Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Champagne region questions

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2014, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Champagne region questions

We are planning a short visit at the end of August to the Champagne region. Would a 2 night visit be sufficient or would a 3 night stay be better?

Also, we are trying to decide between staying in Reims, Epernay or maybe a small village nearby. We will have a rental car. Any suggestions?
Old May 31, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Years ago we did two nights and found that sufficient. Saw a lot of Reims, Epernay and Hautvillers.

You didn't mention your budget, but if it's hefty, you would love staying at Les Crayeres in Reims (and dining there, too).
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Budget isn't quite that hefty. Thanks for letting me know that 2 nights might be enough. How many Champagne houses did you visit? In addition to 1 or 2 of the big ones, I'd actually like to visit some of the Grower houses.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Les Creyeres is an absolute gem in Rheims. Worth the expense. 2 days for the area should be sufficient

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.