Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dallas - Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2009, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyphilrun
Great info thanks to all contributors for this. I'll be on a short stopover in Dallas in July (17th) staying at the Adolphus or some such name... 3 questions for the locals or those in the know....
1. Is the hotel ok?
2. Is it far from any nightlife?
3. Is there a bar where the clientele is more my end of the age spectrum (40-ish... ahem!) than teenybopper?
THX for the advice
Phil
Adophus is an historic downtown hotel quite upscale, with high tea and all. Built by Adolphus Bush of the Budwiser fame.

Main street (1 block north) has several restaurants and bars (straight) and some nice restaurants. If you are downtown visit the original Neiman Marcus.

As one in your age group may I suggest the Roundup (western) or Eagle. JR's or Woody's could be fun as well.

Oaklawn avenue is about a 10 minute drive north of downtown.
Old May 21, 2009, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Karter
Hmm I think I'll have to try Roundup and Kaliente, just because they're two experience that you won't be able to match in London!

Some practical questions about DFW nightlife please...

1. What time do people go out usually?
2. Are people big on checking IDs? Usually I use my UK licence and it's ok but I know in some cities (I had a lot of problems in SEA for example), they'll only accept my passport.
If you are starting earlier (before 10pm) I would head to Oaklawn. There are about a dozen bars to choose from.

If you look young you will be carded. 21 is drinking age.
Old May 22, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Originally Posted by MrMan
Adophus is an historic downtown hotel quite upscale, with high tea and all. Built by Adolphus Bush of the Budwiser fame.

Main street (1 block north) has several restaurants and bars (straight) and some nice restaurants. If you are downtown visit the original Neiman Marcus.

As one in your age group may I suggest the Roundup (western) or Eagle. JR's or Woody's could be fun as well.

Oaklawn avenue is about a 10 minute drive north of downtown.
Excellent MrMan! Thanks for all the info, duly noted. Looking forward to it.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Away from Cedar Springs Rd

Is there any gay life away from Cedar Springs Rd? I recently moved to DFW and live way up north in Frisco so it's a pain going all the way near downtown Dallas for the gay scene. Is there anything in North Dallas, perhaps in Plano?
Old Dec 21, 2009, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Question for OP...

Do you like watching scantily clad young ladies picking up $20 or $50 bills with various body parts? If so, I have determined there is much for you you to enjoy in Dallas.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 8:25 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
Question for OP...

Do you like watching scantily clad young ladies picking up $20 or $50 bills with various body parts? If so, I have determined there is much for you you to enjoy in Dallas.
Yipes - that was my first experience with Dallas - on a business trip - taken to dinner at Hooters - floor seats for a Mavericks game - then a visit to a strip club (straight) I was bored out of my mind the whole evening
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:15 pm

I think the only thing 'gay' north of 635 is shopping malls. Actually, pretty much the only thing north of 635 in general is shopping malls.

BillJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.