Search

Wine Tasting in Bordeaux

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Wine Tasting in Bordeaux

All-

I wanted to share some info in case anyone in the future is looking to wine taste in Bordeaux. I was a little surprised about the paucity of info on the topic on this board given the target audience.

I used Henri from Bordeaux Wine Travel (http://www.bordeaux-wine-travel.com/) as a guide and driver. He has cars of various sizes for different groups. I emailed him ahead of time, and did 1 day left bank, 1 day right bank. I gave him several places for each that I was interested in seeing, and he did a very good job of booking tours. We tasted at 3 places each day, 4 of them were my suggestions, the other 2 were his and they were as good if not better. He was very knowledgeable about wine and the region as he is a trained sommelier. He also made lunch reservations, some of the best food we ate in France.

We stayed in Bordeaux, several hotels there, ours was sufficient but nothing special.

Just wanted to share since I could not find a previous thread with a good recommendation, and we were happy wiht our experience.

Thanks!
Old May 18, 2014, 2:05 pm

Thanks for sharing the info.
Old May 31, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Yes, thanks for this connection. We emailed one person and he was booked on the day we were there, so I'll try Henri. By the way, what wineries did you visit?

Merci beaucoup.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Wine Tasting in Bordeaux

On the right bank, we went to Vieux chateau certan, croix de labrie, and chateau beau-sejour becot. On the left, chateau leoville poyferre, chateau pontet-canet, and chateau Palmer. All were great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.