Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

Who has won anything from FT contests? A show of hands please.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who has won anything from FT contests? A show of hands please.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:20 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/free-...-airlines.html

Now what to do in Istanbul and when (vouchers good for a year)!?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:53 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by cer2141
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/free-...-airlines.html

Now what to do in Istanbul and when (vouchers good for a year)!?
Congrats! Istanbul is a wonderful city with masses of things to do. Check our our Europe forum for discussion on the city. I recommend 2 or 3 days in the old city and then move to the Taksim Square area for activities in the new. Traffic is abominable so it is smart to base yourself where you want to spend the bulk of the day. There's lots to see and do in the entire country should you want to expand your horizons.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:28 pm

Get a Fodor's or Rick Steves book

I loved Istanbul, would love to return.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: aa
hello i wanted to know how does a winning email look like?If i won a sweepstakes what would the subject line say?I get so much spam mail i dont know what a winner looks like.Please help
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:14 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
Hah! wishful thinking......
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA & IHG Plat, SWAlist, Frontier 100k, Marriott Titan, IHG-Hilton-Hyatt-Wynd Gold, Nat EE, Hertz PC
There is no good answer for this. Contests are hosted by numerous companies of all sizes, and or, their promotional agencies. You could be notified, depending on the entry process, via a FaceBook or Twitter message, email, a phone call, or even US mail, Fedex, UPS, etc. So...you could be notified in any number of ways, if you are notified by email it could be as simple as a couple of sentences, or as complex as a templated email with graphics.

My recommendation would be to establish an account for you to receive your contest emails to. You could set it up to forward to your primary email and flag those emails so that they stand out for you. Only issue is that many times you have to sign-up for mailing lists and the like when you enter contests, so you could get those emails and potentially your winning notification.

Personally, I have had prizes just show up in the mail un-announced. A first class mail letter with a one page letter inside, looks like a scam but it was for real. I have received phone calls, and Fedex envelopes, and even a FaceBook private message.

Always keep on the lookout, you just never know.

-Patrick

Originally Posted by jada135
hello i wanted to know how does a winning email look like?If i won a sweepstakes what would the subject line say?I get so much spam mail i dont know what a winner looks like.Please help
Old Dec 16, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: aa
What i meant by previous question what does the email look like does it say congratulations as the subject or you won can anybody who won by email let me know what is says
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: UA & IHG Plat, SWAlist, Frontier 100k, Marriott Titan, IHG-Hilton-Hyatt-Wynd Gold, Nat EE, Hertz PC
The answer is the same. Companies and their representatives are going to put whatever they want for the Subject line, it could be;

Congratulations - You won 'some contest'!
Hello
In reference to your Contest Entry
Etc...

So you see, the Subject line of a winning notification email pretty much looks just like the one from a SPAM email. You won't be able to tell the difference from the Subject line, you will have to read the email, then decide if it is a valid one.

Patrick

Originally Posted by jada135
What i meant by previous question what does the email look like does it say congratulations as the subject or you won can anybody who won by email let me know what is says
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
I agree about winning emails. They probably are sent by someone in the administrative offices of the organization and the email has someone's name you don't know or recognize. The subject line would be some variant as mentioned above with "sweepstakes winner" or similar.

A big prize notification may be sent via registered mail that you sign for with a date by which you have to respond with the documentation.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:10 am

Smile I have no idea from this Forum on how to enter?

How do I enter the contest(s)? I would love to know...
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: Marriott platinum, spg gold, club Carlson gold, UA silver
Baniff, live like a legend.

Won that one, included 6night hotel in a delux room on the flagship resorts ie ski in/out, 2 5day area lift passes to the big 3 mountains, airport transfer and $300 gift card. Good for the next two years with the holiday blackout dates which only end up being 4-5 weeks a year.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 1:11 pm

I just received notification that I won the 2013 Coke/Cinemark Sail Away contest
4 day Bahamas Cruise for 4 including airfare. I know I saw the contest on SD but I believe I saw the link on here as well! :-)
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:47 pm

Amex win , thanks FT and Amex.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Supertramp, great win! Banff is beautiful, but I've only been there in the summer. Wish I knew how to ski so I could be entering all these great ski contests.

divadee, a cruise to the Bahamas sounds great!

and sbanders, WOW, what a great trip. You got pampered!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Wow, those are exciting wins ya'll! Congrats to the winners.

We had someone ask how to enter. If you are on the internet as you seem to be, then you will click on the links provided in the listings of sweepstakes to enter. Then you can read the rules of entering at that page and see if you qualify to enter and how ofter you can enter. Then go for it.

Good luck to all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.