Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Finding a BF who won't think you are crazy because of FT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finding a BF who won't think you are crazy because of FT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2007, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by justforfun
New forum: FT Dating.
Hmmm, maybe we should sort the roll call list into those who are partnered and those who are single...
Old Dec 7, 2007, 1:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
if anyone is feeling like a Yenta, they could host a Singles Gay-la.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
FT Dating is a good idea! I do need a bf who will appreciate these sort of things. But yeah most of my friends think I am crazy to do a MR to Europe with 3/4 hours turn around time! It doesn't help that I am in my mid 20s and most my friends are in the same age range. But what the hell, I love it!

I guess when you find a bf and if he fancies you enough, maybe he'd start to appreciate it like you do? hahahah one can only dream!
Old Dec 7, 2007, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
One problem with dating a fellow FTer, however, would be that not only must you actually like this person, but that your alliances must be complementary. Issues with interalliance dating could be significant. I mean, i could NEVER date a Skyteam elite. Ewww. Just the thought of it...Oneworld or Star all the way!
Old Dec 7, 2007, 2:28 pm

Location: The opinion expessed here are not necessarly those of United Airlines or any affiliates or subsidiaries of UAL Corp..
Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
You have to earn it
LOL!!!!
Old Dec 7, 2007, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I mean, i could NEVER date a Skyteam elite. Ewww. Just the thought of it...Oneworld or Star all the way!
hahahhaa... true dat!
Old Dec 7, 2007, 9:14 pm

I have to deal with a totally different beast. My bf thinks most of all of this is crazy. But then again he expects to be up front all the time. One of our biggest tests ever was last year going to MG in Sydney and I was in business and he was in F. There was something seriously wrong in the universe.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 9:50 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
I can't imagine where you're shopping for gay men who don't love First Class!

As for obsessing about FlyerTalk, that's probably something best to save for a later date lest one come off as a psycho.

FT Dating? Good luck with the TalkBoard on that one! You're more than welcome to propose it to them, though.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by ssullivan
And as others have suggested, there's always some nice looking guys in airline lounges, on flights, and even in this forum there's a great selection of single gay men, who obviously share your passion.
Well, what if you aren't exactly "hot" enough to get noticed and just average looking and also more on the intoverted side?

I've seen a few guys who I suspect might be gay, but don't really have the guts to approach them.

Back in July I was in the LH FCT in FRA waiting for a flight to New York and this young European guy around my age with lots of "priority tags" of various airlines (he seems to enjoy collecting them) on his carry-on bag sitting in the chair beside me asked if I was going to Shanghai (just because I look asian). The conversation continued for about 10 seconds and he said that he's going to Shanghai and has a company there and goes often. Too bad I ran out of topics and the conversation didn't really continue. After a short while, his FCT PA came over and told him his flight is ready for boarding and whether he had his medicine (earlier he went to the bar area to retrieve some kind of small bag with supposedly had his medicine in it).To this day, I wonder if he is a FTer (I have strong suspicions he might be). Maybe if this "medicine guy" with lots of priority tags is reading this threa, PM me :-)

I should have "came out" as a FTer!
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:53 am

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
FT dating ^ Planes, flying in F, listening to ATC or hanging out at airports.

I just made EXP on AA. I have met very few FT's anywhere but I know it's time! Oh and yes I am single.

Last edited by mach92; Dec 8, 2007 at 6:14 am
Old Dec 8, 2007, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
Lets start with flying First Class. All the male FA's are gays and typically quite good looking (not counting in some US airlines).
I think UA and AA(AE) have the most good looking ones
Old Dec 8, 2007, 10:34 am

Programs: A Few
I've been happily partnered since pre-FT days. My other half doesn't really get my fascination with FT, but does appreciate some of the benefits of me hanging out on here...including spending a week in Khao Lak in an Ocean Front Pool Villa for a total of about $100 on the great Ugandan Schilling rate mistake that Starwood made last year at this time.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:20 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
One problem with dating a fellow FTer, however, would be that not only must you actually like this person, but that your alliances must be complementary. Issues with interalliance dating could be significant. I mean, i could NEVER date a Skyteam elite. Ewww. Just the thought of it...Oneworld or Star all the way!
ORD....ewwww! SkyTeam has its pluses.

I recently met an FA, and our conversation about planes, passengers, and destinations never ended. I forgot to ask him if he is a member of FT!
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Was out tonight, Posh in NYC. Nice neighborhood bar. Met someone who started asking me about flying?! Totally random. What are the odds? His mom was a pilot for United! Small world. Of course, after 1.5 hours of chatting, he discloses his 23 year-old boyfriend. I swear......
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I can just see a new abbreviation of what guys are into starting to appear on manhunt, gaydar and other sites like that ... FT, etc.

Last edited by peteropny; Dec 9, 2007 at 5:20 pm Reason: Rather explicit abbreviations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.