Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Palm Springs, CA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay in Palm Springs, CA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA
On the topic of Warm Sands Properties...I stayed at All Worlds a couple of years back...I'm no prude and actually don't mind the....ahem....extracurricular activities....but

All Worlds was a bit much for me. It seemed less of a legitimate lodging establishment and more of a bathhouse. They sell day and night passes and the crowd it attracted appeared to be more sketchy than sexy.

Anyone been to the Mirage recently?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!
Desert Eclipse no longer a Gay Resort

Originally Posted by chimark
Just stumbled across the GLBT forum - didn't know it was here. If anyone is looking for a nice small resort in PS, highly recommend the Desert Eclipse. We stayed there before we purchased a condo in PS (and have stayed there since as well when we had someone renting our place). Very nice amenities and decor - high end bedding, small private patios for each room, most rooms are suites. The clientele is quieter and very friendly - the owners are wonderful!
Agree, Desert Eclipse was GREAT, however it is no longer a gay resort and now trades under Avance.

I was at at Escape in March for 9 nights, quiet, efficient and friendly - booked to return Sep 17.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by edinv
Agree, Desert Eclipse was GREAT, however it is no longer a gay resort and now trades under Avance.

I was at at Escape in March for 9 nights, quiet, efficient and friendly - booked to return Sep 17.
Thanks! That explains the reservation page keeps giving me "Online Reservations not allowed after Apr-11-2016". I will quit trying now.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:57 pm

And now I'm sad.
Old May 22, 2017, 2:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It's not open yet, so no idea if it's gay friendly or not (but hey, it's in the greater Palm Springs area so assuming yes), but thought I'd throw it into the mix.

Marriott is opening an Autograph Collection (its boutique brand) that has poolside cabanas & even an Airstream as a room option! Some pics in the link.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...desert-ca.html

Cheers.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Was at The Avalon last weekend. At least 3 other guests on Grindr and 1 staff lol.
Old May 23, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA
Went to the Mirage earlier this month. Much nicer than before. They don't allow day passes anymore - you can go to All Worlds Next Door for that
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Any recent updates on PS lodging? Planning another trip, first in a few years and it appears quite a lot has changed. Would prefer an upmarket gay resort, like Santiago or Hacienda, but last time we stayed at Del Marcos (not-gay boutique resort) and that was lovely. Would rather not stay in a big place but could think about Triada or Avalon for the points if they're particularly good value...
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Santiago is very nice, I stayed there 2 nights (after 3 nights at the Ritz Carlton for a [gay] wedding) last February. Smallish-hotel (~20 rooms?) with good hard product and service.
Another friend of mine swears by INNdulge, which I think is not quite as nice as the Santiago but is a larger property. This means more variety of guests and greater chance of "meeting" people (this friend is single). I think with the smaller places it can be hit-or-miss in terms of how social the crowd is.

A year before that we went with two friends who aren't into the clothing optional scene, and stayed at the Riviera, which is a much, much larger property (400 rooms). We actually had an enjoyable stay there and the rates were very good (plus I got a best rate guarantee discount of 20% and thus had a 1BR suite for like $120/night). The main pool area was very busy on Saturday, but there's a secondary pool area that didn't have any drink service that was nice and quiet with plenty of chaises. It's a mixed crowd but definitely lots of LGBT folks.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:33 pm
Suspended

I suggest staying close to downtown Palm Springs. Lively in the evening, tons of restaurants and easy walk to/from hotels.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ride shares are reasonably plentiful (though XLs can be much more sparse) and pretty inexpensive, so it's not that big of a deal if you're beyond walking distance to downtown.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Ride shares are reasonably plentiful (though XLs can be much more sparse) and pretty inexpensive, so it's not that big of a deal if you're beyond walking distance to downtown.
True, but personally I prefer to walk to nightlife/restaurants in the evening.
I have only been to Palm Springs twice so far and stayed once at the Renaissance and once at the Hyatt. I liked the former but thought the latter was a bit rundown. Definitely not going to stay at the Hyatt again.
For my third time, I think I might try Riviera, Hilton, or Kimpton.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!
More changes in PSP!

Escape Resort was sold on in September 2019, and is now no longer gay. The former Escape owners appear to have recently taken over Desert Paradise and are trading as Desert Paradise - an Escape Resort Hotel.

Me and my partner are booked for La Dolce Vita (LDV) for May. We specifically look for a room/studio with a kitchen including a stove. Recent changes in ownership at LDV as well from what I read.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
That's a reasonable option for the OP - it's located away from the other resorts though.

INNDulge is a favorite of some forum members, rooms are fairly nice but somewhat dated. The friskiness factor isn't real high though.
inndulge is our favorite.
nice and naughty
canyon club is sleezy.... good for 1 night but too much for a week
Old Jun 23, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: HH Silver
It appears that All Worlds sold the main resort, and kept the "Annex". That surprises me, as I felt like the main resort was in better shape. Maybe they needed the money. If anyone knows what the new (old) All Worlds will be, please chime in.

https://www.allworlds.com/

https://www.allworlds.com/important-info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.