EasyPass-RTP Enrollment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EasyPass-RTP Enrollment

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: SPG 100 Plat, AA Plat, SWA, Avis Pref., Hertz GLD
I'm planning to fly into FRA in a few weeks for a layover, then another flight to a schengen area city. I have a 3hr layover and wanted to register for Easypass RTP, do i have to exit to land-side to find the bundespolizei? Or is it accessible from the airside?
Old Sep 15, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by index411
I'm planning to fly into FRA in a few weeks for a layover, then another flight to a schengen area city. I have a 3hr layover and wanted to register for Easypass RTP, do i have to exit to land-side to find the bundespolizei? Or is it accessible from the airside?
It's landside.

If you follow the signs to the B station for the SkyTrain it's on the mezzanine level that you reach with the first escalators.

​​​​​
index411 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 4:53 pm

Great, thanks! Is a 3hr layover (coming internationally, continuing within Schengen) long enough to exit, visit the BP, then re-enter through security?
Old Sep 16, 2023, 3:32 pm

Flying into MUC on LH411 expecting to arrive at ~8:30am local time.

Flying out on LH1734 boarding time is listed as 10:10am out of gate H. Flying in J if it matters.

Is the roughly 100 minutes enough time to deplane, go landside, register for Easypass, re-clear security and get to the departure gate?
Old Sep 17, 2023, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by RonaldRaygun
Flying into MUC on LH411 expecting to arrive at ~8:30am local time.

Flying out on LH1734 boarding time is listed as 10:10am out of gate H. Flying in J if it matters.

Is the roughly 100 minutes enough time to deplane, go landside, register for Easypass, re-clear security and get to the departure gate?

​​​​​​Turns out it's not possible.

The federal police office to register is not in room 4479

I estimate needing 4 hrs layover
Old Sep 19, 2023, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by RonaldRaygun
​​​​​​Turns out it's not possible.

The federal police office to register is not in room 4479

I estimate needing 4 hrs layover
4hrs? What would make it take that long?
Old Sep 19, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by index411
4hrs? What would make it take that long?
The longest part for me was waiting in line - there were about 4-5 people in front of me the day I was there. The process itself takes 2-5 minutes. Really quick. I did it either upon arrival or departure. If doing it on a layover, the only risk is getting back through passport control and security (but you'll get through passport control faster!). Just my experince.
index411 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by priobagtag
Didn't work at FRA on both exit and entry. Had been over two weeks since I had signed up, and on the day of departure I went to the office to confirm that it was ready for use. Tried at both B and Z exit points, and entrance into B. I told the officer at the manual desk when returning that it wasn't working and he came and tried it for me, he apologized and said to check on it with the office in Frankfurt (where I had registered). If it makes a difference, I hold a long-term "D" visa. The passport reads but system tells me to walk to officer/line. First set of doors does not open. Will report back on if it works in Munich.
Tried in MUC with no success in August (after D visa expired and I was visiting as a tourist). Just tried once and quickly before the Non EU line got packed. As it regards to the regulations of D visa holders using EASYPASS, I was not one of them, as I had a Schengen D visa from a different country. When leaving via CPH (manual desk/Non EU) the officer said my chip was not working - does anyone know if this plays a role in the EASYPASS gates? Next time I am in Frankfurt I will try to sort it out.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 2:18 am

Tried in MUC with no success in August (after D visa expired and I was visiting as a tourist). Just tried once and quickly before the Non EU line got packed. As it regards to the regulations of D visa holders using EASYPASS, I was not one of them, as I had a Schengen D visa from a different country. When leaving via CPH (manual desk/Non EU) the officer said my chip was not working - does anyone know if this plays a role in the EASYPASS gates? Next time I am in Frankfurt I will try to sort it out.
Chip not working is a show stopper.

The photo they are matching in the gate comes from the chip.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by supine
Chip not working is a show stopper.

The photo they are matching in the gate comes from the chip.
Well, that explains it. My issue was the first set of gates - is that also where the chip is used? Appreciate the response!
Old Oct 1, 2023, 8:55 pm

Well, that explains it. My issue was the first set of gates - is that also where the chip is used? Appreciate the response!
It scans the data page and reads the chip at the same time.
priobagtag likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
FYI, I re-registered for EasyPassRTP yesterday per the latest EES updates and was told that registration is good for 1 year and you can re-register within 90 days of expiry. I wouldn't have bothered if I knew it was only good for a year.
This information does not appear to be correct, the EasyPass website says it's tied to the passport:

Die RTP-Teilnahme ist auf die Dauer der Gültigkeit des elektronischen Reisepasses beschränkt. Eine Neuregistrierung mit einem neuen Reisepass ist möglich.

(The RTP participation is limited to the duration of the validity of the electronic passport. Re-registration with a new passport is possible).

Last edited by radioactive; Oct 7, 2023 at 5:22 am
Old Oct 7, 2023, 3:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by radioactive
This information does not appear to be correct, the EasyPass website says it's tied to the passport:
Well, that’s what I was told as I finished my registration. Normal us passport.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 6:55 am

Programs: AA Advantage; Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Well, that’s what I was told as I finished my registration. Normal us passport.
The website is not really clear, however the current version of the application is pretty explicit. The document is located at https://www.easypass.de/EasyPass/EN/...cationFile&v=2

Look at the section entitled "Duration of Participation and Retention Periods"

It is very clear. After EES is in operation, EasyPASS RTP continues for a maximum of one year, subject to extentions.
GoSh4rks likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 3:43 am

Shrug. I went to the BuPo yesterday at Munich airport, and asked to re-register based on the easypass.de notice saying that it is required.

The nice team of police looked up my registration, and said it’s valid through the expiration of my passport. I asked if the rules were changing to 1 year, and the answer was a very clear no. I showed them (in German) the text saying re-registration was required, the guy looked up my passport, and said “no, you are valid though 2027, only non-residents are required to re-register”

This appear to be in conflict with the above mentioned PDF, which is in conflict with the text on the website, which is different than what the guys behind the counter said. In their defense, they said the rules are new (note: it’s October, and the rules went into effect in July, so … not really), so it’s unclear what will really happen next year when Entry-Exit kicks in. I guess I am going to end up getting into an argument with someone on a flight back to Europe with my US passport and resident permit.

For what it’s worth, I am a German resident, he did say that if I want to register for Entry Exit, this could not be done with the BuPo, but rather with the foreigners office at the competent authority (somewhat of an oxymoron, but it is what it is). For the city of Munich, it’s the KVR. I have less hopes of the Ausländerbehörde knowing anything about Easypass-RTP.
williamc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.