Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:14 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Hehe, if only I could.
No lumo on only TF operated segments, right? Needs to be AY or Norra on at least 100 segs
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by intuition
Hehe, if only I could.
No lumo on only TF operated segments, right? Needs to be AY or Norra on at least 100 segs
If under AY code, it’s seen as an AY flight for Lumo purposes, no?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
You might be right, an AY coded codeshare flight looks like an ordinary AY flight in the earnings table.

As this is the first time ever they had a "AY flighs" requirement I took the pessimistic approach and gathered it must be AY marketed and AY operated.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:51 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
MMX from 16APR18 operated by BRA:

https://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/flygbr...-malmoe-294029 ( in Swedish)
Prices are insane though. When a ARN-PEK is 17 700SEK, a MMX-PEK is 24 700SEK. None of the swedish campaigns seems to be loaded for MMX.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I keed to learn how to book flights. I noticed yesterday that there are now more flights to Kuusamo in the summer. I booked early January flights for June, and there were no flights on Saturdays. Now there are two flights. Luckily I booked Value so I can change for 60€, but had I only waited a few weeks, I could have saved that. Lesson learned: Flights aren’t always loaded even 5 months before departure.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Prices are insane though. When a ARN-PEK is 17 700SEK, a MMX-PEK is 24 700SEK. None of the swedish campaigns seems to be loaded for MMX.
I assume if it wasn't a code share then you would get also campaign prices.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:51 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by Jainzar
I assume if it wasn't a code share then you would get also campaign prices.
If that is the case (and it might very well be) then MMX is doomed. There is no way it can survive if they only offer list prices.

Neither
a) point-to-point, in competition with 8-9 daily from CPH, at 30-80€, when a TF-coded MMX-HEL is lowest price 180EUR and a a AY-coded is 240€ (R-Value, no lower fares offered)

nor
b) scania-asia when AY offers the exact same plus lounge and J-cabin from CPH, 45km away at several 100€ lower price.

It is like opening a Borgå-Stockholm route, only offer value and pro fare, but the "terminal" is a barn and the onboard service is one-class and still you charge twice the price of HEL-STO.

-- Added
One major problem is that AY has added YR on top of the TF-price. TF does not charge YR/YF on these tickets! The TF-coded ticket MMX-HEL has 313SEK total fees, while a AY-coded flight has a whopping 1089SEK, claiming there is a "Carrier imposed fee" of 776.
NoWindowSeat and ffay005 like this.

Last edited by intuition; Feb 13, 2018 at 2:58 am
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
MMX from 16APR18 operated by BRA
Well this was an unexpected and welcome new route. I thought MMX was doomed to be LCC and charter only with CPH so nearby. I might try this route when flying home to Lund in Sweden, though I don't much like the closed/coffin-fealing of the RJ100. Timetable:

MMX-HEL: 1145-1430
HEL-MMX: 1530-1615

I think this is just a case of fares not being loaded yet and what we see are the old fares.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Do you know if AY continue to operate to Krabi (KRB) also next winter season?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:35 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Tapio
Do you know if AY continue to operate to Krabi (KRB) also next winter season?
It is KBV and answer is yes, Tue/Wed for the very peak season.
Tapio likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat

It is KBV and answer is yes, Tue/Wed for the very peak season.
Thanks! It seems that the upcoming season is shorter compared to the 2017-18 season. I was looking flights for November some time ago and did not see any loaded so started to wonder if they fly there also next season. Like you wrote it seems to be only for very peak season destination as no flights for November for example.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: AY LUMO
MSQ:
Finnair is expanding its network and will open a direct, year-round route between Helsinki and Minsk on June 9, 2018. Flights between Helsinki and Minsk will be operated twice per week, on Tuesdays and Saturdays, with an Embraer 190 aircraft.
https://company.finnair.com/en/media...ews?id=2826127

SFO and ORD extended until December 2018:
Helsinki-Chicago route will be extended until December 3 with two weekly flights. Originally, the route was set to operate from April 19 until October 27.
The Helsinki-San Francisco route will now be extended until December 5 with two weekly frequencies.
https://company.finnair.com/en/media...ews?id=2826231
Trav1970 and florens like this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
MSQ does sound interesting. I even considered the direct Belavia flights at some point but then let it go. Visa free if you stay max 5 days and enter through MSQ airport.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
MSQ mass tourism sounds like a linguistic problem It seems Finnair.com has the flights but only as Value, even if avoiding Belarus codeshares
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:25 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
MSQ does sound interesting. I even considered the direct Belavia flights at some point but then let it go. Visa free if you stay max 5 days and enter through MSQ airport.
Interesting place, or at least was few years ago, well worth a weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.