Community
Wiki Posts
Search

And then there were seven...

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 12:19 pm

I talked to one of my friends who is a travel agent and it appears that FL will continue flying MKE-CUN/CZM/ZIH/PVR/PUJ/MBJ this coming winter. There was some speculation that these flights might switch over to F9.
Old May 4, 2012, 12:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
US has increased frequency to PHL. DL has increased frequency to LGA and JFK.

Other airlines seem to be hopping in ... but MKE will never be a hub again.

I wonder what's going to happen to F9's concourse? I think a gate shuffle at MKE would be a good thing. UA's gates are still split into two concourses (former CO and UA) which is frustrating. On two occasions I was flying former CO and was rebooked due to IRROPS on a UA flight and I had to leave and reclear security.
Old May 4, 2012, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
US has increased frequency to PHL. DL has increased frequency to LGA and JFK.

I wonder what's going to happen to F9's concourse? I think a gate shuffle at MKE would be a good thing. UA's gates are still split into two concourses (former CO and UA) which is frustrating. On two occasions I was flying former CO and was rebooked due to IRROPS on a UA flight and I had to leave and reclear security.
I would not be surprised if DL moves to D. It would give them a bigger club as well as more gate space. I'm also thinking that once AirTran is completely folded into WN that they'll spread out in D. UA would combine in C and AA would move to the otherside of C, with E being shuttered.

I would love it if Sprit and JetBlue showed up, and more mainline from UA. Unlikely, but a boy can dream right?
Old May 4, 2012, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by WIRunner
I would love it if Sprit and JetBlue showed up, and more mainline from UA. Unlikely, but a boy can dream right?
Dream it is. Something we all dream about.
Old May 4, 2012, 6:00 pm

I would not be surprised if DL moves to D. It would give them a bigger club as well as more gate space. I'm also thinking that once AirTran is completely folded into WN that they'll spread out in D. UA would combine in C and AA would move to the otherside of C, with E being shuttered.
Someone on A.net mentioned that WN/FL will be the only ones in concourse C, with UA, AA, and US moving to D. This actually does sound like the best way to go. It would certainly give WN the freedom to greatly expand in the future if they choose to do so and the same could be said about DL in E. When CO moves out that'll give them the whole rotunda and there's still those two unused gates that FL left behind. Also, keep in mind that before UA moved to C they used to occupy gates D27-29 on the concourse D stem.

I don't get why all this talk about tearing down one of the concourses keeps proppin up. Sure, E is kind of old and things might look somewhat bleak with F9 leaving town, but there's no reason to get that hasty. If anything, E should be refurbished because its been missing out on the upgrades that the rest of the airport has been getting. Having a bunch of empty gates isn't necessarily a bad thing because at least it gives other airlines the opportunity to set up shop (I'm praying for B6) or increase service. I know its not likely to happen anytime soon, but if financial conditions improve its probably not impossible to think that F9 might restore a few P2P routes here.
Old May 4, 2012, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
No need to tear down E, just wall it off. It may need to be used at some point in the future, but if the demand isn't there at this point I can't see why it should be kept around. There's plenty of gates in D now, and have been for a while. DL would do just fine there, and they'd be able to open a nice lounge with plenty of room.

Another dream would be that UA turn it into an RCC, but that just means that I'm delusional.
Old May 6, 2012, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jumpgate

It looks like Delta is moving up the start date of their MKE-LGA route. Beginning in June, Delta will have two flights each week day. Starting in July, the route will be operated 4x daily with a mix of aircraft.

In October, AirTran/Southwest plan to increase MKE/BOS to 5x daily. I'm a bit surprised to see the increase so late in the year but we'll see how things go.

Every little bit will help.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: Delta Pb Medallion
So do we actually have any leverage over our cancelled ticket or are we just going to be forced to take a refund? Can I demand they book me on another airline and eat the difference in cost? (I was on MKE//PIT for July) Their contract of carriage does not seem to support this - I just get a refund. I am hoping the collective FT wisdom may know a better solution.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
No need to tear down E, just wall it off. It may need to be used at some point in the future, but if the demand isn't there at this point I can't see why it should be kept around. There's plenty of gates in D now, and have been for a while. DL would do just fine there, and they'd be able to open a nice lounge with plenty of room.

Another dream would be that UA turn it into an RCC, but that just means that I'm delusional.
Delta is just fine now in E. It is the most convienant concourse. It is a quick walk to the gate and all the gates are there together. If they need to expand they can take over the gates that will be vacated by COX when they leave to join United. The SkyClub is the perfect size. While the SkyClub is a little crowded during the mornings, the old BCC is way too big. I doubt DL would want to pay for the extra space.

DL on E is not broke. So lets try not to fix it.
Old May 7, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by cs19
So do we actually have any leverage over our cancelled ticket or are we just going to be forced to take a refund? Can I demand they book me on another airline and eat the difference in cost? (I was on MKE//PIT for July) Their contract of carriage does not seem to support this - I just get a refund. I am hoping the collective FT wisdom may know a better solution.
If they do any more than the CofC it's for goodwill and expensive. F9 spending money these days in my opinion isn't very likely unless say you're one of their top customers.

It looks like UA connecting through ORD or WN connecting through BWI are the other routes.

Though there is one other one (perhaps even less expensive) if you were planning on renting a car anyway. MKE-CAK on FL would be about a 2 hour drive to PIT.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Originally Posted by tvnwz
Delta is just fine now in E. It is the most convienant concourse. It is a quick walk to the gate and all the gates are there together. If they need to expand they can take over the gates that will be vacated by COX when they leave to join United. The SkyClub is the perfect size. While the SkyClub is a little crowded during the mornings, the old BCC is way too big. I doubt DL would want to pay for the extra space.

DL on E is not broke. So lets try not to fix it.
I disagree. It is "broke' to the extent that it would leave D far too underutilized. If WN/FL has C to itself, UA/former CO/AC/US/AA is only what, eight gates? (Each of those has two gates at present, except for AC which shares a UA gate & handling.) Those airlines wouldn't even fill the long (D39-D48) end of the 1990 hammerhead. There is plenty of room for DL on D and the food & beverage concessions are much better. It has been a while since I have been down E, but doesn't E still just have that sort of sad, generic airport bar?
Old May 10, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: Midwest Miles, Early Returns
Just curious...what F9 non-stops (if any) are left at MCI and OMA?

Last edited by Wisconsin; May 10, 2012 at 9:00 pm
Old May 10, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Wisconsin
Just curious...what F9 non-stops (if any) are left at KCI and OMA?
OMA has DCA, DEN, and LAX unknown if TPA or MCO will return this winter. Unsure about MCI.
Old May 10, 2012, 9:00 am

Other than Denver, here's what's appears to be left as of June...23 flights per week at MCI and MKE, and 17 per week at Omaha.

MCI
DCA 14x/week
MCO 1x/week
MSY 4x/week
LAS 4x/week

OMA
DCA 13x/week
LAX 3x/week
MCO 1x/week

MKE
DCA 7x/week
MCO 3x/week
RHI 13x/week
Old May 18, 2012, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
They had DEN and CUN out of MKE before any of this fun started. I'd expect those to stay.
It looks like MKE-CUN will be around this winter with scheduled service. The DL and FL nonstops will also be returning on this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.