Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free OP Visa Platinum until end of 2024 (includes Priority Pass)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free OP Visa Platinum until end of 2024 (includes Priority Pass)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2023, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kauppias
intresting since they dont seem to really issue them anymore.... atleast not to everyone
Same with OP Visa Platinum:

https://www.op.fi/henkiloasiakkaat/p...tinum-uudistuu

Basically starting 1 Dec the physical Priority Pass card will not be sent to card owners, but instead you either need to show the physical OP Visa Platinum card and tell the lounge Priority Pass is attached to it, or b) starting 1 Nov you can use the mobile Priority Pass app.

So if @thierre just now applied for the OP Visa Platinum (like it seems he did), he wouldn't yet have received the physical Visa card, nor would he have access to the mobile Priority Pass, so he wouldn't be able to get into a lounge just yet.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 5:33 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
I confirmed also, it's free until end of 2024.

Got the application through after failing before with some errors right after "signing" with app.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 30, 2023, 6:03 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I did some maths and mayba OP can be a chance to switch camps so I applied for ownermembership🤷‍♂️

I was long member but switched. Lets see…
kauppias likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 6:40 am

Programs: AY Plat
Originally Posted by cheesyfeet
So if @thierre just now applied for the OP Visa Platinum (like it seems he did), he wouldn't yet have received the physical Visa card, nor would he have access to the mobile Priority Pass, so he wouldn't be able to get into a lounge just yet.
This was exactly the case. They would have let me in at HEL if I knew the VISA card number, but only part of it is shown in the app so no go until the physical card is at hand. Kind of silly as I am able to pay with the card already using a wallet.
plain likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
the gold cards CAN be useful, but most useful cards to my group were discontinued and nothing new replacing them... ie marrirott gold and accor plat...

As for the latter I know of a few who got ax plat being on unemployement bennies and not intending to work so not alot of money or income needed to secure ax plat in Finland 😉🤣🤣

But for me its stll a keep for NOW but any decent card will bump me over it for sure

Hah, I applied once for the marriott card long ago when I took the amex and had the bonvoy account since then been as Gold with zero nights for years😂🤷‍♂️ so its sometimes like whats the point, for me and for them😃🤷‍♂️
Old Oct 31, 2023, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by ylefin
Just tried to apply for the platinium card. Everything went smoothly including the payment of 100 euro but THEN when trying to click to apply for the platinium card "Oops! Etsimääsi sivua ei voitu näyttää" (Cannot show the page) . Well, maybe they are sleeping just now.......
Did u get it to work?

I applied for ownercustomership(?😄?) yesterday but havent seennor heard back anything. I have been ghosted😱😂
Old Oct 31, 2023, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Did u get it to work?

I applied for ownercustomership(?😄?) yesterday but havent seennor heard back anything. I have been ghosted😱😂
Yes I got username and password today but if I understood correctly I still have to wait for "avainlukulista" by mail until I actually can do anything. Sounds old-fashioned.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 11:45 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/FB/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by ylefin
Yes I got username and password today but if I understood correctly I still have to wait for "avainlukulista" by mail until I actually can do anything. Sounds old-fashioned.
Gets easier as You get the OP app working. They are not repeating S-bank´s catastrophe...
ylefin likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:16 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
This is a great deal. Not just the priority pass, but travel insurance and CDW on car rentals too. They still seem to use the platinum in marketing. Just got a message in the web bank that include this:
  • yksi tai useampi kortti (OP Electron, OP Basic, OP Debit, OP Classic, OP Gold, OP Platinum, OP Duo).
FFlash likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:52 am

How many times per one year is possible to use Priority Pass lounges? Unlimited?
Old Nov 2, 2023, 9:59 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/FB/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by Timppa_HEL
How many times per one year is possible to use Priority Pass lounges? Unlimited?
Unlimited 1+3.
kauppias likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Here's my experience today in the local OP branch. I have no previous relationship with the OP group.

- the campaign for free plat service for owners is confirmed IRL
- I would need to book a separate appointment with some special CS who handles new customers (!!)
- I would need to have OP as my main bank, meaning having my salary coming there for 3 months (!!)

So I thanked the guy and left. Too much hassle for a few lounge visits, which I can probably get at £20 a pop.
If you're already an owner, no reason not to go for it, though.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:53 am
Original Poster

I received my OP Platinum today.

In the envelope was also included physical Priority Pass card, valid a year from now.
SPBanker and FFlash like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:03 am
TTL

Also Plaza Premium at non-Schengen side and Plaza Premium at arrivals hall accept 1+3 guests using OP Plat.
r2d2 and FFlash like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 1:24 am

Programs: AY Plat
Are there any other arrivals lounges outside of HEL available with the PP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.