Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Palm Springs, CA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay in Palm Springs, CA?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold
FWIW, I had a lovely stay at Holiday House (near the art museum) a few years back.
Old May 16, 2021, 4:40 am

Programs: HH Silver
Been a while, and a lot has happened with Covid, so I thought I would give a little update on what I know. All Worlds in its past location is closed, now a Hetero clothing optional, swingers place. Looks pretty icky if that is the best they could do for a promotion video. NSFW https://www.exoticdreamsresort.com/ Made me think of a rent by the hour for working girls type place, or a strip club with rooms. AW is now across the street at the Annex in what I consider to be a much, smaller, less pleasing atmosphere. Only 1 tiny pool.... Tortuga Del Sol is closed permanently. Inndulge up for sale. On the plus side, CCBC added a bar and restaurant, and appears to be adding a new 5 story "vacation club". Not a fan of their hotel though.

I am afraid the men only type places will be gone before too long, except for maybe a couple smaller more upscale ones. The only bars left that I know of are Toolshed and Barracks that are 99% men.
Old May 29, 2021, 4:37 pm
Original Member

We stayed at both La Dolce Vita and Inndulge in April 2021 (after spending the winter at our condo in PSP). We'd rented out our condo and the renters needed it a bit before we were ready to return east, so sandwiched a PSP resort experience around a driving trip up Hwy 1. We've been very happy with LdV in the past, but it changed hands a couple years ago. Previous owners still are in PSP. No worries, though--it was up to it's usual standard after our 3 night stay. We compared/contrasted with Inndulge (quick 1 night stay) and found either was fine---Inndulge had a slightly more comprehensive breakfast, but rooms were smaller and more cramped. Net-net---we prefer LdV more from our previous experience/patronage but would be perfectly happy at Inndulge. Did not hear of a sale of Inndulge while we were there. Hot tubs at both were functioning; steam room at LdV was disabled, massage/treatment spa at LdV was just reopened mid-April with limited services. CCBC's bar/restaurant (Runway) was not reopened in April, but was quite good when we were there in Oct 2019 (actually worthy of a visit independent that it was part of CCBC).
silverthief2 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
Had friends stay there recently with AirBnB. They rented a house near downtown with three bedrooms and a pool. It was a decent price for four people and they said it was fabulous. They even had use of the garage for their rental car.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:51 pm

we stayed several times in vista grande resort for many years in the past. We liked the amenitys, the tropical gardens and the steam room. But now we afraid of the rates there, more than 350 Bucks for a room with furniture of the 80´s.
2018 there was still complimentary lunch, dinner at weekends and so on, 10 years ago day and night guests were allowed and you could meet people from other locations.
Now its very very quiet and expensive,
What could be an alternative ?
good mix of ages (not only bears) , steam room, nice garden and 1-one Bedroom apartments for an reasonable price (clothing optional)...
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!
Originally Posted by jotxl
good mix of ages (not only bears) , steam room, nice garden and 1-one Bedroom apartments for an reasonable price (clothing optional)...
Was at InnDulge, PSP in Jan 22 for 14 nights in a studio with Kitchen. No steam room, however a laundry which was useful for a long stay! No issues, a good mix of guests, and they appeared to be managing COVID OK. Planning to return Jan 23 if the resort is still functioning - lets hope so! (TA flights already booked!) The prices have gone up, only to be expected I suppose.
jotxl likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:23 pm
Original Member

Don't overlook CCBC--they do a nice job of segregating the "frisk" and if you're in the east side of the complex you really needn't interact with the shenanigans which are on the west side of the complex.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:45 pm
Original Member

Had a walk through Descanso, which is the newest clothing optional men's resort in PSP. 16 rooms, owned by same guys as Santiago. Looks very nice with fair bit of foliage/vines. Is on the north side of PSP one block off Indian Canyon (next door to the former Chaps Inn). Breakfast; lunch brought in from various restaurants, weekend happy hour with wine/beer. Pool, spa with good amount of shade. Two-story u-shaped property (reminiscent of Canyon Club) but significantly higher end. With the loss of La Dolce Vita and Tortuga del Sol, nice to see another possibility.
tatterdema likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by jamiel
Had a walk through Descanso, which is the newest clothing optional men's resort in PSP. 16 rooms, owned by same guys as Santiago. Looks very nice with fair bit of foliage/vines. Is on the north side of PSP one block off Indian Canyon (next door to the former Chaps Inn). Breakfast; lunch brought in from various restaurants, weekend happy hour with wine/beer. Pool, spa with good amount of shade. Two-story u-shaped property (reminiscent of Canyon Club) but significantly higher end. With the loss of La Dolce Vita and Tortuga del Sol, nice to see another possibility.
Now it looks like Canyon Club might be gone also... Budget friendly places are pretty much all gone now.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:55 pm
Original Member

Agreed, Canyon Club seems closed this summer.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by jamiel
Agreed, Canyon Club seems closed this summer.
Apparently one of the owners died during the winter. The website said to have patience and bare with them while they went through probate, then suddenly the website went dark. I think it is gone for good.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by tatterdema
Apparently one of the owners died during the winter. The website said to have patience and bare with them while they went through probate, then suddenly the website went dark. I think it is gone for good.
Guess I was wrong. It appears to be back open again. At least they are taking reservations once again.....
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:47 am

If it's in the shape it was in before closing, I wouldn't rush to book a reservation.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 1:14 pm
Original Member

very fair statement--some condition issues have been reported.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:18 am

Stayed 1 night at Canyon Club a couple weeks ago. Pretty much the same, no noticeable changes, except the hot tub is open again. Despite the bad reviews on the condition of the place, I have never had an issue. The beds are clean and comfortable. The place is quiet at night. I normally am there just for a good nights rest, and relaxation at the pool with a good book, and for that, it fits the bill at half the price of other places in town. I enjoy the low key atmosphere and try to overlook the rough shape parts of the place are in.

I am not there to "play", but if you are I would use caution as there are quite a few creepers getting in at night. A couple times different guys that appeared to be homeless tried to get me to let them stay in my room.

The owner/manager Chris is very nice, as is the housekeeping staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.