Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Total Rewards 2018 program changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Harry Lyme
When did you last check? There was much talk around the topic of incorrect statuses. They were slow updating, but all corrected in a day or two.

Maybe it will update, but still showing Platinum...copied below just now. The 25K was earned over a weekend in January. I was incorrect saying 30K-but still well over needed for Diamond. I think the issue is that it reset with what it would have been Dec 31, but hasn't adjusted for January earnings.

MY CURRENT TIER

PLATINUM
UNTIL January 31st, 2019
MY TIER SCORE
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:59 am

Yeah, that's weird but they did give a "by" date of the 5th. Definitely contact them after tomorrow, as your update is way overdue.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Harry Lyme
Yeah, that's weird but they did give a "by" date of the 5th. Definitely contact them after tomorrow, as your update is way overdue.

Updated to Diamond today.
Harry Lyme likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Updated to Diamond today.
Good! Late, but in time for your trip, so you don't have to fuss with that when you arrive.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:17 am

Get free slot play at Harrah’s Las Vegas now

Originally Posted by nrr
As a 7* if you confine your play to a few locales, say AC and LAS, you will have to generate enough play to have "up front" offers for free nights and/or other perks.
[Right now when I check my account on TR, I have offers for LAS, giving me free nights + food credit + free play, bookable until Feb.[b] 2019]
Working through a slot host can also help.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Just got back from the Rio. For Diamonds under 25K TC, they charge for admission to the Diamond lounge the first visit of the day but did not charge me if I went back again later. They were unsure if I'd be charged admission to other Diamond Lounges and sent me to the TR desk. TR desk said each lounge would charge me the 1K for admission. They also said they were not able to see what happened at other lounges so I guess that makes sense that I'd get a fresh charge.

I didn't really notice any improvement of the food offerings from last year when entry was free and it really didn't seem to improve the overcrowding (at least at Rio)
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Seabilly
Just got back from the Rio. For Diamonds under 25K TC, they charge for admission to the Diamond lounge the first visit of the day but did not charge me if I went back again later. They were unsure if I'd be charged admission to other Diamond Lounges and sent me to the TR desk. TR desk said each lounge would charge me the 1K for admission. They also said they were not able to see what happened at other lounges so I guess that makes sense that I'd get a fresh charge.

I didn't really notice any improvement of the food offerings from last year when entry was free and it really didn't seem to improve the overcrowding (at least at Rio)

Great. thanks for the update. I am glad to hear they only charge for the first visit of the day. Wish they would not charge if you changed to another lounge but I understand since they can't see the charge. At least on the weekends when they open early you can have a snack & a drink and then come back later for more drinks & food without being charged again.

Did you take a guest with you? & if so did they also charge the 1k for the guest?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by dustenm
Did you take a guest with you? & if so did they also charge the 1k for the guest?
Not on this trip, but in New Orleans last month, they charged me 2K (total) for my guest and myself so probably the same at all properties.

The only thing about the reentry is that I'd make sure to verify each time. The people checking us in seemed a bit confused at the question and one time they wrote my name down, so I always asked. It wasn't like I was going to eat again anyway, just stopped by to grab a beer before they closed on my way back to my room. (And the only reason I did that was because of the 1K charge)
Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:24 pm

Is there anyway to manufacture tier points to get lounge access? I got matched to Diamond and have 0 tier points.

I know you can transfer Wyndham points to TR, will the point transfer count?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Is there anyway to manufacture tier points to get lounge access? I got matched to Diamond and have 0 tier points.

Nope. No way to manufacture Tier points.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:14 pm

I didn't go look at Wyndham transfer options (it should be in the T/C) but imagine the transfers only go to RCs. If you have enough of those you can use them to get entry into the lounges. You can always get the TR credit card and earn RCs that way too.

I pretty much always stay at CET properties when in Vegas so earn a bunch that way as well. I don't think I'll ever go for 25K TCs, but 15K is pretty manageable with my visits and use RCs when I want to go to the lounge.

Really the only thing charging for access does for me is make me stay in the lounger longer when I visit instead of gambling.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Diamond lounge is really over-rated, generally speaking. Food is soft/mushy (great for old folks), comparable to cafeteria food.
Obviously there are exceptions but unless you are living next door to a respectable DL, it's not worth achieving the 25k tc just for unlimited access.
Seabilly likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:32 pm

So I wanted to check a few things under the Total Rewards program:
- It seems that we can transfer 1:1 Wyndham points to Total Rewards credit.
- Total reward credits can be redeemed at 1ct/pt against charges like food.

Q. Can total rewards credit be redeemed against room rate, fees and taxes? This would effectively give me the ability to redeem my Wyndham points at 1ct/pt at TR properties.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: DL PM
So I wanted to check a few things under the Total Rewards program:
- It seems that we can transfer 1:1 Wyndham points to Total Rewards credit.
- Total reward credits can be redeemed at 1ct/pt against charges like food.

Q. Can total rewards credit be redeemed against room rate, fees and taxes? This would effectively give me the ability to redeem my Wyndham points at 1ct/pt at TR properties.
Be careful with redeeming rewards credits directly at food outlets, as there are some locations that redeem at 0.5 cpp. I don't know of any in Vegas that do this, but it's best to double check before hand (there is an interactive list on the Total Rewards website.)

As for the room rate, you can definitely use rewards credits for them. I'm not 100% sure on the taxes and fees, but I would think so. Pretty sure you cannot use them for tips.

Of course, if you have enough Wyndham points, you can potentially get a better than 1 cpp by redeeming them directly for a room at Total Rewards properties. I'm planning to transfer my Total Rewards credits to Wyndham in order to snag a room at Nobu. The difficulty is there are a lot of dates unavailable for point redemption.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
The Diamond Club food in Atlantic City is much better than Vegas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.