FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany-626/)
-   -   possible to make connection at STR(stuttgart) for only 45min for intra-EU flights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany/1997654-possible-make-connection-str-stuttgart-only-45min-intra-eu-flights.html)

kulin Dec 1, 2019 9:05 am

possible to make connection at STR(stuttgart) for only 45min for intra-EU flights?

I am in a schengen country, and I have a flight departing from STR(stuttgart, DE) to 3rd schengen country, so I need to position there, but since limited seat & date, the only flight I can take to STR will be just the previous flight of the one from STR, the schedule time between those two flights is only 45min, this situation in US will be a perfect thing and easy to do. but I don't know it's that work at STR airport?

LondonElite Dec 1, 2019 2:48 pm

I really have no idea what you are trying to do, but it sounds like you are buying separate tickets, in which case you don’t have a connection at all, just two separate flights. I suggest you leave at least four hours between these, otherwise you risk being stranded at STR.

metalhead4664 Dec 2, 2019 4:00 am

Depending on time and date you should have mo problem if everything is running on time. The airport is small enough to easily cover the distance in 45 minutes. With weather delays or understaffed security you may be cutting it close though.

LondonElite Dec 2, 2019 4:16 am

Originally Posted by metalhead4664 (Post 31795339)
Depending on time and date you should have mo problem if everything is running on time. The airport is small enough to easily cover the distance in 45 minutes. With weather delays or understaffed security you may be cutting it close though.

This is not great advice. OP doesn't have 45 minutes as the next flight will have closed before then. If flights are on time he has perhaps 30 minutes, which is tight.

kulin Dec 2, 2019 8:02 am

Originally Posted by metalhead4664 (Post 31795339)

Yes, the tickets is booked sepereately. but I think I can check in online and get a mobile boarding pass.
And I don't think delay will be a problem, as I said, since the two flighs will be same aircraft, so if one delayed, the connection will be put off as well. The distance is one reason I worried, and more important is, something else like passport control? Do I need to pass again passport control? or need to pass through security check again...?

kulin Dec 2, 2019 8:04 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 31795365)
This is not great advice. OP doesn't have 45 minutes as the next flight will have closed before then. If flights are on time he has perhaps 30 minutes, which is tight.

I think I can check in online... And, I won't check baggages certainly.

Freddorick Dec 2, 2019 9:00 am

I think OP wants to do a direct turnaround in STR. Never done one myself, the BA forum has a report on a 45 min direct turn at STR: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post25218840

Note, that when arriving from a Schengen country you won’t have to clear immigration twice so I guess you’ll easily make it even if you have to reclear security.

kulin Dec 3, 2019 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Freddorick (Post 31796024)
I think OP wants to do a direct turnaround in STR. Never done one myself, the BA forum has a report on a 45 min direct turn at STR: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post25218840

Note, that when arriving from a Schengen country you won’t have to clear immigration twice so I guess you’ll easily make it even if you have to reclear security.

aha...actually yes...so you know what I worried. The post you provided is useful but it's seems that on a international flight from LHR? I don't know what it is from a Schengen country, even no need to clear immigration again, but the situation is still unknown. Thank you for your information.
Hoping someone can provide information about a intra-EU back to back, or connection at STR...

:D! Dec 3, 2019 1:01 am

Basically what you want to know is whether Schengen arrivals at STR disembark at the same gate used for boarding.

AFAIK, this is the case for many smaller German airports, but I don't know about STR specifically as I wasn't paying attention the last time I was there.

chgoeditor Dec 3, 2019 3:50 pm

Moving this to our Germany forum, which is home to airport-related threads.

chgoeditor
co-mod, Info Desk

kulin Dec 4, 2019 1:06 am

Originally Posted by chgoeditor (Post 31801629)
Moving this to our Germany forum, which is home to airport-related threads.

chgoeditor
co-mod, Info Desk

thanks

fransknorge Dec 4, 2019 3:00 am

Please post your itinerary, it will help us. It could be you come from a place where the probability to be bussed to/from gate is high and in this case, immediate turn-around is not possible.

LondonElite Dec 4, 2019 3:11 am

You can never rule out a bus gate at STR...

kulin Dec 4, 2019 10:34 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge (Post 31803138)
Please post your itinerary, it will help us. It could be you come from a place where the probability to be bussed to/from gate is high and in this case, immediate turn-around is not possible.

well, it's actually HEL to STR in the morning, operated by AY. Flight number is AY1451 & AY1452,two separate ticket :(

fransknorge Dec 4, 2019 10:41 am

Embraer operated flight, most likely a bus gate. When arriving you are dumped into an arrival area, I think you need to clear security again to get back airside.
Honestly your risk are big, I would book the arrival the eve and sleep at Stuttgart.