Search

Places to work in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2011, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Places to work in Paris

Hello all-

just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for places to while away some time in Paris? I'm there for a few days next week and have tons of work to do, so need some place comfy (preferably with power points, etc., though wi-fi is a bonus) that I can sit with a laptop and get some writing done. If I was in London I might go to the British Library, for instance... or maybe the Tate Modern, or any one of a few places that I could legitimately spend a few hours at a time. But not really sure about where to do that in Paris!

Any suggestions much appreciated.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GfL
If Starbucks count, then you'll find them all over the city. Hotel lobbies, such as Westin or Ritz, would also be nice places to work and think.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for that, Peregrine. I had forgotten about Sbux!

If anyone else is looking, a bit more creative googling helped me out as well:

http://gridskipper.com/archives/entries/066/66373.php

http://hipparis.com/2010/03/16/wifi-...ters-paradise/
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: Accor Le Club
You could also try the Bibliothque Georges Pompidou - the entrance is located on the "wrong" side of the Pompidou Museum. It's a quite big library, there's free wi-fi inside. It will certainly be less noisy than a cafe. Plus as it is the summer holidays there's no queue to get in. The bibliothque's open 11 - 22 except on Tuesdays.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Paris sponsors free wifi in mairies, public libraries (and in certain parks, if you can work with a computer on your lap).

This page
(French only) offers an introduction to Paris Wifi.

"Cliquez sur un point pour afficher toutes les informations lies l'emplacement du point Wi-Fi ou tlchargez tous les points d’accs au format PDF" provides two links (in turquoise print); click the bolded text to download a PDF list of all the free Paris wifi spots.

I use a library in one of the residential neighborhoods. During the school year I have to elbow out a spot among the local high school students, but that shouldn't be an issue post 14 juillet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.