FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   France and Monaco (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco-467/)
-   -   Restaurants, bars etc closed in France until further notice (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco/2012928-restaurants-bars-etc-closed-france-until-further-notice.html)

CGRA Mar 14, 2020 1:45 pm

Restaurants, bars etc closed in France until further notice

All recreational activities closed
Remain opens food outlets, pharmacy etc

Not sure about breakfast restaurants in hotels

NickB Mar 15, 2020 5:48 am

Originally Posted by CGRA (Post 32184967)
Not sure about breakfast restaurants in hotels

Bars and restaurants in hotels are also required to close so no buffet breakfast or similar will be available. Hotels can still provide food via room service, however, so I expect that this will be how breakfast will be delivered in hotels.

IstKong Mar 15, 2020 6:12 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 32187759)
Bars and restaurants in hotels are also required to close so no buffet breakfast or similar will be available. Hotels can still provide food via room service, however, so I expect that this will be how breakfast will be delivered in hotels.

Eating at hotels will only be available for guests I think. That's what they did when they implemented similar measures in Spain yesterday.

NickB Mar 15, 2020 6:23 am

Originally Posted by IstKong (Post 32187831)
Eating at hotels will only be available for guests I think. That's what they did when they implemented similar measures in Spain yesterday.

The text of the legislation expressly states that bars and restaurants in hotels are to be treated the same as other restaurants and bars. You will therefore not be able to sit in a hotel restaurant or bar for a meal or a drink even if you are a hotel guest. OTOH, the hotel and bar will be able to deliver a meal or a drink to your room.

Originally Posted by Arrêté du 14 mars 2020 portant diverses mesures relatives à la lutte contre la propagation du virus covid-19
Article 1
Afin de ralentir la propagation du virus covid-19, les établissements relevant des catégories mentionnées à l'article GN1 de l'arrêté du 25 juin 1980 susvisé figurant ci-après ne peuvent plus accueillir du public jusqu'au 15 avril 2020 :

[...]
- au titre de la catégorie N : Restaurants et débits de boissons ;
[...]

Pour l'application du présent article, les restaurants et bars d'hôtels, à l'exception du « room service », sont regardés comme relevant de la catégorie N : Restaurants et débits de boissons. L'ensemble des établissements de cette catégorie sont en outre autorisés à maintenir leurs activités de vente à emporter et de livraison.

Marambio Mar 15, 2020 1:29 pm

Madame and I went for a walk on the Champ de Mars and Trocadéro today around noon. We could see the few tourists still here eating supermarket sandwiches in park benches, as everything else was closed. Thankfully the weather today was spectacular, under the rain it would have been a nightmare for them.

CGRA Mar 15, 2020 2:09 pm

Lot of people were outside, numerous enjoying a warm sunny day lounging on the grass. Government is unhappy about that. Rumors of curfew next week.

Marambio Mar 15, 2020 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by CGRA (Post 32189841)
Lot of people were outside, numerous enjoying a warm sunny day lounging on the grass. Government is unhappy about that. Rumors of curfew next week.

Yeah, I heard the same. We went home after the walk and there wasn't much people in the Trocadéro/Champs de Mars area. I did see some people posting Instagram stories about their beautiful day at the Bois de Vincennes and it got on my nerves. Keeping France shut is costing hundreds of millions of euros per day. People will loose their jobs because of this. If all they are asking is to say home, just stay home.

Tamino Mar 16, 2020 3:41 pm

Curfew was announced this evening. Schengen borders close at noon tomorrow, other transportation closed for 30 days.

For the next 15 days, all activity is limited to:
  1. that for essential work
  2. medical/pharmacy visits
  3. to obtain food items
  4. basic physical needs
Socializing of any type is discouraged with the objective of limiting all contact with others. Violators will be sanctioned. I am sure more details will follow.

CGRA Mar 18, 2020 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Tamino (Post 32194808)
Curfew was announced this evening. Schengen borders close at noon tomorrow, other transportation closed for 30 days.

For the next 15 days, all activity is limited to:
  1. that for essential work
  2. medical/pharmacy visits
  3. to obtain food items
  4. basic physical needs
Socializing of any type is discouraged with the objective of limiting all contact with others. Violators will be sanctioned. I am sure more details will follow.

The fine is only EURO 38 or 135 (have heard of several thousand in other countires)
We're also allowed to go to the gym :o)
Beside what was previously closed, ALL work are authorized

An let's keep the best for the end : the subway and buses are still operating (less than before but still operating.

What a locked down !!!

Numerous companies closed even if they're not required

Marambio Mar 18, 2020 3:27 am

Originally Posted by CGRA (Post 32200702)
We're also allowed to go to the gym :o

Are gyms still open?

I went for a 5km run yesterday around 6pm. I did carry my "attestation" but didn't find any police on the streets -- maybe today they will start checking people. No need of police, though, as the whole neighbourhood (16e arrondissement) was like a ghost town. Only supermarkets and boulangeries were open, as well as a pizza place which now only sells food to take home. On the street it was runners and people walking their dogs, and some random cars here and there. We are witnessing interesting times.

CGRA Mar 18, 2020 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Marambio (Post 32200967)
Are gyms still open?

I went for a 5km run yesterday around 6pm. I did carry my "attestation" but didn't find any police on the streets -- maybe today they will start checking people. No need of police, though, as the whole neighbourhood (16e arrondissement) was like a ghost town. Only supermarkets and boulangeries were open, as well as a pizza place which now only sells food to take home. On the street it was runners and people walking their dogs, and some random cars here and there. We are witnessing interesting times.

Hi Neighbor

Probably not , as they need to deep clean each Equipment after use

Good idea from the pizza shop

They started to check cars today. Trucks are not checked... drive a truck :o)

stay safe

Palal Mar 19, 2020 1:03 pm

I was in Martinique when the ban hit, now in Guadeloupe. Trying to make my way back to Europe, which should happen as flights are running through Sunday.
Things are quiet in the streets. Police are issuing fines for walking around without the 'attestation de deplacement derrogatoire'. You're ok to swim at the beach, but laying your towel down is a big no-no.

Other rules are like in mainland France.

IstKong Mar 19, 2020 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 32207735)
I was in Martinique when the ban hit, now in Guadeloupe. Trying to make my way back to Europe, which should happen as flights are running through Sunday.
Things are quiet in the streets. Police are issuing fines for walking around without the 'attestation de deplacement derrogatoire'. You're ok to swim at the beach, but laying your towel down is a big no-no.

Other rules are like in mainland France.

There will always be some flights between french overseas territories and the mainland, even during the curfew/lockdown. Those are mandatory and required by the gouvernement.

What would worry me the most in fact is that you know have to present a certificate for each of your travels within france even around a small perimeter and you need a good reason to move.
See reference here https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus

Palal Mar 19, 2020 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by IstKong (Post 32208178)
There will always be some flights between french overseas territories and the mainland, even during the curfew/lockdown. Those are mandatory and required by the gouvernement.

What would worry me the most in fact is that you know have to present a certificate for each of your travels within france even around a small perimeter and you need a good reason to move.
See reference here https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus

In my case, returning from vacation is considered as acceptable.

CGRA Mar 21, 2020 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 32208782)
In my case, returning from vacation is considered as acceptable.

why do you come back ? :0)
sadly going to vacation is not