Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchase ticket at airport counter

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2024, 8:23 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jjbiv
I would get the names of the agents you dealt with and file a complaint with Frontier and DoT. There is no Frontier policy to require all passengers be present when purchasing tickets at the airport. Someone is making up their own policies as they go and this is the best remedy available.
Yes, that is what I would plan to do. when I bought my ticket at ORD and Lady was taking forever, I was getting ready to take names and file DOT report with actual badge names, time and date.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 10:03 am

This is the list of the companies that Frontier uses for their ground services at each airport. These are the companies making arbitrary rules and that complaints need to be targeted at.
https://www.flyfrontier.com/careers/airport-operations/
jjbiv likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:50 pm

I had a recent incident where a "supervisor"
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
You guys all recite the usual. But on this LGA occasion, the "supervisor" seemed totally disinterested in any sale taking place, "unless all passengers are present". I said disabled people, why would you expect them to take a trip here? But she was unmoved. Despite totally empty aisle, not one customer around. "Policy"? This particular desk had been hit'n'miss in recent months

I've never had anything like that happen at any other desk or airline - no matter how much an employee wanted to avoid providing actual service prior to going home
I had a recent incident where a "supervisor" claimed the same thing and wouldn't sell me tickets claiming it was a new policy. I went back a couple days later and got my tickets with no problem by myself. Didn't need to show the other person's ID or anything as usual. So obviously it was a lie, and it was just a bitter person who was gatekeeping.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 2:16 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravCaliGuy
I had a recent incident where a "supervisor" claimed the same thing and wouldn't sell me tickets claiming it was a new policy. I went back a couple days later and got my tickets with no problem by myself. Didn't need to show the other person's ID or anything as usual. So obviously it was a lie, and it was just a bitter person who was gatekeeping.
Did you ever file the DOT report like suggested in your other thread? This isn't going to be fixed by posting about it here, need to file the actual complaints there.
lowfareair likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 6:51 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
LGA?

Did things normalize at LGA? I really want to go there right now to buy tickets but it seems like such a gamble based on the above.

Also, those of you who successfully purchased tickets, were you able to do so as long as the ticket counters were open? Or is there a policy at LGA that they need to be purchased at a particular day/time, etc.?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Yarhead
Did things normalize at LGA? I really want to go there right now to buy tickets but it seems like such a gamble based on the above.

Also, those of you who successfully purchased tickets, were you able to do so as long as the ticket counters were open? Or is there a policy at LGA that they need to be purchased at a particular day/time, etc.?
Before you go:
1. Check LGA departures for Frontier. There are just a few daily
2. Calculate your arrival to Terminal A counter between 1-2 hours prior said departures
3. If you can, bring (at least copies) ID of anyone you're buying for - just in case they demand it

Kindly revert with your experience today/tomorrow. I'm about to go there myself Wednesday
Old Apr 14, 2024, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Yarhead

hard denial at LGA! Counter “supervisor”, citing “Frontier policy”, refuses to sell without all flyers being present. When I pointed to my IPad and said “why is nothing required to make purchase on this keyboard”, but you cite ID and/or presence requirement to make purchase on your keyboard - just a foot away - she just kept repeating “So do it on your IPad”

p.s. Frontier will 100% lose my patronage. Any other airline refuses to sell tickets?

Last edited by SinglePapa2; Apr 14, 2024 at 2:53 pm
Old Apr 14, 2024, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
hard denial at LGA! Counter “supervisor”, citing “Frontier policy”, refuses to sell without all flyers being present. When I pointed to my IPad and said “why is nothing required to make purchase on this keyboard”, but you cite ID and/or presence requirement to make purchase on your keyboard - just a foot away - she just kept repeating “So do it on your IPad”

p.s. Frontier will 100% lose my patronage. Any other airline refuses to sell tickets?
That's silliness on the part of the ground handler. I would ask to see the policy next time and definitely complain. The obvious answer to the question of why not buy tickets on your iPad is that Frontier charges you extra to do so!
Old Apr 21, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Here's a weird one. I tried booking 4 tickets at LAS for a trip in June and the agent told me that the flight is sold out for 4. I was confused as it looked wide open on EF, but when I tried pricing it out on Google Flights the price was $35 for 1 person but went up to $228 for 4. The reason for this is likely that the availability was something like So it seems as if Frontier agents are not trained and/or can't book tickets on flights with, for example, Z1 and K7. I also couldn't split us up since it would mean the other people not on my reservation wouldn't get platinum perks.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by vegasbased
Here's a weird one. I tried booking 4 tickets at LAS for a trip in June and the agent told me that the flight is sold out for 4. I was confused as it looked wide open on EF, but when I tried pricing it out on Google Flights the price was $35 for 1 person but went up to $228 for 4. The reason for this is likely that the availability was something like So it seems as if Frontier agents are not trained and/or can't book tickets on flights with, for example, Z1 and K7. I also couldn't split us up since it would mean the other people not on my reservation wouldn't get platinum perks.
Booking four tickets will force all four in to the higher fare bucket but there shouldn't be a problem booking this at the airport as long as there are at least four seats available
Old Apr 21, 2024, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Originally Posted by jjbiv
Booking four tickets will force all four in to the higher fare bucket but there shouldn't be a problem booking this at the airport as long as there are at least four seats available
Yep, I totally understand that part. That’s unfortunately how it works, but I was just surprised he flat out couldn’t book it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.