Community
Wiki Posts
Search

white sneakers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well as a woman, I went for vanity and was very glad that I did. I wore my Anne Klein flex ballet type flats & walked from one end of Paris to the other---about 3 times. They were perfectly comfortable and I didn't stick out like a goober. Yes, I am shallow that way but I hate the "Disneyland" look of American tourists (even though I am one) with comfy looking clothes & big clunko white sneakers. Wore stylish skinny jeans a lot & fit in just fine both here & London.
To each his own when it comes to embarassment & vanity levels. The one thing I would suggest no matter what shoes you choose is to bring a few pairs so you can rotate wearing so as not to get a blister in one spot. Also, in London it poured a lot so good to have back up shoes to wear when others were drying out.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Will I be reviled as I pass through CDG for wearing these?

http://www.newbalancetoronto.ca/deta...?style=MW846BK

They are the only shoes I can walk in without limping after shattering my ankle 5 months ago.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Will I be reviled as I pass through CDG for wearing these?

http://www.newbalancetoronto.ca/deta...?style=MW846BK

They are the only shoes I can walk in without limping after shattering my ankle 5 months ago.
I wouldn't worry about wearing the brightest white shoe with a blazing red logo in that situation! But I wouldn't hesitate wearing those shoes anywhere in Paris except for restaurants/clubs/offices where a suit/tie/coat would be more appropirate attire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.