me either. Two inquiries even though I did the apps within minutes of each other.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:19 am

Looking into adding hotel miles to my sign up bonus miles. Is this supposed to be better than the Virgin Atlantic credit card sign up bonus?

Applied for B of Alaska Air CC in July 2011 and that is about it for B of A. Rest are from AMEX, Chase and CITI.

Does B of A look at how many inquiries for credit cards in last 6 months for B of A only or for all?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
Nope, not for me either. Two inquiries even though I did the apps within minutes of each other.
yea, i checked, you guys are right, 2 inquiries for me too, i dont know why I was under the impression BoAm is under FIA so it will be one....but i did gt approved for both vis asignature wihtout much effort; my credit score they reported in their letter is 741, but on the Amex credit secure monitoring its only 722....i am not complaining either ways
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by metoo
Looking into adding hotel miles to my sign up bonus miles. Is this supposed to be better than the Virgin Atlantic credit card sign up bonus?

Applied for B of Alaska Air CC in July 2011 and that is about it for B of A. Rest are from AMEX, Chase and CITI.

Does B of A look at how many inquiries for credit cards in last 6 months for B of A only or for all?
yes BoA does look into your application history. The Alaska Air CC has been documented that you can churn every 95 days without having to even close your current Alaska Air Card.

Are you asking if HA CC's are better for hotel points than the Virgin CC converting to HHonors points?

Both convert at 1 Mile : 2 HHonors Points. But here you get 70k miles as opposed to hard earned 65k (anniversary bonus).

If you want two CC's and risk getting rejected for 1 than HA is for you. Virgin is only 1 card.

What is the most risk you want to take?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Does anybody know what is the policy of BOA on annual fee refund if the card is canceled (or converted to no annual fee card) before anniversary?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
yes BoA does look into your application history. The Alaska Air CC has been documented that you can churn every 95 days without having to even close your current Alaska Air Card.

Are you asking if HA CC's are better for hotel points than the Virgin CC converting to HHonors points?

Both convert at 1 Mile : 2 HHonors Points. But here you get 70k miles as opposed to hard earned 65k (anniversary bonus).

If you want two CC's and risk getting rejected for 1 than HA is for you. Virgin is only 1 card.

What is the most risk you want to take?
Wish I had known about the 95 days churn on the Alaska Airlines Card. I had the 40k bonus and now is only 25k .

I think i have about 15 cards since I started "earning" miles from sign up credit card bonuses from May 11

I have the Marriott Rewards card and used 60k of my 70k free points already.

Thought i may get the Hawaian cards since folks are so excited about this. Or I could wait for the Hyatt from Chase

I plan to bargain with Chase in March or April when I give up my British Airways card (annual fee due in May) for another Chase card
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:28 pm

Could anyone tell me the transfer time from HA to Hilton?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, UA Silver, US DMS, AA, HA, WN
Originally Posted by teege
Could anyone tell me the transfer time from HA to Hilton?
They told me 10 business days, but it was much speedier than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.