Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Finding a BF who won't think you are crazy because of FT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finding a BF who won't think you are crazy because of FT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2007, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by justforfun
One problem with dating a fellow FTer, however, would be that not only must you actually like this person, but that your alliances must be complementary. Issues with interalliance dating could be significant. I mean, i could NEVER date a Skyteam elite. Ewww. Just the thought of it...Oneworld or Star all the way!

Yeah, another twist to finding a man. Not only do you need to find someone that you are attracted to and get along with, you need to be on the same status level with the same airline or at least in the same alliance. What if you are One World and he is Star Alliance and neither of you are versatile
Old Dec 9, 2007, 2:35 pm

Maybe Star Alliance is top, One World bottom???? Just asking.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by daniellam
It seems like that whenever I meet a guy, I am afraid to tell him that I love to fly First Class, read FT and have an obsession about airlines and their premium services. When I do, some people just think I am strange (most guys seem to just want to travel the "cheapest" way).

So where I find a "FT friendly" bf or someone who shares the passion of flying and obsessions about premium travel?
Well, if you lived a bit closer to Los Angeles ....
Old Dec 9, 2007, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by limeyx
Well, I think he lives closer to me Zip code 98003 here! .. I'm typing this in AKL doing my 2nd run on the UA biz class deal thingy.

Or is that Zip Code: 98103 a much closer to me?

Are you boys going to be in SF GAYLA? May be we should put the face in the conversation?
Old Dec 9, 2007, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by SeaMeFly
Are you boys going to be in SF GAYLA? May be we should put the face in the conversation?
We have a dinner in LA on 18th. Welcome!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758956
Old Dec 9, 2007, 7:55 pm

Programs: QFF, Velocity, Asiana
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Yeah, another twist to finding a man. Not only do you need to find someone that you are attracted to and get along with, you need to be on the same status level with the same airline or at least in the same alliance. What if you are One World and he is Star Alliance and neither of you are versatile
Bah! What about us poor saps who can't even make it to a status level?

Seriously though, I've yet to meet a guy who wasn't interested in travel in some form, even if they think you're just talking about more interesting holidays.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 8:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Well, I think he lives closer to me Zip code 98003 here! .. I'm typing this in AKL doing my 2nd run on the UA biz class deal thingy.

Or is that Zip Code: 98103 a much closer to me?

98103 is in 98103. I will be at the SF Gayla. I dunno know though....a man who flies Untied........
Old Dec 9, 2007, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Well my BF has no status, so no issues there with inter-alliance compatibility. And with him in Atlanta and me in Houston, it works out well for my CO Platinum status, since we're both in a SkyTeam hub. The only bad thing is when I'm flying DL I have to connect through ATL and don't get to see him. That's going to happen tomorrow; I'll spend a few hours in the ATL terminal while he's a few miles away at work. At least on Friday I get to go back to Atlanta to spend the weekend.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 9:13 pm

Location: The opinion expessed here are not necessarly those of United Airlines or any affiliates or subsidiaries of UAL Corp..
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
ORD....ewwww! SkyTeam has its pluses.

I recently met an FA, and our conversation about planes, passengers, and destinations never ended. I forgot to ask him if he is a member of FT!
You'll find that cabin crew do enjoy talking about planes, destinations, and passengers. We tend to lurk more on FT due to most of the topics on crazy MR, and status aren't things that we don't have much need to know since we travel for next to nothing.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by 98103
98103 is in 98103. I will be at the SF Gayla. I dunno know though....a man who flies Untied........
United for fun, NW to earn $ ! ... Search me on NW forum and you'll know what I mean.

I was .. umm... 5 yrs ago a gold status w/ NW. Kept it for a yr and lost it because my ex didn't like to fly on NW.

Yes, it's a crazy world, indeed !! By any chance, is there any medication to this?

p/s: I DO know where exactly is 98103, used to live in that area !
Old Dec 10, 2007, 2:44 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM | DL Gold | AA Gold | Marriott Platinum | Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by getsaround
Maybe Star Alliance is top, One World bottom???? Just asking.
According to the marketing material, they're both "versatile" in their offerings.

Originally Posted by SingaPaul
Hmmm, maybe we should sort the roll call list into those who are partnered and those who are single...
Now that idea doesn't sound half bad.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge

Like tomorrow I am flying LGA/ORD/MSP and back for $129 ai, all flights in F. So I will spend a relaxing day listening to music, reading, being well pampered (well as pampered as you can get in domestic F), taking maybe a lite snooze after a meal and a glass of wine, and getting to see the country. And of course I will earn more miles towards UPGs in the future.
I did MSY-ATL-SEA-ATL-MSY today, when I called the BF from ATL this evening to tell him I may take the bump he said "whatever... just use it towards a trip". He "gets it" in that he understands that my flying for fun gets him upgrades and a spring break trip to japan in J for $1500.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:05 am

...Well, I think he lives closer to me ... Or is that Zip Code: 98103 a much closer to me?
I thot in FT, distance is only a number??? No??? And i thot FT might be the bridge to a LDR...

I know a guy who might be a typical FTer... Fly first or biz, stay in a suite, only go for fine dining when with company... Everything seems fine... Except, he is too busy with work...

Niagara Falls Trip - cancelled due to work commitment
Chicago Trip - cancelled due to work commitment
Broadway Trip - cancelled due to work commitment
Nashville Trip - pending on work commitment

That is pretty frustrating...
Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by limeyx
I live in LA!
Old Dec 10, 2007, 2:35 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by justforfun
Was out tonight, Posh in NYC. Nice neighborhood bar. Met someone who started asking me about flying?! Totally random. What are the odds? His mom was a pilot for United! Small world. Of course, after 1.5 hours of chatting, he discloses his 23 year-old boyfriend. I swear......
Grrr... Life in NYC...

I suppose you "OneWorlder" and I could meet, but I'm way too close to NW Million Miler to stop now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.