Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Finding a BF who won't think you are crazy because of FT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finding a BF who won't think you are crazy because of FT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2008, 2:46 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
This is AWESOME!!! I've put myself up on the map. I highly doubt anyone is close to me, but who knows?

Originally Posted by SingaPaul

Alternatively, I've created a single's version of who's who on the world map... U can post a picture of yourself, your stats, and what u are looking for, etc... I've posted mine on there as an example... I'm still figuring out what more I can do and I'm open to suggestions..
Old Jan 16, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by dg4255
This is AWESOME!!! I've put myself up on the map. I highly doubt anyone is close to me, but who knows?
I don't live close, but visited Marostica a few years ago to see the chess game.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by dg4255
Well, if oneworld and Star are versatile, then that must make Skyteam the tops!! ;-)

I just couldn't date a oneworlder.. and it would take some serious compromising for me to be with a StarAlliancer.. Then again, if he were willing to move to the Italian Alps northwest of Venice and live in my beautiful 3 bedroom house surrounded by 2 vineyards, perhaps that would be a good start to compromising ;-)
I'd guess I 'd have to bring out my leather gear if I am to start going with SkyTeam!

Old Jan 16, 2008, 5:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I'd guess I 'd have to bring out my leather gear if I am to start going with SkyTeam!

You wear that on the plane? um....pics please?

and we just fly in Biz/F or we don't go, it's not worth sitting in back.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 7:14 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by youngORDboi
Perhaps finding someone with a good job is the start. You might be able to travel a lot and have the "disposable" income to travel in better classes of service. Some men do not or some do not want to travel all day just to get to elite status. Just take into account money, time, and the fact that some people only like to travel for vacation.

If thats important when looking for a guy then you can only choose from a select group among your peers. Which are more than likely business travelers, F/A's, or rich old men who have nothing else to do.

IMO money would be the biggest factor. Flying a lot and staying in nice hotels takes money! It makes the world go 'round!

You generalize too much... I'm not a business traveler, FA, or rich old man and I like to travel a lot on the little money that I have as a student - I've managed to get EXP for the first time last year and it didn't cost that much...
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:38 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

I traveled with a friend/acquaintance who was into leather... Not again. Those folks do not pack light. I try like hell not to have to check luggage! (or wait for anyone's luggage)
Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:14 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by youngORDboi
Perhaps finding someone with a good job is the start. You might be able to travel a lot and have the "disposable" income to travel in better classes of service. Some men do not or some do not want to travel all day just to get to elite status. Just take into account money, time, and the fact that some people only like to travel for vacation.

If thats important when looking for a guy then you can only choose from a select group among your peers. Which are more than likely business travelers, F/A's, or rich old men who have nothing else to do.

IMO money would be the biggest factor. Flying a lot and staying in nice hotels takes money! It makes the world go 'round!
Yeah, chewy3, this is a bit much... With the mileage obsession , if you're good at it, you can do so much with a modest amount of travel funds (and a lot of time on FlyerTalk!). I'd rather not be involved with someone who makes a ton of money if that means his life is almost totally dominated by his work...

youngORDboi, you're showing your youth. So much to learn... My vague estimate of what I spent on CO flights to get the 200k miles which I used for the AF Concorde trip is around $5,000 (and I pay less for fares now than I did in '97-'00 when I was racking up CO miles). I do think I'm going to postpone mentioning the Concorde trip to new people in my life since I've had more than one guy think I was too highfalutin for him because I'd taken it... I stayed at the crappy Ramada at JFK the night before AF flight 1 (or was it 2?), so I'm obviously not too highfalutin.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:07 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by LGA
I traveled with a friend/acquaintance who was into leather... Not again. Those folks do not pack light. I try like hell not to have to check luggage! (or wait for anyone's luggage)
LOL

I'm having similar images to when a security agent found fluffy handcuffs in a ladies carryon in 2006 at CNS. The lady was so embarrassed and got more and more infuriated as the security agent forced her to fill out an 'I don't want my dangerous items' form at security in front of a plane load of people trying to clear security. The security lady was having a great time... The white trash lady not so much. Me? Laughing my butt off.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:26 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
In "Divine Madness", Bette Midler explained why she wasn't into s/m - there are too many "A-coo-tray-ments."
Old Jan 18, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
Excellent! Yes, la Partita di Scacchi.. It is happening again this Sept 2008, as it only operates in even numbered years. Marostica is about 15 mins from my house.. Definitely worth the 60 to get in!

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
I don't live close, but visited Marostica a few years ago to see the chess game.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 8:28 am

Programs: AA: 2MM
Originally Posted by SingaPaul
Alternatively, I've created a single's version of who's who on the world map... U can post a picture of yourself, your stats, and what u are looking for, etc... I've posted mine on there as an example... I'm still figuring out what more I can do and I'm open to suggestions...
This is a great page...and I've added myself too. Definitely something (along with the original that should be added as a sticky.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by DCAKen
This is a great page...and I've added myself too. Definitely something (along with the original that should be added as a sticky.
Hmmm, I dont think u want to see too many stickies in the forum... I think the number we have now is just about right...

With the blessings of one of the mods, I've reorganized the roll call thread... And i tried to include as much info on there as possible... All in attempts to facilitate the get-to-know-each-other-better thing, be it on the net...

Feel free to post an introduction there... Even if u have posted one in the past... In fact, would love to have those who posted in the roll call thread II to do it again... So that i can link the lastest intro to the summarized list...
Old Apr 5, 2008, 9:42 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Presidents Circle
Well, with any type of "obsession", it's usually easier when both partners have one, so they can understand what the other person is going through.

Issues come when one person has more obsessions than the other!
Old Apr 6, 2008, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by dollaroff
Well, with any type of "obsession", it's usually easier when both partners have one, so they can understand what the other person is going through.

Issues come when one person has more obsessions than the other!
Uhm, I gather that it's healthy if both have "the other" among their respective obsessions too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.