Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

2013: Dahl Scholarship - Win Ride on T-6 Racer, a 787 sim, a F16 sim or fishing trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013: Dahl Scholarship - Win Ride on T-6 Racer, a 787 sim, a F16 sim or fishing trip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by scottish_colin
In for the third year in a row! $300 more for the Fund.

Third time lucky!
scottish_colin thank you for your continued support. Each and every one of you are making a difference. This past May we gave out 17 scholarships.

The 787 sim prize has sparked an interest and donations have picked up. We are at $3925.

Capt Denny
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by Capt Denny
scottish_colin thank you for your continued support. Each and every one of you are making a difference. This past May we gave out 17 scholarships.

The 787 sim prize has sparked an interest and donations have picked up. We are at $3925.

Capt Denny
Once again, I am in!
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
I'm in!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 7:05 am

New Match

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We just crossed $5000 and last years T-6 winner, travel and leisure, just attached a $2000 match to a parachute and tossed it out of the cockpit. Let's see if we can match this before it hits the deck(Always Navy terms from this Naval Aviator).

Capt Denny
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: UA MM Gold
Sim ride is a high interest item, but a good cause in any event. I'm in!
Convinced myself this is the right thing to do, but the sim ride possibility helped.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat
I'm in again too! Got to ride on the Stinson last year and it was awesome - almost as good as helping out these kids who are interested in aviation. Happy to help and looking forward to the 787 sim ride!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by nzpilot
Sim ride is a high interest item, but a good cause in any event. I'm in!
Convinced myself this is the right thing to do, but the sim ride possibility helped.
Originally Posted by AceAirspeed
I'm in again too! Got to ride on the Stinson last year and it was awesome - almost as good as helping out these kids who are interested in aviation. Happy to help and looking forward to the 787 sim ride!
Sorry, I already picked the friends I will bring with me to the SIM ride
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: UAL Plat, 2+MM, AA Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat
Just made my first $100 donation to this perfectly-purposed effort named after a true American hero. This is the very least I could do to help such a great cause.

I didn't get a chance to put my FlyerTalk handle into the actual transaction - is there a quick way to get my donation matched to my handle here?

Again...best wishes on your fundraising campaign!

--Scott
Old Aug 15, 2013, 1:52 pm

aken Care Of

Originally Posted by spikerjack
Just made my first $100 donation to this perfectly-purposed effort named after a true American hero. This is the very least I could do to help such a great cause.

I didn't get a chance to put my FlyerTalk handle into the actual transaction - is there a quick way to get my donation matched to my handle here?

Again...best wishes on your fundraising campaign!

--Scott
I will take care of it. Your donation just put us past $5500. When we reach $7000 travel n leisure will put in her match of $2000

Keep a look out for a third prize to be given away.

Capt Denny
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I just threw $100 into the pile but also did not manage to get my flyertalk handle in the transaction.

I got the email receipt confirming the transaction but the actual page never changed. Capt Denny, can you or someone else confirm the transaction and have my handle added?

Thanks

QQ
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:22 pm

Share Your Photos

Originally Posted by AceAirspeed
AceAirspeed.....Don't be shy! Share your photos from your Stinson Tri-Motor Ride.

We are currently at $6500. At $7000 travel and leisure will put in her $2000 match.

Capt Denny
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:26 pm

Wilco!

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I just threw $100 into the pile but also did not manage to get my flyertalk handle in the transaction.

I got the email receipt confirming the transaction but the actual page never changed. Capt Denny, can you or someone else confirm the transaction and have my handle added?

Thanks

QQ
I will have it covered.

Capt Denny
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:10 pm

Jumping Jehoshaphat An Airforce F-16 Sim

As Naval Aviation legend, Grandpa Pettibone, would say; Jumping Jehoshaphat!!!!! What is going to happen to the Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship next,

A F-16 simulator ride was just donated. Being a government product it cannot be raffled for cash. Therefore it will be given away. Everyone* who participates in the T-6/787 sim drawing will get one chance for the F-16 sim ride. That is if you buy $25 or $500 worth of T-6/787 sim tickets you will only get 0NE chance to the F-16 sim.

Just to let you know we currently have 38 donors in the T-6/ 787 sim ride drawing. Your chances to win are 1 in 38.

I am not going to turn away any donations to support the scholarship drive. How much better can this get!

Capt Denny

*Details are being researched if the F-16 simulator is open to non US citizens. As with the other prizes you are responsible for your own transportation and hotels.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I'm in for $200! What is our current total?
Old Aug 17, 2013, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dudleydog73
I'm in for $200! What is our current total?
Dudleydog73 your donation took us over $7000. We are at $7125 and now travel and leisure will put in her match which brings us to $9125.

Another piece of generosity from travel and leisure............since she won last years T-6 ride she will not include her 400 tickets in the raffle for another ride.

Capt Denny

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.