Total Rewards 2018 program changes

Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:27 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Total Rewards 2018 program changes

Email received today from TR. Note in particular items I bolded (the 2018 page no longer mentions any RC conversion rate bonus for Diamond/7*).

Total Rewards Benefits for 2018

We want our valuable guests to be the first to hear about the 2018 Seven Stars® benefits!
Annual Retreat to any Total Rewards destination with airfare up to $1,200, round-trip transportation between the airport and hotel, as well as a $500 dining folio
$500 Celebration Dinner to enjoy at many of our acclaimed restaurants - may be used in $100 increments
No resort fees on any hotel stay
Complimentary valet and self-parking at most destinations, including Las Vegas & Atlantic City
Unlimited complimentary access to Diamond and Seven Stars Lounges
Turn Reward Credits® into free play at a rate of $1 for every 200 Reward Credits
Match your status with Wyndham Rewards to enjoy their Diamond perks
Complimentary Stay at Atlantis, Paradise Island in The Bahamas
Invitation to a Signature Event® in 2018. Seven Stars Signature Events will be held at the following destinations:
Atlantic City May 31st - June 3rd
Las Vegas August 23rd - 26th
Seven Stars who have reached 500,000+ Tier Score® will be offered two exclusive Elite Signature Event Destinations:
Lake Tahoe June 27th - July 1st
New Orleans September 26th - 30th
In 2018, Aspirations will no longer be available.

For a complete list of 2018 Total Rewards benefits, visit us online.

Last edited by Zorak; Dec 18, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:33 pm

Here is the Diamond email. No mention of Aspiratons in the email at all.

We want our valuable guests to be the first to hear about the 2018 Diamond Total Rewards benefits!1
  • No resort fees on any hotel stay
  • $100 Celebration Dinner to enjoy at one of our many acclaimed restaurants
  • Complimentary valet and self-parking at most destinations, including Las Vegas & Atlantic City
  • Access to Diamond Lounges2
  • Priority lines
  • Turn Reward Credits® into free play at a rate of $1 for every 200 Reward Credits3
  • Match your status with Wyndham Rewards to enjoy their Diamond perks
  • Complimentary Stay at Atlantis, Paradise Island in The Bahamas
For a complete list of 2018 Total Rewards benefits, visit us online.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:36 pm

Also interesting. The language for Seven Stars removes the guaranteed free room at any property with notice and is now just a guarantee of a room in Vegas or AC, but you pay market rate.

This seems like a pretty potent devaluation in the base benifits. My gut is that they are going the way of MGM where play will trump everything else.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 2:36 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
As a 7* if you confine your play to a few locales, say AC and LAS, you will have to generate enough play to have "up front" offers for free nights and/or other perks.
[Right now when I check my account on TR, I have offers for LAS, giving me free nights + food credit + free play, bookable until Feb. 2019]
Working through a slot host can also help.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I think the only benefits of Diamond are the resort fee waiver and the $100 celebration dinner.
Line-cutting perks in Vegas are nice, assuming you actually go there (vs your local CET property).
Diamond Lounges are now 1k RCs for <25k Diamonds (includes me), and they are generally poor when it comes to food options (with few noted exceptions).
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by izzik
I think the only benefits of Diamond are the resort fee waiver and the $100 celebration dinner.
Line-cutting perks in Vegas are nice, assuming you actually go there (vs your local CET property).
Diamond Lounges are now 1k RCs for <25k Diamonds (includes me), and they are generally poor when it comes to food options (with few noted exceptions).
Don't forget free parking, as well as parking when the valet is "full" (which seems to happen a lot in Vegas.) Also, two free show tickets per month in Vegas, as well as some other unwritten perks in other areas (I think they still have a free boat tour for Diamonds at Lake Tahoe.)

That being said, I'm not sure I'll bother renewing Diamond this year. Not that I'll miss the Diamond lounges much, and I'll carry a high enough RC balance to visit the lounges that are worth it (e.g. Horseshoe Hammond), but unless you visit often enough for these perks to add up, I don't see the draw any more. I also don't like how they sprung the Diamond lounge change on us with only a couple months' notice, and that they eliminated the Diamond Aspirations levels (I hit Level 1 the last couple years) I'm focusing my play more at Mlife for the time being.
Harry Lyme likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Don't forget free parking, as well as parking when the valet is "full" (which seems to happen a lot in Vegas.) Also, two free show tickets per month in Vegas, as well as some other unwritten perks in other areas (I think they still have a free boat tour for Diamonds at Lake Tahoe.)

