Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

Who has won anything from FT contests? A show of hands please.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who has won anything from FT contests? A show of hands please.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2005, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
2013 Flyertalk "Sweeps Wall O Fame"

Although we all have probably won something in our lives, has FT brought any more contest winnings to you? Please also say when...

I would like to start. I have won two contests that involved free air travel. One with 50,000 United miles & a W hotel stay 4 years ago and this year one with a NW rt voucher good anywhere in the US.

This thread has gotten a lot more interest than I bargained for.
To keep it short and sweet, let's keep the posts limited to...

2013 FlyerTalk "Sweepers Wall O Fame"
Winner (your ft name)
Contest
Prize

Last edited by outoftown; Jun 28, 2013 at 11:02 am Reason: suggestion
Old Sep 3, 2005, 7:00 pm

I won an Ipod mini thanks to you specifically, Out of town! (I also posted a thank you...) I'm hoping for a trip next...
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
I won two VERY minor third place prizes as a result of entering these contests. But I still enter them all. Just takes a few minutes and who knows??
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:18 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
I haven't won anything thru FT-mentioned promotions yet.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 7:59 am

I won 20,000 Worldperks miles during a FlyerTalk live chat with a Worldperks exec in 2000.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 9:55 am

I won 100,000 UA miles a year ago from a snail mail I found on this site. The only downsite is that so far I haven't been able to use them! Every date and itinerary I've tried using them on in the past year shows no availability. Oh well - one of these days I'll get to use them. Maybe. If UA remains in business - LOL.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
Originally Posted by Flyingmama
I won 100,000 UA miles a year ago from a snail mail I found on this site. The only downsite is that so far I haven't been able to use them! Every date and itinerary I've tried using them on in the past year shows no availability. Oh well - one of these days I'll get to use them. Maybe. If UA remains in business - LOL.
I was glad the UA contest I won gave me miles. At the time, I cashed them in for Lufthansa segments for Mrs. Outoftown and myself to go from FRA to ATH.
I used two rt bump vouchers to take avantage of the NYC W hotel stay that was the rest of the prize.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 1:28 am

Programs: United, USAir, Delta, others
I have won a "travel" book from Travelocity.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IIRC, my friend did win something although I don't recall the exact prize that he won.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 8:24 am

Programs: Ozark - Tin; Eastern - Lead; Local Hoosegow - Copper;
Talking

Sirius Sportster and three months subscription thru Jose Cuervo. ^
Old Sep 6, 2005, 1:26 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold, HH Silver
I've won:

1) a 40 gig iPod
2) 4 one-day passes to Disneyworld
3) a snuggle t-shirt
4) some exercise equipment

I'm pretty sure all from FT contests!

-mbk
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:31 am

5 BIG miles from Air Canada Aeroplan...
Old Sep 12, 2005, 9:27 am

As a result of lurking, learning and entering, I've won a trip to Costa Rica, an XBOX game, a beach tote and a bottle of BBQ sauce. Thanks to all FT Sweeps contributors.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 4:02 pm

For all those that have won major prizes ($2k+), are you taxed on the value of the winnings?
Old Sep 13, 2005, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by subdawg
For all those that have won major prizes ($2k+), are you taxed on the value of the winnings?
Yes. For any prize over $600, the sponsor will send you a 1099 at the end of the year which you treat on your tax return as ordinary income.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.