FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sitges gay pride GAYLA II! (July 8 - 10th, 2011)
Old May 18, 2011, 3:35 pm
dragonfirebcn

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
Sitges Pride FAQs

I'll be updating POST # 2 answering important questions about this year's event.

FAQ #1: HOW DO I GET TO SITGES?
It's very easy! First of all, you need to book a flight ticket to BCN (revenue or not, F or E-, we don't care). When you arrive you have several options:
- Take the shuttle bus to Terminal 2 and then walk to the train station. Buy your ticket (around 3 €) and take the train. Get off the train in the 1st stop (EL PRAT DE LLOBREGAT), switch platforms, and wait for the train that goes to VILANOVA (R2 sud). That train will take you to Sitges. It shouldn't take more than 1 hour.
- If you don't want to deal with the train, there's a bus that goes from the airport to Sitges. It goes every hour on week days. You can find the timetable and details HERE!
- If you're used to travel in style and can't be bothered by the hassle of public transportation, take a taxi. It will be around 50 €.

FAQ #2: WHERE DO I STAY?
Sadly, our FT deal with the Alenti Hotel is gone. The hotel is fully booked for the pride weekend. My suggestion is that you try to stay as close as possible to the town center. Some comments about the hotels showing availability right now:
- Best Western Subur Maritim: Nice hotel (for a BW), a bit far from the action. Get it with points, if you can.
- San Sebastian Playa: Nice and basic. A bit overpriced for my taste.
- Estela Barcelona: Very nice hotel. Close to the Marina (where we will be on Friday) but far from the shennanigans. Cab rides will be required. Best quality to price ratio for the pride weekend.
- Terramar: The cheapest option in certain level of confort. The hotel is a bit dated and a bit far, but the price is good.
- Calipolis: Location, location, location! This hotel is nothing spectacular, but you can't beat that location.
- Meliá: Nice. Close to the Marina and to the Estela Barcelona, so think of a cab.
- Dolce Sitges: Best hotel in town. Winner of several Conde Nast gold awards as best spa & resort in Spain. Cheaper than the Calipolis for that weekend, but far from the action.

Stay tuned! more to come!