Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Bavaria pass

Bavaria pass

Old Dec 9, 19, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SW, Hilton, , UAL plebe, AA plebe
Bavaria pass

I see that it's possible to buy the daily "Bavaria pass" online; are these passes also available for purchase at the train station of departure (Munich HBH in particular)? I'll be using one either on a Friday or Saturday.

Also - (maybe a dumb question), but, does the Bavaria pass also include travel to Innsbruck?

Thanks

RRZ
Old Dec 9, 19, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Yes, I have bought the Bavaria pass at train stations, both from a ticket machine and from the ticket office - although this was at smaller stations, not Munich.

based on the Deutschland Bahn map it looks like it includes Innsbruck (I know it includes Salzburg)
https://www.bahn.com/en/view/mdb/pv/...e_bay_2015.pdf
Old Dec 9, 19, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
Based on that map it is valid for travel up to Kufstein but not as far as Innsbruck.
Old Dec 10, 19, 5:10 am

Not valid to Innsbruck; can be purchased online, at ticket machines or at station ticket offices, although with a EUR 2 surcharge for the last option.
Old Dec 10, 19, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Yep. Flying Lawyer and railways are correct.
The Bavaria pass doesn’t get you to Innsbruck.
Old Dec 10, 19, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
You can also buy the pass from the DB ticket machine at any S-Bahn station, or from almost all MVV (city transport) ticket machines at U-Bahn, S-Bahn, or tram stops. So if you're taking public transport to Hbf within the pass's validity period (after 9 am if a weekday, or any time if a Sat. or Sun.) that ride will be covered, too.

ETA: As you probably know, you can also buy the pass for a future date, too (at any of the sales points), but I wrote the above assuming that you plan to buy on the day of travel.

Last edited by Giggleswick; Dec 10, 19 at 4:23 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: