Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Frontier Launches Service from TTN to 3 New Airports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier Launches Service from TTN to 3 New Airports

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by danspartan
Many thanks for the detailed info.

I'm now Gold (as of 3/1) on Delta-what does that correlate to in Frontier speak?

Don't know the wedding schedule yet. Assuming Fri/Sat/Sun events had been planning on flying Thu and Monday.

Highly likely we will wimp out and pay Delta or similar to maintain maximum likelihood of minimum hassle. I guess more likely to try Frontier by myself or book one of my kids on it when they come out here to visit.
You would still be able to get Summit with Delta Gold. It is a status match challenge so you'd get it for two months and then you'd have to fly 2 round-trips to get Ascent status for the rest of the year and 3 roundtrips to get Summit status for the rest of the year.

Here's the URL for more details: http://www.flyfrontier.com/frequent-flyers/status-match

Here's a more complete listing of what the tiers qualify for. Example not mentioned on the status match page, Ascent members get stretch seating if available at check-in.

http://www.flyfrontier.com/frequent-...ks/tier-levels

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
I am a bit frustrated by TTNs lack of a decent website (though I do acknoledge that they do have their hands full) and will be launching an unoffical but realitively basic website (but 100X better then the county website) with detailed information regarding the airport and its facilities.
Only going to mention this once as not to get accused of SPAM but the website is up and running at: www.trentonmercerairport.info

Lets not mention the website URL too frequently, we can talk about the site but don't mention the URL because I don't want to get on the wrong side of the mods. In the alternative you can always email me via the site or PM thru here on Flyertalk.

Last edited by Jerseyguy; Mar 3, 2014 at 8:25 pm
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Glad to see F9 expanding at TTN. Hope to see them add DFW from there to make up for the loss of competition on the PHL-DFW route. TTN is closer than PHL for my folks, so this could be just perfect.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Glad to see F9 expanding at TTN. Hope to see them add DFW from there to make up for the loss of competition on the PHL-DFW route. TTN is closer than PHL for my folks, so this could be just perfect.
I think the runway is too short for a TTN-DFW departure.

As far as DFW-PHL, Spirit flies this route. If booking in advance, check to see the timing of that flight, and then the equivalent flight time on usairways.com. You'll see that the flight on US is likely discounted compared to the rest.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rtalk25
I think the runway is too short for a TTN-DFW departure.

As far as DFW-PHL, Spirit flies this route. If booking in advance, check to see the timing of that flight, and then the equivalent flight time on usairways.com. You'll see that the flight on US is likely discounted compared to the rest.
Yes, I know about Spirit, but I want more than that. Plus they have only one flight a day. US used to match NK, but lately not quite seeing. Regardless even the price is the same, I still try to fly NK just to give them business and keep them on the route.

Would ILG be possible?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 9:53 am

Yes, I know about Spirit, but I want more than that. Plus they have only one flight a day. US used to match NK, but lately not quite seeing. Regardless even the price is the same, I still try to fly NK just to give them business and keep them on the route.

Would ILG be possible?
ILG's runway is long enough, so it could support it.

However, F9 didn't perform well on ILG-IAH.

I think one issue is that while nonstop fares are mostly high out of PHL, there are decent one-stop itineries from Southwest. Atleast now it's so for PHL-STL-DAL. Although WN's one-stops to Houston are lower in fare than nonstops certainly but still not that great of price.

I'd be interested to see ILG's role if just stays flat, or if F9 does grow it more. I'd think maybe increasing ILG-DEN to 1x daily or so, and adding some red-eye transcons (2-3x weekly) on LAX-ILG and SFO-ILG, and day returns, with DEN connection frequencies that complement it, would be popular.

Unfortunately Texas is a different direction, so if someone flies out on an ILG-DFW, but the return day isn't ideal, returning on DFW-DEN-ILG isn't ideal. But, if F9 grows ILG more, eventually DFW can't be overlooked.

I think savvy customers could even fly one way out of ILG and return via PHL/BWI and take train or bus up to Wilmington, DE, and then cab to the ILG parking lot. Some do that for TTN flying in/out of TTN and return via PHL/EWR to train to Trenton Transit Ctr. and then cab to the TTN parking lot.

Last edited by rtalk25; Mar 9, 2014 at 10:04 am
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
When it will consider ILG-UST/DEN/PHX? When they will be announced?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: Frontier Airlines Early Returns, US Airways Dividend Miles
I hope Frontier adds more from ILG, like MYR, LAS, FLL, UST. DFW scares me a little after the IAH debacle. I've flown From ILG to MDW and it was a great experience. This April we are flying ILG-RSW, then flying back RSW-TTN, so I'm excited to compare the two.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ILG's runway is long enough, so it could support it.

However, F9 didn't perform well on ILG-IAH.
I hope F9 decides on either TTN or ILG. Doubt both would work. Do they do enough advertising in that area? My folks never knew about such an airline option.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by delawareguy
I hope Frontier adds more from ILG, like MYR, LAS, FLL, UST. DFW scares me a little after the IAH debacle. I've flown From ILG to MDW and it was a great experience. This April we are flying ILG-RSW, then flying back RSW-TTN, so I'm excited to compare the two.
Unfortunately you won't experience much of TTN as they have a different experience for arriving passengers then departing. Because of space issues, arriving pax go to the baggage claim area which is a modular building on one side of the terminal. You then you walk outside and to the parking lot. If you want to experience TTN, you will have to go back inside the terminal and where you can go upstairs to the observation lounge and restaurant area (provided you don't come in too late at night, though I don't think they have a late RSW flight) You be able to go downstairs to the departure area and you can look at the gate area from either through security or I'm pretty sure there are windows into the gate area going back behind the stairs/escalator.

You can find pictures here
http://www.trentonmercerairport.info/photos
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: Frontier Airlines Early Returns, US Airways Dividend Miles
Thanks jerseyguy, Ill probably walk back in to the terminal at TTN after arriving, from the pictures, TTN seems bigger than ILG, I wonder if the DRBA is planning some renovations or maybe they are waiting to see if Frontier is committed to ILG. They have been burned too many times. I was one of the very few who took skybus in their one month stint at ILG and have been a supporter ever since. ILG hasen't seem to have gotten as great a commitment from Frontier(slower growth, no extended lease), granted ILG uses a320s, which Frontier has less of.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Assuming no space issues at TTN, which would be a better chance at succeeding - TTN or ILG? If F9 commits to ILG, I think the State of DE might help with improving the airport?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 9:02 pm

Assuming no space issues at TTN, which would be a better chance at succeeding - TTN or ILG? If F9 commits to ILG, I think the State of DE might help with improving the airport?
Well, I could be wrong I haven't done extensive research about population but I think there are more people in the TTN area then ILG. There are an easy 1 million people within 20 minutes of the airport (Mercer and Bucks County PA). I've also believe that I read somewhere that for 2.5 million people TTN is closer than any other airport. Not that they might not expand ILG but I think they think TTN is the airport more likely to succeed as they average 10-11 flights a day as of June.

Originally Posted by delawareguy
Thanks jerseyguy, Ill probably walk back in to the terminal at TTN after arriving, from the pictures, TTN seems bigger than ILG
Hmm..its hard to say, I don't think TTN is bigger, they are either the same size or ILG is slightly bigger, I thought the gate area was bigger at ILG, but the resturant is smaller and there is no observation area.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:06 am

I hope F9 decides on either TTN or ILG. Doubt both would work. Do they do enough advertising in that area? My folks never knew about such an airline option.
Given the recent rapid expansion at TTN, I think that decision has already been made. This June, there will be 73 weekly flights at TTN, vs. 18 at ILG (granted, at ILG they are A320s, but 18 A320s = 22 A319s in terms of seating).

I think there is room for expansion at ILG as well as their load factor is very good, but as I understand it, F9 is a little short on planes right now, so as planes come into service (at least 319s), they are devoting them to TTN.

One other thing to consider to expand capacity at both airports is to go to bigger planes - the A320 at TTN and the A321 at ILG. As I have mentioned before, Gibraltar also has a 6000' runway like TTN, and A320s are flown non-stop from there to as far as Manchester, UK, which is over 1000 nm away. So there is precedent for using them on a TTN length runway (as F9 has done on a couple of occasions). As for the A321, does F9 even have any?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:41 am

Every time that I've compared TTN-MDW to ILG-MDW, ILG-MDW has lower fares. Atleast on the MDW route, TTN-MDW's lower fare buckets go out faster also, so I'd think TTN-MDW is more profitable for F9. It's only 30 miles longer in distance so I think the cost differential is minimal.

I think F9 is still in an experimental phase with TTN and ILG, but long term, I think TTN will be more essential.

But, I could see F9 keeping it's presence at ILG with ILG having Florida, and continuation of DEN service, and seasonal MDW and ATL certainly. Or else, Allegiant will come in since F9 did the work of establishing the place, and it'd pick up the Florida service.

I think the niche could be the longer runway that TTN lacks, and ability to offer more west bound services (nonstops to PHX, LAS, LAX, SFO maybe all 2x weekly) although that is ambitious and maybe I'm dreaming. A light schedule to the markets, with daily connects via DEN also, assuming DEN goes daily.

Texas remains a missing link though. Atleast now, F9 might not be able to operate TTN-DFW or TTN-IAH. I'm not sure F9 will want to dedicate aircraft on ILG-DFW, right now, but it could work in the end.

Perhaps it can offer an AM departure like 7am Mon-Fri out of ILG, arriving at about 9:30am CST.

NK's flight is late evening, so there is no low fare nonstop flight to DFW from PHL area in the morning. The closest is WN's PHL-STL-DAL leaving at 8:10am arriving at 11:55am CST. It could be popular with small business travelers who don't fly on someone else's dime and VFR.

Last edited by rtalk25; Mar 10, 2014 at 11:53 am
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:43 pm

I think F9 is still in an experimental phase with TTN and ILG, but long term, I think TTN will be more essential.

But, I could see F9 keeping it's presence at ILG with ILG having Florida, and continuation of DEN service, and seasonal MDW and ATL certainly.

I think the niche could be the longer runway that TTN lacks, and ability to offer more west bound services (nonstops to PHX, LAS, LAX, SFO maybe all 2x weekly) although that is ambitious and maybe I'm dreaming. A light schedule to the markets, with daily connects via DEN also, assuming DEN goes daily.
TTN currently has an obstruction study going on in order to go to atleast DEN, by the reducing the obstructions, more fuel can be loaded because in case of one engine failure, there will be fewer obstructions to clear and it can be heavier (more fuel). Don't know if they will be able to do LAS or SFO, they should be able to do DFW, AUS, IAH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.