Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

French Open Tennis Tickets...Reputable Brokers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat

Hi, my wife and I have planned to be in Paris during the French Open. I tried to buy tickets last night on the Rolland Garros site when individual tickets became available, but no luck. I knew it was a long-shot going in, but thought I'd give it a try.

Plan B is to check out some ticket brokers to see if we can find something decent without being too outrageously high. We're looking for two specific dates, May 30 and June 2, in the main Court Philippe-Chatrier. I've looked on-line already, albeit probably a bit early, and have a couple of possibilities.

My question is whether anyone has any personal experience with a reputable broker so we at least know the group is professional.

From reading other previous posts, I guess Plan C would be to buy from the sellers outside the tournament, but I'm a bit hesitant.

Thank you for your assistance.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jacknyoc
Hi, my wife and I have planned to be in Paris during the French Open. I tried to buy tickets last night on the Rolland Garros site when individual tickets became available, but no luck. I knew it was a long-shot going in, but thought I'd give it a try.
We must have been very lucky. We went online at 6:58am local time and after 20 minutes, we were able to buy tickets. What time did you go online? Good luck!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Analise
We must have been very lucky. We went online at 6:58am local time and after 20 minutes, we were able to buy tickets. What time did you go online? Good luck!
I was finally allowed access to the on-line queue at 12:10am LA time...with a noted wait time of 120 minutes. 30 minutes later I was in, but most tickets were already gone. We're hoping some other option will work. Thank you.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Some of the major French supermarkets seem to run some sort of scalping operation. Leclerc seems to use ticketnet.fr
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Suggest you try doing a search.
"French Open tennis" produces this thread from a couple of years ago that lists official ticket reseller website(s) and other possible resources.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Suggest you try doing a search.
"French Open tennis" produces this thread from a couple of years ago that lists official ticket reseller website(s) and other possible resources.
Thank you, all.

UAPremExecflyer, thank you; I appreciate the suggestion. I've done the on-line search and have a list, as I mentioned. I've also read the older posts on this site.

However, I was interested in first-hand experience since just randomly selecting an on-line ticket broker for an event like this seems to me like a questionable practice, as many have advised in previous posts on this subject. I hope you'd agree. I appreciate your thoughts and help.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Some of the major French supermarkets seem to run some sort of scalping operation. Leclerc seems to use ticketnet.fr
Thank you. I hadn't seen that in my searches. I'll check that site out. I appreciate the tip.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Have you tried the official ticket exchange:
http://rolandgarros.fft-tickets.com/...icket-exchange

You can set an alert for the day and court you want and be notified by email whenever tickets meeting your requirements are offered.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Have you tried the official ticket exchange:
http://rolandgarros.fft-tickets.com/...icket-exchange

You can set an alert for the day and court you want and be notified by email whenever tickets meeting your requirements are offered.
Hi jerry a. laska,

Yes, I signed up for the dates and stadiums we're interested in.

Thank you for the heads up. It's a good service and option to know about.

Best wishes, Jack
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:21 pm

I was finally allowed access to the on-line queue at 12:10am LA time...with a noted wait time of 120 minutes. 30 minutes later I was in, but most tickets were already gone.
If you don't my asking, what time in LA did you go to the website to buy tickets?

Something you can do is set an alarm with Stubhub: http://www.stubhub.com/french-open-tickets/

Last edited by Analise; Mar 13, 2014 at 7:26 pm
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:46 am
Original Poster

If you don't my asking, what time in LA did you go to the website to buy tickets?

Something you can do is set an alarm with Stubhub: http://www.stubhub.com/french-open-tickets/
HI Analise,

Thank you for the stub hub information. I had already signed up...I've used that service before with good success, but only for US events.

I signed onto the site at 12:10am Wednesday morning (LA time)...I had just returned home from the airport. It immediately said I was in the queue and my wait time was approximately 120 minutes. Within about 30 minutes or so I gained access. By then, all Court 1 tickets (except 1) were gone for the two dates I want, as well as most Court 2 tickets. I've signed up for alerts on viagogo as suggested in earlier posts.

