Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurants, bars etc closed in France until further notice

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2020, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CGRA
the minimum distance from one country to the other vary drastically and just confirm that we don’t know much and we just « guess » and this is not a complain.
It is not that we don't know much. It is just that there is no simple, black and white answer. To take an analogy, some countries have a speed limit on main roads of 90 km/h, others of 80 km/h and yet others of 100 km/h. It is not that we have no idea of the risks of raising or lowering the speed limit. We know that lowering the speed form 90 to 80 km/h will result in fewer fatalities and raising it from 90 to 100 km/h will result in a higher number of fatalities. It is just that there is not a single figure which is right. We choose a figure depending on a number of factors, our sense of acceptable risk being one of them. The same is true with the covid social distancing. We know that lowering minimum distances to 1m will increase the risk of transmission and raising it to 2m will lower it. We just have a different evaluation of what we regard as appropriate in our particular context, depending on a number of factors which are mostly to do with other things than lack of knowledge.
Marambio likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
It is not that we don't know much. It is just that there is no simple, black and white answer. To take an analogy, some countries have a speed limit on main roads of 90 km/h, others of 80 km/h and yet others of 100 km/h. It is not that we have no idea of the risks of raising or lowering the speed limit. We know that lowering the speed form 90 to 80 km/h will result in fewer fatalities and raising it from 90 to 100 km/h will result in a higher number of fatalities. It is just that there is not a single figure which is right. We choose a figure depending on a number of factors, our sense of acceptable risk being one of them. The same is true with the covid social distancing. We know that lowering minimum distances to 1m will increase the risk of transmission and raising it to 2m will lower it. We just have a different evaluation of what we regard as appropriate in our particular context, depending on a number of factors which are mostly to do with other things than lack of knowledge.
very good example, in France speed limit is 130 km/h and distance is 1 meter. The slower is the speed the higher is the distance
DELee likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alsacienne
Folks, stop bickering and get back on topic! And with today's update, bars and restaurants remain closed in France until at least the end of May ... and some MAY, repeat MAY open in the departments considered 'green' after 2 June IF there is no increase in the present level of infection in those departments .... don't hold your breath.
my guess will be that the green zone restaurants will open end of June.

for paris I have a bad feeling : probably we won’t be able to go anywhere (more than 100 km) before mid July and of course no restaurant before that

emergency state is now supposed to end of July 10th (2 weeks earlier than anticipated)
Old May 28, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Restaurants, bars, etc. will reopen next Tuesday in the "green area", i.e. all of European France except the Greater Paris. In Paris and surroundings, street tables (terraces) will reopen next Tuesday, and inside tables will have to wait until June 22. Good news, if you ask me.
Old May 28, 2020, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Marambio
Restaurants, bars, etc. will reopen next Tuesday in the "green area", i.e. all of European France except the Greater Paris. In Paris and surroundings, street tables (terraces) will reopen next Tuesday, and inside tables will have to wait until June 22. Good news, if you ask me.
yes definitely a great news.
less than 5 mns after the announcement got a text from SO asking me to book a restaurant.

We should do a list of the best restaurants with an outside area which will be open
Old May 29, 2020, 2:40 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by Marambio
In Paris and surroundings, street tables (terraces) will reopen next Tuesday, and inside tables will have to wait until June 22. Good news, if you ask me.
I have seen no specific date, by which the restaurants and bars of the Ile de France, to include Paris, will fully open other than to allow patio service beginning June 2nd.

Last edited by Tamino; May 29, 2020 at 4:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.