Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Sitges gay pride GAYLA II! (July 8 - 10th, 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sitges gay pride GAYLA II! (July 8 - 10th, 2011)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I'm confirmed

Flying with Studio76
Old May 14, 2011, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
Posting from Yumbo Center in the middle of Gran Canaria Pride 2011. Lots of advertising about Sitges Pride, and they even had a float in the parade!
Old May 18, 2011, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Sitges Pride FAQs

I'll be updating POST # 2 answering important questions about this year's event.

FAQ #1: HOW DO I GET TO SITGES?
It's very easy! First of all, you need to book a flight ticket to BCN (revenue or not, F or E-, we don't care). When you arrive you have several options:
- Take the shuttle bus to Terminal 2 and then walk to the train station. Buy your ticket (around 3 €) and take the train. Get off the train in the 1st stop (EL PRAT DE LLOBREGAT), switch platforms, and wait for the train that goes to VILANOVA (R2 sud). That train will take you to Sitges. It shouldn't take more than 1 hour.
- If you don't want to deal with the train, there's a bus that goes from the airport to Sitges. It goes every hour on week days. You can find the timetable and details HERE!
- If you're used to travel in style and can't be bothered by the hassle of public transportation, take a taxi. It will be around 50 €.

FAQ #2: WHERE DO I STAY?
Sadly, our FT deal with the Alenti Hotel is gone. The hotel is fully booked for the pride weekend. My suggestion is that you try to stay as close as possible to the town center. Some comments about the hotels showing availability right now:
- Best Western Subur Maritim: Nice hotel (for a BW), a bit far from the action. Get it with points, if you can.
- San Sebastian Playa: Nice and basic. A bit overpriced for my taste.
- Estela Barcelona: Very nice hotel. Close to the Marina (where we will be on Friday) but far from the shennanigans. Cab rides will be required. Best quality to price ratio for the pride weekend.
- Terramar: The cheapest option in certain level of confort. The hotel is a bit dated and a bit far, but the price is good.
- Calipolis: Location, location, location! This hotel is nothing spectacular, but you can't beat that location.
- Meliá: Nice. Close to the Marina and to the Estela Barcelona, so think of a cab.
- Dolce Sitges: Best hotel in town. Winner of several Conde Nast gold awards as best spa & resort in Spain. Cheaper than the Calipolis for that weekend, but far from the action.

Stay tuned! more to come!
Old May 18, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: having fun
Originally Posted by justforfun
You're coming, aren't you?
LMAO....why you always picking on the lil guy
Old May 18, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: having fun
Originally Posted by dragonfirebcn

The host pleads the 5th even tough it's not valid in Spain. The host also reminds the Greek that he doesn't do FT'ers anymore.

I have given up on Colombians
Old May 26, 2011, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Someone has pointed out that certain LA based slumlord is also missing from the confirmed list. I promise that if someone identifies him and makes him commit, I'll personally bring someone in a grown-up rat costume to the parade watching party, so he would feel more comfortable
Old May 30, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: MP Premier Exec (finally!)
Such good timing!

Anyone else doing the RSVP Roman Empire cruise? I'm in Sitges two nights prior, glad to see it overlaps with Pride too.
Old May 30, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Its been a delightful weekend enjoying Sitges before the mayhem of the Pride weekend.

Many of the clubs have open up (go-go boys have not started work as yet!)
Still relatively easy to grab a front row table at Parrots for an evening drink.

Lots of Brits (long bank holiday weekend) and surprising many american accents could be heard around town.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theturbotourist
Anyone else doing the RSVP Roman Empire cruise? I'm in Sitges two nights prior, glad to see it overlaps with Pride too.
I think there's at least 4 FTers in that cruise.
Interested in joining us for dinner on Friday July 8th?
Old May 30, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
My plans have changed so now I'm coming to Sitges! Just booked a suite at the Calipolis July 8-11, so hoping its halfway decent, though I don't imagine I'll be spending much time in the room.

Look forward to see you boys and girls there

Dragonfire- I'm down for dinner on Friday.
Old May 30, 2011, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
My plans have changed so now I'm coming to Sitges! Just booked a suite at the Calipolis July 8-11, so hoping its halfway decent, though I don't imagine I'll be spending much time in the room.

Look forward to see you boys and girls there

Dragonfire- I'm down for dinner on Friday.
WooHoo!!!
Is MTR coming also?
Old May 30, 2011, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by dragonfirebcn
WooHoo!!!
Is MTR coming also?
Negatory. I'm a single man now
Old May 30, 2011, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Old May 30, 2011, 7:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Sorry to hear
Old May 31, 2011, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Sitges Pride FAQs

As promised, I'll be updating POST # 2 answering important questions about this year's event.

FAQ #3: IS THERE ANY PRE-GAYLA SIDE TRIPS OR ACTIVITIES PLANNED?
I understand that everybody wants to maximize the summer trip experience, especially if a TATL flight is involved. As of this year's event, no official side trips/activities have been announced, but feel free to share your plans with other attendees if you want to find some trip companions.

If you feel like organizing some pre-event activities, you can announce it in this thread and open a new thread in the GLBT forum, facebook or that other frequent flyers website. Please don't hijack this thread!

FAQ #4: IS THERE ANY POST-GAYLA SIDE TRIPS OR ACTIVITIES PLANNED?
As of side trips, nothing has been announced yet. As of activities, and after checking that some of the attendees are staying in Barcelona on July 11th, I think some Foie Gras is in order. I'll book a table for dinner at El Petit Burger by Bestiari for those who want to join me for some Foie, good burgers, gin & tonics, and more foie. Please, confirm me if you want to attend this dinner for booking properly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.