I had checked on the site earlier, approximately 11:00 pm Tuesday night (LA Time), while I was still at the airport, and it was not yet open for sales.

Does that answer your question? Thank you.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:31 pm

HI Analise,

Thank you for the stub hub information. I had already signed up...I've used that service before with good success, but only for US events.
I hope it works out.

I signed onto the site at 12:10am Wednesday morning (LA time)...I had just returned home from the airport....I had checked on the site earlier, approximately 11:00 pm Tuesday night (LA Time), while I was still at the airport, and it was not yet open for sales.
At 11pm Tuesday night PDT, the French Open website was open as we logged on 2 minutes prior to that here in NYC. Unreal that you were blocked.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

I hope it works out.

At 11pm Tuesday night PDT, the French Open website was open as we logged on 2 minutes prior to that here in NYC. Unreal that you were blocked.
funny thing is that I was on an AA flight NY-LA and accessed wifi the entire flight in hopes of getting the site as soon as it opened. no luck at all until 12:10am. wonder what was up?

congrats on getting your tix...enjoy.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: AC Prestige

Plan B is to check out some ticket brokers to see if we can find something decent without being too outrageously high. We're looking for two specific dates, May 30 and June 2, in the main Court Philippe-Chatrier. I've looked on-line already, albeit probably a bit early, and have a couple of possibilities.

My question is whether anyone has any personal experience with a reputable broker so we at least know the group is professional.

From reading other previous posts, I guess Plan C would be to buy from the sellers outside the tournament, but I'm a bit hesitant.

Thank you for your assistance.
Do NOT buy off the scalpers out front. That's almost guaranteeing your loss. I've gone to RG a number of times, if you can't get them from the FFT directly (which obviously I see you tried but it didn't work out for you) your next best bet is viagogo.com (as some here have mentioned). When I missed out with the FFT I have in the past bought (and last yr sold a couple pair I couldn't use) on Ebay. Just check the feedback AND their procedure. Make sure it lines up with the Eticket procedures posted on Roland Garros's website. Most of the brokers are absolutely ridiculous in price (like 400 per seat for rnd 2 or 3). Make sure you get Etickets, you will have to provide the seller your Full name and DOB as shown on your passport (as RG staff match it on your way in). The ticket will then be emailed to you, you print it and take it with you. But just so you dont freak out, the ticket you print will have the ORIGINAL buyers name on it, you won't see yours until it's scanned at the gate and a new "wallet sized" ticket is printed in front of you, which THAT will have your name. Good luck and enjoy Paris!!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

This is very helpful. thank you very much.

I have signed up with viagogo for alerts and paid Service+ process for the two dates I'm interested in. I have also signed up for StubHub alerts. I will check out ebay, which I had not yet done.

I expect seats will be pricy...we'll see and hope they're not exorbitant. We've had very good luck in past years getting very good and reasonably priced seats at the US Open. I'm hoping our luck holds out.

Regardless, we'll enjoy our return trip to Paris...there are worse things, right?

Thank you again.

Originally Posted by ACYVRFlyer
Do NOT buy off the scalpers out front. That's almost guaranteeing your loss. I've gone to RG a number of times, if you can't get them from the FFT directly (which obviously I see you tried but it didn't work out for you) your next best bet is viagogo.com (as some here have mentioned). When I missed out with the FFT I have in the past bought (and last yr sold a couple pair I couldn't use) on Ebay. Just check the feedback AND their procedure. Make sure it lines up with the Eticket procedures posted on Roland Garros's website. Most of the brokers are absolutely ridiculous in price (like 400 per seat for rnd 2 or 3). Make sure you get Etickets, you will have to provide the seller your Full name and DOB as shown on your passport (as RG staff match it on your way in). The ticket will then be emailed to you, you print it and take it with you. But just so you dont freak out, the ticket you print will have the ORIGINAL buyers name on it, you won't see yours until it's scanned at the gate and a new "wallet sized" ticket is printed in front of you, which THAT will have your name. Good luck and enjoy Paris!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.