Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Redemption availability ofJ flights with low status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2024, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Hi Finnair flyers, I would like to enquire about the following scenario. As someone with no Finnair status yet, I am planning to book a one-way J class ticket from AMS to HKG, after which I want to transfer my credit card points into Finnair miles (around 100k) in order to redeem J-class flights in a later stage. How is the availability of Finnair J-class flights with miles with relatively low status (i.e. I have no idea what status I will have after just one J-class one-way long haul, it probably won't be much). Is your experience that redeeming J with miles is bad, medium, or good at Finnair with low status? Thank you very much in advance.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:13 pm

I have not seen better award availability at silver or gold levels. My personal experience with Asian flights is that J award availability is pretty much nonexistent several months ahead of time. J upgrades are much easier to come across.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:22 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Availability even at Lumo level for HKG in J is poor if you don‘t book one year in advance.

Until mid-July I can see availability at the following four days for HEL - HKG:
25.4., 1.5., 6.5. and 12.6.

That‘s all!
Old Apr 10, 2024, 4:39 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by Nezz
J upgrades are much easier to come across.
I've had decent luck upgrading from Premium Economy to J on the SIN route and I'm only AY Silver.

It's also more risk-free because in the worst case you will still be in PE which is quite good on Finnair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.