Wiki Posts
Search

Charged Twice for Direct TV

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2008, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E, Marriott Silver
Charged Twice for Direct TV

Flew on Frontier back in early April and was only charged for the Direct TV I purchased a few days ago. However, I was charged twice for that same purchase. Spoke with their customer service group and they indicated I have to prove this was charged to my card twice, even though they are aware of this problem (LiveTV is the vendor who processes their onboard charges and they 'ran the batch job twice'). Not a great example of how to fix a problem you know you caused for your customers.....

Cheers.
Old May 19, 2008, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckBubba
Flew on Frontier back in early April and was only charged for the Direct TV I purchased a few days ago. However, I was charged twice for that same purchase. Spoke with their customer service group and they indicated I have to prove this was charged to my card twice, even though they are aware of this problem (LiveTV is the vendor who processes their onboard charges and they 'ran the batch job twice'). Not a great example of how to fix a problem you know you caused for your customers.....

Cheers.
You could just dispute it with your credit card company. They should be able to identify it as a duplicate charge and reverse it.
Old May 20, 2008, 1:05 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus (Premier Exec)
Originally Posted by CanuckBubba
.....Not a great example of how to fix a problem you know you caused for your customers.....
Cheers.

Frontier is loosing ground every day to Southwest and United and they have the nerve to wonder why their customers are willing to switch?

I used to fly Frontier quite frequently until I had such a hard time using my miles for a reward ticket. Now that I see them getting hounded by their card processor and undercut by Southwest I just have to chuckle.
Old May 20, 2008, 3:38 pm

LiveTV is not a "vendor who processes their onboard charges", they actually own and operate the TV systems on the Frontier Aircraft.

While Frontier should and probably would like to automatically reverse the charges, I really don't think they can. They are probably asking for "proof", which I assume would be a copy of your CC statement, so they can forward it to LiveTV.

Personally, I would have just disputed it with the CC company. It's much easier and requires much less effort.

Originally Posted by Dole
Frontier is loosing ground every day to Southwest and United and they have the nerve to wonder why their customers are willing to switch?
Which is why United is continuing to reduce their market share in Denver and Southwest AND Frontier is gaining market share, right?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...t.2822e1d.html

Last edited by GreatChecko; May 20, 2008 at 3:44 pm
Old May 21, 2008, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by GreatChecko

While Frontier should and probably would like to automatically reverse the charges, I really don't think they can. They are probably asking for "proof", which I assume would be a copy of your CC statement, so they can forward it to LiveTV.

[/url]
Regardless of who caused the problem, it's still a pain in the butt for their customers (whether the service is via a 3rd party or not) and they haven't exactly gone out of their way to try and correct the problem.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.