FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program-668/)
-   -   Purchase ticket at airport counter (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frontier-airlines-frontier-miles-program/2135792-purchase-ticket-airport-counter.html)

willy702 Nov 29, 2023 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead (Post 35782082)
I don't think it's Frontier corporate pushing this policy. As I mentioned above, I think it's the local contractor for Frontier misapplying the $25 check-in fee. They are either doing it deliberately because they don't want to take the time and effort to sell the tickets or they are doing it out of ignorance for what the $25 is supposed to cover.

Of course it's not Frontier corporate but what difference does it make? They are responsible for the actions of the people they put in that spot. If they try to claim it's not their policy that is just an absurd lack of responsibility on their part.

rhwbullhead Nov 29, 2023 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by willy702 (Post 35782205)
Of course it's not Frontier corporate but what difference does it make? They are responsible for the actions of the people they put in that spot. If they try to claim it's not their policy that is just an absurd lack of responsibility on their part.

My only thinking on this is if it's the policy of these lazy rogue stations, it's more likely to get corrected by reporting them to DOT and Frontier than if it were a general unwritten F9 policy to make it difficult for people to buy the tickets.

sunrise089 Nov 30, 2023 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by willy702 (Post 35781891)
Totally illegal for them to do it but they don't believe it will ever get them consequences. Would absolutely love for DOT to do a quick undercover investigation but I don't think they have any real incentive to do this. Until they get some real fines for this nonsense they won't stop. Still I file complaints just so the DOT and the airline know people are paying attention in the hopes it eventually accumulates and something is done.

I am very pro-market, but this whole situation is ridiculous. DOT has almost 60k employees. There are fewer than 10 major airlines. 'Operation Fee Buster' where DOT staff try to buy tickets and then fine the sh*t out of Frontier would be politically popular. That this whole problem can't be fixed in a week is pretty depressing.

SinglePapa2 Jan 8, 2024 3:55 pm

no questions back at LGA, but saved only $23 on a flight with one stop-over. Similar experience at the nearby Spirit seemed to have saved double that. Any idea?

rhwbullhead Jan 8, 2024 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 (Post 35890024)
no questions back at LGA, but saved only $23 on a flight with one stop-over. Similar experience at the nearby Spirit seemed to have saved double that. Any idea?

The carrier interface fee is what comes off. Some of the cheaper flights have low CIC fees. I've seen fights where Discount Den was some pride as buying at airport and have seen where I'd save a few dollars (as in a few single dollars booking at airport vs discount den).

When you want to price things out, do a sample booking at regular price and then go into the details of the flight and see what the carrier interface fee is to figure out what discount you'll get booking at the airport.

SinglePapa2 Jan 8, 2024 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead (Post 35890058)
The carrier interface fee is what comes off. Some of the cheaper flights have low CIC fees. I've seen fights where Discount Den was some pride as buying at airport and have seen where I'd save a few dollars (as in a few single dollars booking at airport vs discount den).

When you want to price things out, do a sample booking at regular price and then go into the details of the flight and see what the carrier interface fee is to figure out what discount you'll get booking at the airport.

My question was: is it possible that CIC comes off twice when not on direct flight, but the flight with a stop-over. That seemed to have happened with my Spirit purchase

rhwbullhead Jan 9, 2024 2:53 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 (Post 35890123)
My question was: is it possible that CIC comes off twice when not on direct flight, but the flight with a stop-over. That seemed to have happened with my Spirit purchase

The CIC is more for a flight with two or three segments vs 1 segment. Play around with bookings and you can see the different prices.

aerosly Jan 9, 2024 11:22 am

Originally Posted by renatose (Post 35596148)
What makes the fare cheaper when buying at the counter is because you don't pay the CIC. Sometimes the carrier interface charge you pay online is about $4, that's what must have happened.

With a CIC that low, it's not worth it to wait in the line at MCO. Also, it really only works if you're already going to/from another flight or happen to be at the airport for something anyway; the cost to park in the MCO parking garage for as long as it takes to take the elevator, go through the tunnel to the terminal, go up to the third floor, wait in an atrocious line, do your business, then get back to your car will likely exceed any savings from not paying the CIC.

SinglePapa2 Jan 19, 2024 12:42 pm

New? how many different airports now insist on all IDs - or even all persons to be present - just to buy person a ticket...Any good argument against that? Even disabled must take a hike to the airport just to purchase future ticket? No such idiocy from other carriers

maskedmesothorium Jan 19, 2024 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 (Post 35924153)
New? how many different airports now insist on all IDs - or even all persons to be present - just to buy person a ticket...Any good argument against that? Even disabled must take a hike to the airport just to purchase future ticket? No such idiocy from other carriers

Suspect it's just the latest example of an agent implementing their own arbitrary rules to get out of actually issuing a ticket. I doubt it's Frontier's policy, I've never needed the ID for another person traveling on my itinerary.

SinglePapa2 Jan 19, 2024 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium (Post 35924800)
Suspect it's just the latest example of an agent implementing their own arbitrary rules to get out of actually issuing a ticket. I doubt it's Frontier's policy, I've never needed the ID for another person traveling on my itinerary.

but then: what's the incentive for "supervisor" to get out of actually issuing a ticket? (there were zero people in line)

jjbiv Jan 20, 2024 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 (Post 35924153)

They just want to be sure the name and DOB match the passenger's ID so you will be able to check in and get through TSA. Write the other passengers' information down for the agent and they should be fine with it. Or to be extra prepared, bring a photo of the other passengers' identification.

rhwbullhead Jan 21, 2024 2:14 pm

I don't know what actually happened in your situation. From my experiences, they always asked for my ID (ID of person booking and paying), and the names and birthdays of the other passengers. Also they ask for email and/or phone number to send receipt.

SinglePapa2 Jan 21, 2024 4:28 pm

You guys all recite the usual. But on this LGA occasion, the "supervisor" seemed totally disinterested in any sale taking place, "unless all passengers are present". I said disabled people, why would you expect them to take a trip here? But she was unmoved. Despite totally empty aisle, not one customer around. "Policy"? This particular desk had been hit'n'miss in recent months

I've never had anything like that happen at any other desk or airline - no matter how much an employee wanted to avoid providing actual service prior to going home

jjbiv Jan 21, 2024 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 (Post 35929926)
You guys all recite the usual. But on this LGA occasion, the "supervisor" seemed totally disinterested in any sale taking place, "unless all passengers are present". I said disabled people, why would you expect them to take a trip here? But she was unmoved. Despite totally empty aisle, not one customer around. "Policy"? This particular desk had been hit'n'miss in recent months

I've never had anything like that happen at any other desk or airline - no matter how much an employee wanted to avoid providing actual service prior to going home

I would get the names of the agents you dealt with and file a complaint with Frontier and DoT. There is no Frontier policy to require all passengers be present when purchasing tickets at the airport. Someone is making up their own policies as they go and this is the best remedy available.