Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

possible to make connection at STR(stuttgart) for only 45min for intra-EU flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

possible to make connection at STR(stuttgart) for only 45min for intra-EU flights?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Embraer operated flight, most likely a bus gate. When arriving you are dumped into an arrival area, I think you need to clear security again to get back airside.
Honestly your risk are big, I would book the arrival the eve and sleep at Stuttgart.
Yes agree with this. And hotel options around STR are not inspiring.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:05 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The Pullman is OK-ish
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The Pullman is OK-ish
I was going to say this. But really only -ish. Local restaurants...forget it. Must go into town.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, AAEXP, CZ G, MU PLT, CA PLT, Hyatt D, Hilton D, Marriott PP
Embraer operated flight, most likely a bus gate. When arriving you are dumped into an arrival area, I think you need to clear security again to get back airside.
Honestly your risk are big, I would book the arrival the eve and sleep at Stuttgart.
Yes, I agreed. but the flight one day ealier have no award seat available... and the revenu ticket is really expensive....
by the way, I have Emerald status of oneworld, I don't know is there a fast track line of security check?

Last edited by kulin; Dec 4, 2019 at 12:35 pm
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:43 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Not always open. And even if it is not always faster.
Then go to STR with another carrier on the eve. I think there is a consensus: you are very unlikely to do what you want.
Or fly to FRA the eve and take the train to STR. Train would take 2h30 (ICE to Stuttgart Hbf and then S bahn to STR).
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, AAEXP, CZ G, MU PLT, CA PLT, Hyatt D, Hilton D, Marriott PP
Not always open. And even if it is not always faster.
Then go to STR with another carrier on the eve. I think there is a consensus: you are very unlikely to do what you want.
Or fly to FRA the eve and take the train to STR. Train would take 2h30 (ICE to Stuttgart Hbf and then S bahn to STR).
thanks for your advises. I think train will be a feasible alternative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.