Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

CDG transfer time - int'l to domestic flts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

We are arriving at CDG on American Air from NYC. I believe AA arrives in terminal 2. We then depart AF on a domestic flt. We will need to collect our luggage, I presume, and pass customs. And check in for our domestic AF flight. Not sure where AF domestic is at CDG. Does that require a mini bus type transfer between terminals?

How long should we allow for all this?
Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
AA arrives at terminal 2A and AF domestic (intra-France) leave either from 2F or 2G depending on the destination. 2A to 2F is walkable, but quite a long way (there is a shuttle), 2G is not walkable, you have to take the shuttle.

I'm not sure, but I guess AA has an interline agreement with AF, so you can through-check your bags to your final destination. In that case, no need to collect them at CDG, you pass customs at your final destination (but there is not always a control there). However, you pass immigration at CDG and you have to reclear security for your domestic flight. If you're not elite, calculate at least 1 hour for this, plus a security margin. I would allow 2 hours. If you're elite (or flying biz), you can use fasttrack.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for that information.

Out tkts were purchased separately, not as a "through" tkt. I will check with AA, however, if we can check our bags through to our final destination in France via AF. I know AF codeshares with Delta but I'm not sure about with AA.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by flyr16
Thank you for that information.

Out tkts were purchased separately, not as a "through" tkt. I will check with AA, however, if we can check our bags through to our final destination in France via AF. I know AF codeshares with Delta but I'm not sure about with AA.
Do not confuse codeshare and interline. These are two very different things. Interline basically means that an airline can tag your bags and perhaps print you a boarding pass for another airlines. Interlining can occur whether a single ticket or separate tickets (although separate tickets may not always work, in my experience they usually do).
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:51 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
The decision to check your baggage to your final destination is up to AA. If you would specify the domestic route, it could be useful to provide you with additional info for your connection through CDG2.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JOUY31
The decision to check your baggage to your final destination is up to AA. If you would specify the domestic route, it could be useful to provide you with additional info for your connection through CDG2.
Thanks.

Our routing is: JFK-CDG on American. Then CDG to NCE on AF. It would be great if the bags can be checked through, even with us first collecting them in NCE but then simply using the connection desk.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
AF CDG-NCE leaves in terminal 2F, that's an easy, but quite lengthy walk (or a shuttle). If walking, you pass terminal 2C until the train station (sheraton hotel), then cross over to the other side of buildings and continue to 2F. I would be surprised if you couldn't check through your bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.