Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

When does the new Frontier Miles program start for 2024?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2024, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

My Frontier profile still shows me as an ""Elite 50K" (valid through December 31, 2024).
When will I show as an Elite Platinum for 2024?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 6:02 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I checked New Years Day and I guess there's still no update as of the 2nd. I'm not surprised with F9 not having coded it in yet.
​​​​​​
Has anyone flown since the reset? I wonder if they've even coded the new mileage earnings properly.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:05 am

They seem to be having all sorts of IT problems lately... I was 50k, but only earned ~30k miles last year. It's not showing any status... just member. Hoping they get it fixed by the next time I need to book a ticket.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:07 pm

Reached out via the email contact form... they responded asking for confirmation of the contact info I already provided by the form (which they seem to always do...). But I did that and a couple days later my status is showing again.
We'll see if I can maintain my status going forward. I've been a loyal Frontier flyer but also chase low fares. 10k should be easy but unsure about 20k and whether maintaining 10k is attractive enough to keep me loyal. Forget 50k ever happening again.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 2:09 pm

I'm flying tonight and will check tomorrow how my elite miles are calculated. Still looks like the old system of 20k air miles needed to get 20k status but we'll see. I'm with the others if this becomes based purely off of spend my status is going to be nothing next year without a match.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by willy702
I'm flying tonight and will check tomorrow how my elite miles are calculated. Still looks like the old system of 20k air miles needed to get 20k status but we'll see. I'm with the others if this becomes based purely off of spend my status is going to be nothing next year without a match.
So I took a look and it's still showing elite qualification by miles. I did get extra miles on my flight last night which is nice even though I think I only paid $30 for the segment. So maybe elite qualification will still be pretty easy to achieve. We'll see.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 1:03 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by willy702
So I took a look and it's still showing elite qualification by miles. I did get extra miles on my flight last night which is nice even though I think I only paid $30 for the segment. So maybe elite qualification will still be pretty easy to achieve. We'll see.
Did you book the flight in 2023? I believe that end of the year promo applied the regular miles plus bonus miles for all flights booked during the promo period (which ended at end of 2023) and included flights flown in 2024 but booked during that period.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 8:55 am

Still no update in my profile. Really looking to gift that gold status to a family member who is flying a lot. Every day that ticks by without being to do so is a wasted day. I reached out and they said it can only be done once my account is converted, which at this time is "in process".
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:50 am
Original Poster

I made reservations last night for me and my wife and the updated Elite Platinum benefits were available for her (free carry on and checked bag, and free seat assignment (non stretch)).
I looked at another existing booking (purchased December 2023) going out later this month (just for me) and I got free stretch seating and a free checked bag.
Today, I got on the website and I'm an "Elite Platinum" now. So Frontier followed through on the Elite 50K upgrades!

Last edited by AtlCoug; Jan 9, 2024 at 1:26 pm
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Per a supervisor on chat:

​​​​​We will be sending an email on January 29, 2024 opening enrollment through February 29th. Members will receive instructions in the email. Gifted Elite Status members will receive status through the end of 2024

//seems they advertised these features, then started working on the back end coding after 2024 started. Also sounds like if we don't decide and gift the benefit before March, that we wiill lose the ability to gift.
​​​​​​

​​​​​​
trmbn65 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 8:46 pm

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus Silver, Frontier Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zeus2120
Still no update in my profile. Really looking to gift that gold status to a family member who is flying a lot. Every day that ticks by without being to do so is a wasted day. I reached out and they said it can only be done once my account is converted, which at this time is "in process".
Agreed. Want to gift gold status to my brother who is spending much of the winter and spring down in Florida.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by trmbn65
Agreed. Want to gift gold status to my brother who is spending much of the winter and spring down in Florida.
I reached out to Frontier. They said we will get emails on January 29 about the gifting gold.

Edit: late to the party -- someone else said it before me. Whoops!
expert7700 and trmbn65 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 1:57 pm

January 29 here we are and still no email! One month of the gold gift perk gone.

Edit: Just talked to someone at Frontier via FB chat. I was informed that emails will "start" going out today, with all customers eligible receiving the emails by February 29. That's a whole month window they're now giving themselves.

Last edited by zeus2120; Jan 29, 2024 at 2:12 pm
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Today a whatsapp elite agent and supervisor told me that the emails DID go out on Jan 29th. They implied it was my fault and it probably went into junk mail or spam.

Then they doubled down on the deadline: find the email and select a gold recipient by late Feb. Otherwise we miss out.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
Today a whatsapp elite agent and supervisor told me that the emails DID go out on Jan 29th. They implied it was my fault and it probably went into junk mail or spam.

Then they doubled down on the deadline: find the email and select a gold recipient by late Feb. Otherwise we miss out.
I've been reaching out on Facebook Messenger daily. I was told that emails have not yet gone out but they were supposed to by end of January. Well that's passed and still no email!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.