ORD to CDG Best Travel Days

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 6:30 am
Original Poster

ORD to CDG Best Travel Days

My fiance and I are taking our honeymoon trip to Paris. We want to:

Fly out of ORD or nearby: Sunday, October 19th or Monday, October 20th
Return: Sunday, October 26th or Monday, October 27th

I'm have silver status on Delta and I would like to fly with them just for the chance that we'll get upgraded. What I'm thinking is that I want to find the statistically least full flight within the above dates to maximize our chances for getting upgraded. My fiance does not have status so I realize it's going to be a stretch either way, but I figure with an uncrowded flight along with some eyelash batting because it's our honeymoon, we miiiiiight get the upgrade.

Anyways, anybody have any tips? Should we be flying into CDG? What days are going to be least busy to fly?

I plan on looking through the rest of the France section of the site to get some other tips for our trip. Thanks in advance!
Old May 16, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Sorry, but upgrades are for domestic flights only, not international flights (at least not those with Business Elite, like to CDG).

Sorry, but your chance of an upgrade is zero. And they won't care that it's your honeymoon.

Focus on enjoying Paris. And congrats!
Old May 16, 2014, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

alpha, thank you for your response. Whenever I flew delta to Germany I got upgraded about 1/3 of the time because of my silver status. That was only a year and a half ago. I'm guessing my chances of upgrade are low because it would be an air france flight that delta is contracting (I know that's not the right word)?
Old May 16, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
From Delta's website: "Medallion Complimentary Upgrades are subject to availability and may not be available on all flights or in all markets and are not valid for travel to Transatlantic and Transpacific destinations or between Hawaii and Atlanta."

Even less likely if it's Air France opertaed. The only tiny chance is if they're overbooked in economy so have to move some people up. When they do so, it's by status and fare so as a silver doubtful they would ever get to you. And it's very rare.

Sorry.
Old May 16, 2014, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
I asked a Moderator to move to the DL forum as it really hasn't anything to do with France.
Old May 19, 2014, 6:19 am
Original Poster

@Alpha, thanks for the info. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed, and not get my hopes up. As for travel days, which would be less busy? the Sunday or the Monday?

@UAPremExecflyer thanks for the move.

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.