Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

Who has won anything from FT contests? A show of hands please.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who has won anything from FT contests? A show of hands please.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by krasnoludek
Haven't had much time to sweep in 2014 (sorry for the limited activity here), but I did manage to get some runner-up prizes in two contests posted here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/free-...1-void-pr.html

got me a case of 24 bottles of Fiji Water, and

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/free-...1-void-pr.html

got me a pretty sweet "home margarita kit", including a Cuisinart juicer. Of course, I would have preferred the grand prizes (especially the trip to Fiji!), but I'll take what I can get
Congratulations! It's always good to hear someone is winning. (Sorry, whine coming here: I haven't won a decent prize in so long I've almost forgotten what it's like.)
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingmama
Congratulations! It's always good to hear someone is winning. (Sorry, whine coming here: I haven't won a decent prize in so long I've almost forgotten what it's like.)
Thanks! And, don't worry, you'll win something good again. I like to imagine that the longer the drought, the bigger the ultimate payoff.

The Fiji Water one got me so excited because the letter arrived in a very official rushed envelope with sealed envelope inside. I started reading, thinking I might have won the grand prize, until I read about the case of water and my hopes sunk. Still, something else will come along.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: United (Silver), Marriott (Silver), Starwood
Just won my first "big" prize, compliments of Canyon Ranch Resort & Spa's Inspiration Awards: a 4-night inclusive stay at Canyon Ranch for my mother; three gourmet meals daily; $670 spa and wellness service allowance; access to spa and resort facilities; complimentary fitness classes, sports activities, wellness presentations and cooking demonstrations; $300 travel gift card; and round-trip transfers. ARV: $3,900. Value on resort website: $5,800.

About the Contest: For its 35th anniversary, Canyon Ranch awarded luxury vacations to 70 individuals whose essay nominees demonstrated how the individual has shown selfless generosity of spirit, served as a mentor, sacrificed for others’ well-being, shared personal gifts, overcome adversity in health or circumstances, helped young people thrive or made a real difference for the community.

Other recent prizes:

- Samsung Galaxy S5 Phone (All You America's Smartest Shopper sweepstakes) (thanks, SkiAdcock!)
- $100 Piperlime Gift Card and Manicure Kit (Essie Color Spotlight sweepstakes)

Last edited by thestarrynight; Jan 8, 2015 at 2:01 pm
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Marriott, SW, Club Carlson, IHG
Hilton Weekender

It has just ended, so I thought I'd ask: did anyone here win any of the Hilton Weekender sweepstakes that went on all through 2014? I now have an extra free 30 seconds every day since I don't have to enter that each week day.
No wins for me despite lots of entries...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:11 am
Community Director Emerita

thestarrynight, what a wonderful gift for your mother. She will be thrilled with her stay.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by flyernick
It has just ended, so I thought I'd ask: did anyone here win any of the Hilton Weekender sweepstakes that went on all through 2014? I now have an extra free 30 seconds every day since I don't have to enter that each week day.
I also entered this one regularly for months. Nothing to show for it. :shrug:
Old Jan 7, 2015, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by flyernick
Don't give up yet. According to the rules, the grand prize winner won't be drawn until Feb. 1.

https://hilton.promo.eprize.com/week...ment/rules.pdf

And ePrize, which is not the most efficient JA, could be running behind on selecting and/or notifying the weekly winners.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:26 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has had any 'luck' with the Zozi giveaways? I had never heard of them, entered the `12 days of adventure contest anyway. I'm curious about how legit it all is.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: United (Silver), Marriott (Silver), Starwood
SanDiego1K, thank you! I'm excited and grateful that my mom's hard work and sacrifices are being recognized. If you've been to Canyon Ranch, any advice you could share on which resort to visit (Tucson AZ or Lenox MA)/activities/best spa treatments would be greatly appreciated.

pipervali, I'm excited by Zozi's 12 Days of Discovery sweepstakes too! Based on the partners involved in the giveaway (Runner's World, Intrepid, airfarewatchdog, BottleNotes, epicurious are co-branded in emails I received about the sweepstakes), the sweepstakes seems legit. Per the contest terms, the drawings are being held Jan 2-20. Best of luck to everyone who entered!
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I won 100,000 Starpoints via an Audience Rewards promo a few years ago. I thought it was a scam when they emailed me saying I won... but it was legit. Not sure how I found out about the promo.

Many years ago when Orbitz was just starting out, I won a free domestic roundtrip flight from them as well.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I won 100,000 Starpoints via an Audience Rewards promo a few years ago. I thought it was a scam when they emailed me saying I won... but it was legit. Not sure how I found out about the promo.

Many years ago when Orbitz was just starting out, I won a free domestic roundtrip flight from them as well.
Did they send you a 1099 with the value of the 100k SPG points? If so, how much did they value them at?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Superorb
Did they send you a 1099 with the value of the 100k SPG points? If so, how much did they value them at?
Yes, they did. I neglected to mention that I also won 2 broadway show tickets. The total for the 100k and tickets was $4k on the 1099.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:33 pm

Yes, they did. I neglected to mention that I also won 2 broadway show tickets. The total for the 100k and tickets was $4k on the 1099.
Thanks. Not counting the tickets is $0.04 per SPG point. That's a bit high. Did you dispute with IRS?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Thanks. Not counting the tickets is $0.04 per SPG point. That's a bit high. Did you dispute with IRS?
I did not dispute as I didn't know I was allowed to. I assume they claimed the broadway tickets were worth $1k of it (also ridiculous)... so it's more like $.03 per... but still, high imo.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:09 am

I did not dispute as I didn't know I was allowed to. I assume they claimed the broadway tickets were worth $1k of it (also ridiculous)... so it's more like $.03 per... but still, high imo.
Yes, you can definitely dispute the value. Gary has a post on his blog explaining the process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.