Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Palm Springs, CA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Beside All Worlds Resort and Inn Exile, what other nicer resort (we're not looking for 5 stars resort, just a clean, comfortable room) where quite a bit of plays going on? We read the reviews on All Worlds and Inn Exile, the review is not good, they're scary actually. We're older and younger couple looking for nice clothing optional resorts in Palm Springs but have quite of bit plays going on with no atittude. Appreciate any recommendation. Thanks!

Last edited by ziffies; Oct 2, 2015 at 2:03 pm
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:40 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Inn Exile is under "new" ownership and management so older reviews probably aren't applicable. Nice and frisky seem to be mutually exclusive terms. If you're looking for frisky, probably other choices would be the Atrium/Mirage/VistaGrande compound in the same Warm Sands area or CCBC out a ways in Cathedral City. Nice, but hardly frisky (although things can happen) would be just about any other clothing optional resorts (there are very few that aren't clothing optional). Our favorite is Santiago, very nice rooms but friskiness is pretty low, it's primarily couples 30s-50s.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
Nice and frisky seem to be mutually exclusive terms.
Absolutely agree with this about Palm Springs resorts (Not that it could not get frisky at the nicer places).

Why not go to the nicer places (at the risk that there will be little play) but then get a day pass for the more playful resorts? Allworlds definitely offers day passes, others do too.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:15 pm

All Worlds now owns Inn Exile. At some point, they will own the entire neighborhood in the dwindling market of clothing optional gay hotels in PS.

Vista Grande had drama over the summer: http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/...alve/71257740/
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:32 am

Canyon Club

In my humble opinion, Canyon Club Resort offers the best value and enjoyment in Palm Springs. It's downtown so you can walk to Arenas Road and there's a wonderful outdoor private "park" along with indoor playroom, steam, sauna, etc. Not ultra luxurious but the owners really take good care of the place and the guests. A nice mix of ages, some singles, some couples here.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Anyone has experience with INNDulge? One of our aquintances mention about it. The website is flashy but not sure about the reality of it. We're not looking for luxury fancy room, just a regular clean and comfortable room (no roaches, mice, bed bugs, broken stuffs, smell, dirty linens, etc).
Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by rgronenb
In my humble opinion, Canyon Club Resort offers the best value and enjoyment in Palm Springs. It's downtown so you can walk to Arenas Road and there's a wonderful outdoor private "park" along with indoor playroom, steam, sauna, etc. Not ultra luxurious but the owners really take good care of the place and the guests. A nice mix of ages, some singles, some couples here.
That's a reasonable option for the OP - it's located away from the other resorts though.

Originally Posted by ziffies
Anyone has experience with INNDulge? One of our aquintances mention about it. The website is flashy but not sure about the reality of it. We're not looking for luxury fancy room, just a regular clean and comfortable room (no roaches, mice, bed bugs, broken stuffs, smell, dirty linens, etc).
INNDulge is a favorite of some forum members, rooms are fairly nice but somewhat dated. The friskiness factor isn't real high though.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Staying at Inn Exile in a couple of weeks, if you haven't made reservations anywhere yet, I will report back. So far, over the phone, they have been very nice and easy to deal with, although there were a couple of hiccups with my reservation.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tatterdema
Staying at Inn Exile in a couple of weeks, if you haven't made reservations anywhere yet, I will report back. So far, over the phone, they have been very nice and easy to deal with, although there were a couple of hiccups with my reservation.
Perfect... Let us know... Wont be making the reservation for awhile.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50k, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plus Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by peteropny
Inn Exile is under "new" ownership and management so older reviews probably aren't applicable. Nice and frisky seem to be mutually exclusive terms. If you're looking for frisky, probably other choices would be the Atrium/Mirage/VistaGrande compound in the same Warm Sands area or CCBC out a ways in Cathedral City. Nice, but hardly frisky (although things can happen) would be just about any other clothing optional resorts (there are very few that aren't clothing optional). Our favorite is Santiago, very nice rooms but friskiness is pretty low, it's primarily couples 30s-50s.
Agree with peteropny regarding Santiago.
Until earlier this year it was owned by our friends in Palm Springs. Laid back and casual, clothing optional with a good mix of age groups. Weekend/public holidays usually fully booked, but quiter during weekdays - so book early (What time of year are you planning on going?). Unlike some gay 'resorts' - think SOP - day visitors were not allowed (unless accompanied by hotel guest), so it remained a peaceful environment.
You could walk to downtown Palm Springs, about 20-30 minutes (depending on temperature!) from Santiago and it's about a 15 minute drive from the airport.
IMHO the real Palm Springs is better than Warm Sands and Cathederal City.
As Santiago has changed ownership, suggest you check TripAdvisor for latest comments.
If you need/want further info on Palm Springs am happy to help, just PM
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by mlafqtv
Agree with peteropny regarding Santiago.
Until earlier this year it was owned by our friends in Palm Springs. Laid back and casual, clothing optional with a good mix of age groups. Weekend/public holidays usually fully booked, but quiter during weekdays - so book early (What time of year are you planning on going?). Unlike some gay 'resorts' - think SOP - day visitors were not allowed (unless accompanied by hotel guest), so it remained a peaceful environment.
You could walk to downtown Palm Springs, about 20-30 minutes (depending on temperature!) from Santiago and it's about a 15 minute drive from the airport.
IMHO the real Palm Springs is better than Warm Sands and Cathederal City.
As Santiago has changed ownership, suggest you check TripAdvisor for latest comments.
If you need/want further info on Palm Springs am happy to help, just PM
We've been staying at Santiago since it opened, about 18 years ago. Been through 2 ownership changes, 3 owners in all. Last time was over July 4th, with the newest owners. They were doing some renovation, painting etc to turn to feel into a more Mexican / Spanish style. Staff said that new furniture and carpeting are coming. It's good to see ownership that's willing to invest in the property, much like the previous owners. We go to PSP about 2x a year, and with each stay, we can identify the new stuff at the property - the most major one was the bathrooms shortly after they bought the property.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: KL Platinum
Three years ago I stayed at Century PS which was really nice, stylish and well priced. Guests were between 30’s and 50’s, couples and singles.
The property has 9 rooms so it’s small but it can have also enough guests to allow for some “friskiness” - it really depends on who’s staying there at that moment and on your own spirit of adventure. I really enjoyed every single day there.

For next year we’re looking for a place where we can stay with the three of us in a room, and there are only a few options - I booked at the Triangle Inn. Any experiences there?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Stoontje
For next year we’re looking for a place where we can stay with the three of us in a room, and there are only a few options - I booked at the Triangle Inn. Any experiences there?
Triangle Inn, on San Lorenzo almost across the street from Santiago, is an architecturally interesting property (mid-century of course). Not really my favorite since there is a lot of concrete and very little grass area. The "friskiness" factor from what I've heard is fairly low during the day but can be rather high around the pool area late at night.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Just stayed at Triada which is an Autograph (Marriott if you're looking for points).
New clean and charming. Was nice to have the 2 queen casita with the kitchen.

I know most here were talking about cruising and newds...not the case here.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: HH Silver
So, just got back from Inn Exile. I would run, not walk away. I toured around All Worlds, and it seemed fine for what you are looking for, although not luxurious by any means, it was clean and decently kept up. If you want more info, PM me.

Although they are owned by the same people, the difference is night and day. Inn Exile needs closed down, and a good deep cleaning and revamp before reopening again. Too bad, because it could be a very nice property.

Last edited by tatterdema; Oct 21, 2015 at 1:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.