Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Web Site Down?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:33 pm

The website's booking engine is due to be down overnight, starting at midnight CDT till 5:00am Friday morning, for "maintenance."

Why have they not posted a notice on the homepage to make customers aware of the down time?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by mke9499
The website's booking engine is due to be down overnight, starting at midnight CDT till 5:00am Friday morning, for "maintenance."

Why have they not posted a notice on the homepage to make customers aware of the down time?
It's totally ridiculous. BUT, I found a work-around. For some reason I am able to access the website, booking engine, etc.. etc.. through my smart phone.
Website is worthless on a CPU but if you access it via mobile, it works fine.
Just booked a ticket.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mke9499
Found that interesting as well... notifying customers via Facebook, but not writing simple HTML for their own home page. It seems to me that the right hand and left hand have no idea what either is doing... i.e. Marketing vs. Technical Dept.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:38 am

Problems again, today.

Search engine just times out, no matter the browser.

The web address you entered could not be found[more information]You were trying to go to https://booking.frontierairlines.com...rrorForward.do

The error could be the result of a variety of things, from typing errors in the web address to DNS issues with the requested web address.
Could the problem be that the route being searched is being discontinued?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 4:51 pm

I've been noticing intermittent problems throughout the week.

With the Frontier website, that has been par for the course lately.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: N23344
Originally Posted by RSVP
I've been noticing intermittent problems throughout the week.

With the Frontier website, that has been par for the course lately.
Management wants customers to book from the website but the website doesn't work so customers book from Expedia or the like, which cost the company more. Wouldn't it be cheaper to redo the whole website? They inherited the Midwest site which had more capabilities why didn't they use the services of the that site?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by 8C4IOW
Management wants customers to book from the website but the website doesn't work so customers book from Expedia or the like, which cost the company more. Wouldn't it be cheaper to redo the whole website? They inherited the Midwest site which had more capabilities why didn't they use the services of the that site?
They really do need to do something about the website reliability and functionality. You bring up a good point about the YX site...some people were critical of the site and its abilities, but the F9 site is missing a lot of the functionality YX supported a handful of years back.

Changing to a new website platform is a huge project, and while I hope it is in the works, I don't want them to make it worse by cramming something in.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Well, I just got a check-in email from Frontier, dated today at 2:21 PM...

...for a flight which I took yesterday at 3:15 PM.

So, yeah, I'd say Frontier has some work to do on their website and with IT in general.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:31 am

Flight search capabilty not working again this morning.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Well, I just got a check-in email from Frontier, dated today at 2:21 PM...

...for a flight which I took yesterday at 3:15 PM.

So, yeah, I'd say Frontier has some work to do on their website and with IT in general.
Interestingly, I got a PM from MostlyAir on Sunday inquiring about this Frontier faux pas and promising to look into it...

...and now it's Wednesday, I haven't heard a response, and I have no check-in e-mail for my flight this evening. No doubt I'll get the check-in e-mail...tomorrow.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 2:50 pm

Interestingly, I got a PM from MostlyAir on Sunday inquiring about this Frontier faux pas and promising to look into it...

...and now it's Wednesday, I haven't heard a response, and I have no check-in e-mail for my flight this evening. No doubt I'll get the check-in e-mail...tomorrow.
I initially looked at the sender name and actual send time and when I didn't see anything fishy there I moved it to the email people. Sorry I didn't follow up. It may take time to find the source of the problem so don't hold your breathe.

The problem may be that your email provider didn't release the email to you until the next day, which is one usual culprit. I use to work for the email team, but now I'm in planning. I'll let you know when I hear something. In the mean time let us know if you receive the other email late, forward it onto me again and we'll add it to the ticket.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, Early Returns
I've had the check-in e-mails arriving several hours after departure as well...
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MostlyAir
I initially looked at the sender name and actual send time and when I didn't see anything fishy there I moved it to the email people. Sorry I didn't follow up. It may take time to find the source of the problem so don't hold your breathe.

The problem may be that your email provider didn't release the email to you until the next day, which is one usual culprit. I use to work for the email team, but now I'm in planning. I'll let you know when I hear something. In the mean time let us know if you receive the other email late, forward it onto me again and we'll add it to the ticket.
Haven't received the other email yet. My provider does have a quarantine area for suspicious emails, but nothing from Frontier has ever appeared there. It does appear odd that F9 would be the only airline that can't get an email through - no problems with UA, DL, AA or US - so that would indicate to me a problem originating with F9.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haven't received the other email yet. My provider does have a quarantine area for suspicious emails, but nothing from Frontier has ever appeared there. It does appear odd that F9 would be the only airline that can't get an email through - no problems with UA, DL, AA or US - so that would indicate to me a problem originating with F9.
MostlyAir confirmed today that it's a problem with check-in emails not getting sent to the email provider in a timely manner, and it's affecting more pax than just me. He's a great example of customer service in a world where it's vanishing all too quickly.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:08 pm

Customers are complaining about the website's search engine timing out, but it's obvious that the problem occurs when searching for an itinerary where at least one of the segments involves a discontinued route/market. Since many of the soon-to-be discontinued routes and markets are still viable for at least another month, it's probably a challenge.

They need to program the system so that instead of it searching endlessly and timing out, a message pops up that there is no service available for the XXX-XXX part of the itinerary, for the dates being searched.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.