Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris Metro: Options?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:15 pm
iff

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
While one could load a Navigo to get to or from the airport, to do so means you'd be paying for access to many zones for an extended period. It is almost always cheaper to put zones 1 and 2 on the Navigo and then buy single tickets for trips outside the zone.
That's what I thought, too, until I added it up. 17.40 (8.70 each way to and from CDG) + 18.35 Navigo zones 1-2 = 35.75.

Navigo zones 1-5 = 33.40.

Of course, it all depends on which days of the week you arrive and depart.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by iff
That's what I thought, too, until I added it up. 17.40 (8.70 each way to and from CDG) + 18.35 Navigo zones 1-2 = 35.75.

Navigo zones 1-5 = 33.40.

Of course, it all depends on which days of the week you arrive and depart.
Right you are. And, as you noted, this will only apply if you get all travel into a 7 day period beginning on a Monday.

Someone posted that the machines at CD are now taking US issued credit cards for RER tix. Any news on whether they're taking them for Navigo recharges too? That line for the ticket booth was very long the last time I went through.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 5:17 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Sunny 1
My husband and I were fined 25 Euro each for not having a photo and signature on our passes. (That was a cold thing for the Metro police to do - where were they the day before when my husband was pickpocketed on the Metro?)
Likely they were working at their second jobs and pickpocketing your husband on the metro...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.