Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gay Singapore?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat / UA Gold 1MM.
Check this site. IME Singapore is quiet during the week but lots of activity at the weekend.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:44 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
How do hotels in Singapore deal with 2 males wanting to 'share' a hotel room?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:41 am

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
Like hotels in most cities I wouldn't expect anyone to bat an eyelid at the top end (or presumably the transit (love) hotel end).

Singapore isn't as close minded as the fairly laws here would suggest and there is a good gay scene with many clubs etc

Having said that only time anywhere in the world where I had an issue checking in was in SG at the Grand Hyatt where the guy at check-in just couldn't figure out why we would want one bed for 2 guys. Have been to the same hotel many times since then and no issues though so would say it was an isolated case.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
2 guys arriving at a top Singapore hotel in suits (or jackets/blazers) checking in at reception just giving one reservation can cause confusion since the hotels are used to business travellers having one room each.

Less confusion if there are two bed; slightly more confusion if there is one bed but if you smile and nod saying that yes, you are happy with one bed, everything else goes smoothly.

It is just that some staff at the hotels are slower on the uptake compared with others.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joelfreak
RP on Scotts handled it just fine about a week and a half ago.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Doing a quick 3-night weekend next month in Singapore.
Anyone recommend current clubs, things to do, etc? I know Singapore well but haven't been there for about 16 months.
Thanks!
Also-hotels are DANG expensive! Like, US$135 for an Ibis! Anything else below US$100 include such standouts at Hotel 81s, and other lovely "love hotels"! Yikes.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:57 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Time to redeem points?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by joelfreak
Me, together with my partner, got once upgraded to a suite at Pan Pacific hotel in Singapore and got a very cheerful buttler to pamper us during our stay. Surely no problems us charing a bed
Old Sep 27, 2011, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Doing a quick 3-night weekend next month in Singapore.
Anyone recommend current clubs, things to do, etc? I know Singapore well but haven't been there for about 16 months.
Thanks!
Also-hotels are DANG expensive! Like, US$135 for an Ibis! Anything else below US$100 include such standouts at Hotel 81s, and other lovely "love hotels"! Yikes.
Nothing has changed. Just go to the Tantric and go from there. Alternatively try one of the "dating" websites....
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis First
On my way back from my first time in Singapore. I was staying with (straight) friends, so I didn't spend much time at the gay places, but i managed to drag my straight friend along to a few places. I thought I'd provide some info for those that haven't been.

The aforementioned http://www.utopia-asia.com/singbars.htm site is pretty accurate.

Places I went to:

Tantric:

Went on a Saturday night around 11:00 p.m. Packed like a Shanghai or Tokyo s subway train at rush hour in the front garden area, but a little more room upstairs (although still pretty packed, but you could move around). Nice bar, tasteful. Largely local crowd.

Taboo:

Across the street from Tantric, however they wanted an $20 SGD cover, so we declined. When my friend and I split off from the rest of our friends, a straight local girl mentioned that Taboo was better and more crowded. This was after recovering from her shock when my straight friend told her where we were going, and asking if we were sure twice.

DYMK:

Smaller place, bar environment with a bunch of small bar tables. Music not loud at all, and pretty well lit. Again, mostly local crowd. Btw, if you're there, they have some of the funniest free condoms I've ever seen. They have a picture of a woman with a caption that says "Mommy's boys play safe!" It made for a nice souvenir.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
Hey, thanks for the advice! I'll be hitting Singapore next month for the first time and have been scouring the internet for some advice. Hope you had fun!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:11 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
gay singapore

Going to SIN beginning of June any tips
On good bars or spa's

Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:11 am

I was in Singapore last April and most of the info in [this] thread is pretty accurate. I was there over a long weekend and Tantric was packed. Taboo does have steep cover but was pretty busy. Play is a sports-themed bar that had a drag show earlier in the night (I think around 11.30ish, but I missed most of it).

Enjoy SIN!

Last edited by peteropny; Mar 21, 2012 at 8:23 am Reason: edit because of merging
Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:58 am

Programs: AA1MM, QF/NZ/VA/UA/DL, etc...
Just had a recent trip of SE Asia including SIN Jan/Feb this year - stayed at the Fairmont at the beginning and at Naumi Hotel at the end of the trip. Both places had no problems at all, and Naumi was noticeably gay friendly including one staff member who was pretty obviously PLU.

I liked the smaller size and feel of Naumi, but Fairmont was wonderful as well.

Otherwise no changes to the bar scene - Tantric, Taboo and DYMK remain the places to go.

I did find a fair bit of cruising at some of the malls going on as well!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K / US DMS / DL PM
Last Call / Saunas / Cruise Clubs

What time is last call in Singapore?

Has anyone been to any of the Saunas or Cruise Clubs in Singapore? Absolute and Keybox look fun and exciting. Are there any others that need checking out?

Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.