That being said, I'm not sure I'll bother renewing Diamond this year. Not that I'll miss the Diamond lounges much, and I'll carry a high enough RC balance to visit the lounges that are worth it (e.g. Horseshoe Hammond), but unless you visit often enough for these perks to add up, I don't see the draw any more. I also don't like how they sprung the Diamond lounge change on us with only a couple months' notice, and that they eliminated the Diamond Aspirations levels (I hit Level 1 the last couple years) I'm focusing my play more at Mlife for the time being.
I think the 2 free show tickets are gone.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by izzik
I think the 2 free show tickets are gone.
They were still available in December, is this something that is changing in January?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
They were still available in December, is this something that is changing in January?
I'll be in Vegas next week for CES and will check.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:49 pm

I just got this email (sorry looks like the table formatting got lost).

Several months ago, we announced that complimentary Diamond Lounge access in 2018 would be exclusively for members who reached a 2017 or 2018 Tier Score® of 25,000.

Great news! We are extending your unlimited complimentary Diamond Lounge access through March 31, 2018. Plus, we want to make it possible for you to continue enjoying the benefit you love throughout the year.
EARN BY
TIER SCORE
TARGET

COMPLIMENTARY
ACCESS PERIOD

3/31/18
6,000 Tier Credits
through 6/30/18
6/30/18
12,000 Tier Credits
through 9/30/18
9/30/18
18,000 Tier Credits
through 12/31/18
12/31/18
25,0000 Tier Credits
ACCESS FOR 2019
Once you surpass each of these targets you will be able to enjoy complimentary access through the end of that access period1. Don’t forget! Daily Tier Credit bonuses can help you reach these targets quicker.

This offer does not apply to Atlantic City or Windsor Diamond Lounges. Members must have a 2017 or 2018 Tier Score of at least 25,000 to gain complimentary access at these locations.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:04 am

Don't forget to read the fine print on this offer:

Member must earn the Tier Score criteria by each target date indicated in order to qualify for the next target(s) and continue receiving complimentary access. Otherwise, they must earn a Tier Score of 25,000 to receive complimentary access. (For example: If a member does not reach a Tier Score of 6,000 by 3/31/18, then they will not receive complimentary access to the Diamond Lounge unless they reach a Tier Score of 25,000 - even if they reach 12,000 by 6/30/18 or 18,000 by 9/30/18.) Members who exceed the Tier Score target for more than one period will have access through the end of that corresponding period. (For example: If a member earns a Tier Score of 12,000 by 2/1/18, then they will receive complimentary access through 9/30/18.)
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott and MLife Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Diamond Benefits Still Available

We are currently in LAS, and I can confirm that the two free show tickets and complimentary lounge access (without having new minimum amount of tier credits) are still being given to existing diamonds.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by utgypsy
We are currently in LAS, and I can confirm that the two free show tickets and complimentary lounge access (without having new minimum amount of tier credits) are still being given to existing diamonds.
Thanks. Will be there tomorrow. Curious to see what they replaced the Circus show with (if anything).
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I have a lot of issues with 2018....same emails as above. I knew I would lose 7* status Feb 1. Didn't earn enough tier credits last year. However, on a January trip to Caesars LV, I earned 30K Tier credits over 3 days. Feb 1, I dropped to Platinum. Spoke to TR, my host etc. No one can figure it out or help-but all agree I should be Diamond. They told me to visit TR on my next trip-which is Thursday. I'll guess I have to do that, but right now my offers are wrong and I'll have to pay additional fees at CP if it's not fixed.

Might look at Mlife as I like Bellagio, MGM National Harbor and Borgata.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I have a lot of issues with 2018....same emails as above. I knew I would lose 7* status Feb 1. Didn't earn enough tier credits last year. However, on a January trip to Caesars LV, I earned 30K Tier credits over 3 days. Feb 1, I dropped to Platinum. Spoke to TR, my host etc. No one can figure it out or help-but all agree I should be Diamond. They told me to visit TR on my next trip-which is Thursday. I'll guess I have to do that, but right now my offers are wrong and I'll have to pay additional fees at CP if it's not fixed.

Might look at Mlife as I like Bellagio, MGM National Harbor and Borgata.
When did you last check? There was much talk around the topic of incorrect statuses. They were slow updating, but all corrected in a day or two.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.