Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

CDG->Paris Ground Transportation Rec (w 1 stop)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond

Hi. I am arriving at CDG on BA at 1pm on Saturday.

I would like to know the best, cost effective options, to go from CDG to pick up my daughter in the 15th Arondissement where she has a big suitcase and then to my hotel at the Vestin Vendome in the 1st.

I thing there is a an airport bus that goes to the Opera, which is not so close to my hotel, although not sure about the departure times and duration, but that makes it difficult to get my daughter. What are the other options?

Is there a substantially discounted private car service from the airport?

Any other suggestions for best bus or rail to city limits near the 15th?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:15 pm
iff

The 15th is quite large; can you be more specific?

When I lived not too far from the Porte de Versailles, I would take the RER B from CDG to Cit Universitaire, then the tramway to Porte de Versailles. It's a fairly easy trip if you don't have a lot of luggage.

In your case maybe something similar would work for you... you could then take a taxi, have the driver stop to pick up your daughter, and continue onward to your hotel -- but depending on what part of the 15th you're going to, there may be other solutions.

Last edited by iff; Jun 22, 2011 at 11:11 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by iff
The 15th is quite large; can you be more specific?

When I lived not too far from the Porte de Versailles, I would take the RER B from CDG to Cit Universitaire, then the tramway to Porte de Versailles. It's a fairly easy trip if you don't have a lot of luggage.

In your case maybe something similar would work for you... you could then take a taxi, have the driver stop to pick up your daughter, and continue onward to your hotel -- but depending on what part of the 15th you're going to, there may be other solutions.
She's staying on Rue Humblot in the 15th: the closest metro is Dupliex.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:20 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
by public transport, I'd take RER B to Denfert-Rochereau and then metro 6 to your daughter's place. Alternatively, you could take the AF bus to Gare Montparnasse or Etoile and then take a taxi from there. RER (ticket is valid on metro) is cheaper and should not be too packed Saturday afternoon, but AF bus is more comfortable.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: DL FO
After you picked up your daughter, you can take a taxi.
But the Mtro shouldn't be too complicated. Line 6 to Charles de Gaulle-Etoile then line 1 direction Chateau de Vincennes and get off at Tuileries. IIRCC, the transfer at CDG-Etoile shouldn't be too difficult as tracks are closed to each other.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Which is a faster ride into the city?

Which leaves more frequently inn the 1:30-2:00 range?

Which is a less expensive taxi from which stop I should get off at to where she is staying and how much should that be?

How much should the taxi be from the station to her friend's apt to the Westin Vendome in the 1st?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GuillaumeD
After you picked up your daughter, you can take a taxi.
But the Mtro shouldn't be too complicated. Line 6 to Charles de Gaulle-Etoile then line 1 direction Chateau de Vincennes and get off at Tuileries. IIRCC, the transfer at CDG-Etoile shouldn't be too difficult as tracks are closed to each other.
Her Metro Stop is Dupliex? So, I see that Denfert Rochereau connects to green line to Dupliex.

I can probably take RER to Metro. I will have 1 mid sized suitcase, but it's on wheels. How long is the RER from CDG to Denfert Rochereau and how often does it depart on Saturday afternoons?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:03 am

You should have train leaving CDG every 10-15 minutes. Then, count a 45 min ride to Denfert-Rochereau.

The connection at Denfert is not a quick one but it is OK with a mid-size bag.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GuillaumeD
You should have train leaving CDG every 10-15 minutes. Then, count a 45 min ride to Denfert-Rochereau.

The connection at Denfert is not a quick one but it is OK with a mid-size bag.
I am not sure what you mean by not a quick one, but it sounds like i should count on about an hour, once i get on the train at cdg, maybe a little more.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 2:44 am

Several stairs and corridors, but shorter than London tube connections!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.