FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program-668/)
-   -   Purchase ticket at airport counter (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program/2135792-purchase-ticket-airport-counter.html)

Cbrosius Sep 19, 2023 8:32 pm

Purchase ticket at airport counter

I just came off a flight and was walking past the Frontier counter in MCO, and the was half a dozen agents doing nothing. I had an itinerary I was checking out on the APP, so I asked if I could purchase it at the counter thinking I would get it cheaper, it was already about 45 dollars on the APP. The agent was very polite, and he came up with almost the same price that I could buy it for.

renatose Sep 19, 2023 9:44 pm

What makes the fare cheaper when buying at the counter is because you don't pay the CIC. Sometimes the carrier interface charge you pay online is about $4, that's what must have happened.

Cbrosius Sep 20, 2023 2:45 am

Found it even cheaper

When I got home, I started looking again and found it for 38 dollars by going a few days later. It is amazing. 20 years ago I was lucky to fly this route for 130 to 220 dollars on Continental, though all bags went free and meals were free.

Rob562 Sep 21, 2023 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by renatose (Post 35596148)
What makes the fare cheaper when buying at the counter is because you don't pay the CIC. Sometimes the carrier interface charge you pay online is about $4, that's what must have happened.

Yeah, there have been a few times recently on both Frontier and Spirit where that added fee had dropped so low that it wasn't worth the trouble of stopping by the airport to avoid it, even though I was buying for 3 people.

Got $19 one-way BOS-MCO on Frontier online. The CIC was only $4 of that.

-Rob

jjbiv Sep 27, 2023 11:49 am

I made an in-person purchase at the Atlanta airport recently and everything was per usual with no CIC or additional fees charged. There was a long line in the mid-morning when I was there. After waiting in the pre-line staging area by the baggage claim and then in the bag check line a friendly agent happily sold me a ticket while she trained a new agent on the process. It took about an hour or so from start to finish but I was at the airport anyway so I didn't mind. I would recommend going earlier in the morning or later in the evening. Mid-day seems to be a busy push for Frontier in Atlanta.

iahphx Oct 3, 2023 1:22 pm

Two airport ticketing questions:

1) Can you buy a Discount Den ticket at an airport ticket counter?

2) Can you use a Frontier voucher as partial payment at a ticket counter?

renatose Oct 3, 2023 2:00 pm

No, you can't buy a discount den fare at the counter, however you can use a frontier voucher without problems.

iahphx Oct 3, 2023 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by renatose (Post 35633726)
No, you can't buy a discount den fare at the counter, however you can use a frontier voucher without problems.

That's what I thought. Also, when I look at old posts, if you're a 100K, they won't just give you "the bundle" at the counter.

I've got a long layover next week, so I'm not adverse to going to the Frontier counter to play games with them. But the CIC is $21, and the Discount Den savings is $15. If I have the hassle of giving up the bundle (like refundability) there's no way this is worth it, even with a travelling companion.

renatose Oct 3, 2023 4:21 pm

There is a bug to get the works to any flight after purchase, however I cant disclose it.

If you are 100k you can request via chat

jjbiv Oct 28, 2023 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by jjbiv (Post 35617365)
I made an in-person purchase at the Atlanta airport recently and everything was per usual with no CIC or additional fees charged. There was a long line in the mid-morning when I was there. After waiting in the pre-line staging area by the baggage claim and then in the bag check line a friendly agent happily sold me a ticket while she trained a new agent on the process. It took about an hour or so from start to finish but I was at the airport anyway so I didn't mind. I would recommend going earlier in the morning or later in the evening. Mid-day seems to be a busy push for Frontier in Atlanta.

Booking pretty close in, I thought I was safe but today I got a schedule change for my return flight on 11/15. It seems like they are cutting capacity before the Thanksgiving travel rush and there is not a morning DTW-MCO flight. So we will cut our trip a day short to come home without a crazy long overnight layover.

SinglePapa2 Nov 25, 2023 8:29 pm

That's a first: at LGA on 11/24, she suddenly makes a call - cuz "policy might have changed". Hangs up, and tells me there would be $25 fee per reservation (doesn't matter how many seats I'm buying on one reservation), she wasn't even sure WHERE/WHEN she'd stick it in her process.

Anyone heard anything of sort?? I ended up not buying. Spirit (next to Frontier) had no problem selling me

rhwbullhead Nov 26, 2023 1:56 am

Post #79 of this thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fron...rge-cic-2.html

I would have paid and filed DOT complaint. As I stated for my fares, paying the $25 still would have been cheaper than paying the $23 each segment CIC fee and DOT supposedly will get my $ back because they are violating rules of the CIC being a fee.

It would be great if enough people did this so they wouldn't make up this policy. Whoever they are calling is apparently mistaking their $25 fee for assistance on an already booked ticket (for checking in or reprinting boarding passes as outlined when checking it or booking online), or just using that as an excuse to charge $25 but DOT supposedly will set then straight.

I haven't had to do it yet. Im going to book another ticket on my trip in two weeks so I'll test it at another airport.

For those not familiar with DOT complaints, apparently the airline has to respond when the DOT contacts them.
​​

maskedmesothorium Nov 27, 2023 12:40 pm

What a pain. Bought two tickets at the DEN counter a few days ago without incident and at the expected price.

willy702 Nov 29, 2023 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 (Post 35772289)
That's a first: at LGA on 11/24, she suddenly makes a call - cuz "policy might have changed". Hangs up, and tells me there would be $25 fee per reservation (doesn't matter how many seats I'm buying on one reservation), she wasn't even sure WHERE/WHEN she'd stick it in her process.

Anyone heard anything of sort?? I ended up not buying. Spirit (next to Frontier) had no problem selling me

Totally illegal for them to do it but they don't believe it will ever get them consequences. Would absolutely love for DOT to do a quick undercover investigation but I don't think they have any real incentive to do this. Until they get some real fines for this nonsense they won't stop. Still I file complaints just so the DOT and the airline know people are paying attention in the hopes it eventually accumulates and something is done.

rhwbullhead Nov 29, 2023 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by willy702 (Post 35781891)
Totally illegal for them to do it but they don't believe it will ever get them consequences. Would absolutely love for DOT to do a quick undercover investigation but I don't think they have any real incentive to do this. Until they get some real fines for this nonsense they won't stop. Still I file complaints just so the DOT and the airline know people are paying attention in the hopes it eventually accumulates and something is done.

I don't think it's Frontier corporate pushing this policy. As I mentioned above, I think it's the local contractor for Frontier misapplying the $25 check-in fee. They are either doing it deliberately because they don't want to take the time and effort to sell the tickets or they are doing it out of ignorance for what the $25 is supposed to cover.