Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

SFO --> Folsom Street Fair Weekend 9/23-27 DO/Gayla - now confirmed with some events

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO --> Folsom Street Fair Weekend 9/23-27 DO/Gayla - now confirmed with some events

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2010, 4:50 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I don't know how you could possibly have missed me! I was there til 3:15 out front. Standing for a while, then sitting on the concrete bench! Tanktop, black PIT baseball cap, tattoos plain as day!!!
Old Sep 24, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
The only ball cap I noticed was on the tall guy by the tree in the green shirt. I arrived 2:50, looked inside, then stood outside, gray t-shirt, full beard, sunglasses, black pants, boots... Hope to meet you another time!
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:25 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
The resturant chosen for Saturday night sounds interesting. Anyone interested in attending the Saturday night dinner? If you are I know one other interested person. So we could have two for sure.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Oh... I wish I was going this year... I have always wanted to go to Folsom... Won't be the same when I go a month later... a few things missing from the street!

Hope all you guys and gals have fun... !
Old Sep 25, 2010, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by frank_10b
The resturant chosen for Saturday night sounds interesting. Anyone interested in attending the Saturday night dinner? If you are I know one other interested person. So we could have two for sure.
I can tell you that Anamandara is UNBELIEVEABLE! I have eaten there many times, and if I lived in SFO, I would eat there a couple of times per month, I am sure.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:34 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Thanks, is this resturant in the food court with Just Desserts arounds the gates 80s ?
The pan-Asian place and the bread place really looked good. Actually very impressed with the offerings at SFO, even better than the T5 LHR.

So then anybody else interested? Any time best? To recognize eachother we could be holding out elite status card or favorate airline FF credit card.

Let me know.

We could do it after the BigMuscle event say 7 or 8PM, or maybe 9PM?
Old Sep 25, 2010, 8:48 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
OK. I'm flying in Sunday morning. Since there will be thousands of people there, I'll fasten my flyertalk luggage tag onto my skimpy outfit.

Seriously, did all the organized events fall through?
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Travelergcp
OK. I'm flying in Sunday morning. Since there will be thousands of people there, I'll fasten my flyertalk luggage tag onto my skimpy outfit.

What fall through? ALMOST (maybe 6 or 7 people total, and not for the same events) no one was willing or able to commit to any of the organized events.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Travelergcp

no one seemed interested in tonight's restaurant, why i don't know?
the op was not able to go to SFO

I give up.... maybe next time people can include their MH or A4A names or send pic of themselves naked to spice things up, or perhaps this section of FT could find a sponsor for a stripper or something to ensure attendance. I don't think that miles are going to cut it, we need whips, chains and mega inches to enforce some discipline!
Old Sep 26, 2010, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Gay men do seem to have trouble committing to much of anything, as I stated quite a while ago. I was disappointed that nothing came of this. If I would have been able to go to SFO, I did want to meet up with a large group of you. Alas, it was not meant to be.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Hope y'all have fun in SF.
Too bad the dinner was such a circular shoot out.
Sometimes(most often) the best route is to pick a reasonable course of action and stick with that plan.If folks show up that is great,if not-their loss.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 6:19 pm
In memoriam

Programs: United
Originally Posted by USirritated
Gay men do seem to have trouble committing to much of anything, as I stated quite a while ago. I was disappointed that nothing came of this. If I would have been able to go to SFO, I did want to meet up with a large group of you. Alas, it was not meant to be.
The 60 or so mostly gay FTers who regularly attend Wireless' and BigGuy's events in SFO might be surprised to learn that they can't commit.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 7:24 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

I'm around tomorrow. Anyone want to have lunch at Pancho
Villa in the mission?
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:36 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
My offer from above still stands. Breakfast / brunch at the Soma Inn Cafe on Folsom St @ 7th around noon Monday for anyone who's interested. You can PM me or post here!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 2:09 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Dang. Got up too late to make any of this happen. Hope everyone had a good time. I was certainly overdressed this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.