Wiki Posts
Search

CDG Landside transfer from T2A to T1

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
CDG Landside transfer from T2A to T1

Arriving on AC into T2A and have a 5 hour layover until my Lufthansa flight from T1. I am carrying on my bags to CDG but will have to check the bigger one for my LH flight(seperate tickets). I hold an EU passport so I figured I'd do a landside transfer. Is this done by train or do you catch a bus? I assume I have enough time to do this?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:39 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
There is an automated shuttle (the CDGVAL) that goes from the TGV station at T2 to T1. It's a bit of a walk from T2A to the station, but that might not be a bad thing after a long-haul!

You shouldn't have any problem at all making that connection.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Thanks stut. This is the first time I've actually done a transfer at CDG, I've always just been going to CDG as a final destination before and I've always heard the airside transfers can be very confusing and airside kind of depressing for any long period of time. Be nice just to step outside for an hour or so.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Be sure to ask AC when you check in if they can interline your bag onto your LH flight. Even though you have separate tickets, it may be possible (has worked for me in the past LX to AA, separate tickets...LX in BOM was even able to print my AA boarding pass).
Old Jul 15, 2011, 3:23 am

Programs: DL FO
It should be possible as AC and LH are in the same alliance, *A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.