Beauvais to CDG Hilton- check my facts please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2011, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG

Bonjour,

(EDIT- I meant to type Beauvais in the title, sorry!!!)

I searched FT (as Beauvais and BVA to CDG and few other ways) and read the Paris sticky thread links so I hope I got this correct. I was hoping you experts on the France side could help me out as I have never flown into BVA but I have the pleasure of doing that on Sunday, 26 June on Ryan Air (I know all the stories. I've flown them once RT Charleroi -Valladolid a few years ago but I don't have much choice on this day, anyway...).

I arrive at 9:50am on Sunday at BVA. The web shows a shuttle for 15 Euros cash that goes into Paris Porte Maillot at 10:10am.

So I presume I can take that bus and then from the Porte Maillot area take the RER to CDG so I can walk over to the Hilton?

Second question, is there anything/anywhere you'd suggest seeing or eating around the Porte Maillot station (accessible via foot)?

I've been to Paris many times for business, connections, and touristy stays, but never in the Porte Maillot area. If it isn't worth it I'll head to the "normal" hangouts before I finally head to my hotel.

Thank your for your time, merci.

Last edited by chrissxb; Jun 27, 2011 at 3:32 pm Reason: title edited by mod
Old Jun 11, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
From Porte Maillot to CDG take Mtro 1 to Chtelet then RER B to the airport. For the CDG Hilton, get off at CDG 1 (not the terminus, CDG 2), exit the ticketed area, and then walk in the direction of what was the back of the train. You'll exit the RER station and follow a covered walkway to the Hilton.

I don't know enough about eating around Porte Maillot to recommend anything, but the Arc de Triomphe is not too far away, and beyond that is the Champs lyses. You'll definitely be in a ritzy and touristy area of town along that boulevard, so don't expect to find anything cheap or "off the beaten path" as far as restaurants go.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 5:40 am

Question

Originally Posted by imagineertobe
From Porte Maillot to CDG take Mtro 1 to Chtelet then RER B to the airport. For the CDG Hilton, get off at CDG 1 (not the terminus, CDG 2), exit the ticketed area, and then walk in the direction of what was the back of the train. You'll exit the RER station and follow a covered walkway to the Hilton.
taI don't know enough about eating around Porte Maillot to recommend anything, but the Arc de Triomphe is not too far away, and beyond that is the Champs lyses. You'll definitely be in a ritzy and touristy area of town along that boulevard, so don't expect to find anything cheap or "off the beaten path" as far as restaurants go.
Or he could just take an Air France bus from Porte Maillot to CDG and skip the Metro and RER. Check the AF website for info on the shuttle and Google CDG VAL for the free, frequent train from the AF bus drop-off at Terminal 2 to the stop near CDG Hilton.

Loads of midline places to eat at Porte Maillot. L'Entrecote for steak/frites, and Leons is a chain with moules.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Or he could just take an Air France bus from Porte Maillot to CDG and skip the Metro and RER. Check the AF website for info on the shuttle and Google CDG VAL for the free, frequent train from the AF bus drop-off at Terminal 2 to the stop near CDG Hilton.
This completely skipped my mind; I went right to answering the OP's question without thinking outside the box.

Indeed, OP, the Air France bus would be the easiest way to the airport. Details are available at the Cars Air France website. Coming from Paris, I would get off the bus at Terminal 1, then take the CDGVAL to the Terminal 3 Roissypole stop.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by imagineertobe
This completely skipped my mind; I went right to answering the OP's question without thinking outside the box.

Indeed, OP, the Air France bus would be the easiest way to the airport. Details are available at the Cars Air France website. Coming from Paris, I would get off the bus at Terminal 1, then take the CDGVAL to the Terminal 3 Roissypole stop.
Great info, all, thank you-merci
Old Jun 27, 2011, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

I took the bus into town from BVA with no problems. Cost is 15 euros one way.

FWIW I noted outside a bus from Disney theme park that goes from BVA direct to CDG then to EuroDisney that was also priced at 15 Euros. It seemed like it left at 1030, 1400 and one later in the day. It looked like a ticket booth was near the bus area. I saw one bus painted in eurodisney colours.

I had all day to kill in Paris so I was glad to head into town, but the direct CDG link for 15 euros would be nice for a direct shot. I haven't found an online link for it yet. ymmv.

thanks again for the info earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.