Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free OP Visa Platinum until end of 2024 (includes Priority Pass)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2023, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Mods, feel free to delete this if it's not appropriate, but I thought of sharing this since OP has 3.6 million customers in Finland and some people might fancy a free Priority Pass.

This is for Finns.

You can get OP Visa Platinum free of charge until end of 2024, which includes Priority Pass and some other perks.

You need to be "Omistaja-asiakas", which usually means putting in 100 EUR or so to OP. If you ever stop using OP, you can get that money back.

Normally the card costs 50 EUR per month.

It relates to this campaign:

https://www.op.fi/henkiloasiakkaat/o...-edut/lisaedut

The following is taken from another Finnish forum (TechBBS), where a member confirmed OP Platinum is part of this deal:

Old Oct 27, 2023, 3:20 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I was game, went online to open up, got a message I need to make a appoints in bank... naah its 2023, I dont have the energy to go TO a bank physically 🤣😄, have not been to one in 6 years
r2d2, manywhere and blueskiy like this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
I was game, went online to open up, got a message I need to make a appoints in bank... naah its 2023, I dont have the energy to go TO a bank physically 🤣😄, have not been to one in 6 years
Haha yeah that's a showstopper for me too
Old Oct 28, 2023, 1:46 am

Thanks! Should be delivered in one week. Free Priority pass, matched Skyteam, Star alliance, BT. Zero flights booked 🤣
seldomrfly, kauppias and blueskiy like this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 2:21 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Was there no requirements to get Plat Visa from OP? As I remember it, there had to be substantial business with OP to get it (Omistaja Plus or something like that). Have to admit happy about 10/23 - 12/24 without any monthly service fees...

OP does not provide physical PP-card after end of this Oct. Only App-version available. Or showing the Plat-card at entrance and telling that it has PP included. The App-version should be available after 1st Nov. OP-Plat PP entry includes 1+3 lounge guests.
kauppias likes this.

Last edited by TTL; Oct 28, 2023 at 2:49 am Reason: guests no quests
Old Oct 28, 2023, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTL
Was there no requirements to get Plat Visa from OP? As I remember it, there had to be substantial business with OP to get it (Omistaja Plus or something like that).
No such requirements at least nowadays. You don't even need to be Omistaja-asiakas to get OP Visa Platinum. However, to be eligible for this zero fees until end of 2024 campaign, you do need to be Omistaja-asiakas, which anyone can become by paying the fee, which for most OP banks is 100 EUR. And you can get that 100 EUR back in future if you quit using OP.

And to become Omistaja-asiakas, you don't need to use OP as your salary account, have loans or investments, or anything like that.
r2d2 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 3:36 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
This was posted on the other forum yesterday.

They also changed wording on the web to not mention Platinum card anymore. https://www.op.fi/henkiloasiakkaat/o...-edut/lisaedut
Old Oct 28, 2023, 3:37 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Let´s read about successful OP Visa Plat applicants soon! How was it done - e.g. Lauri_fly? Also referring to LaplandFlyer's post above...
Old Oct 28, 2023, 3:43 am

Ouch, need to cancel 😁
Old Oct 28, 2023, 4:14 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Lauri_fly
Ouch, need to cancel 😁
I guess it was a blessing in disguise, saved me alot of hassle if so
Old Oct 28, 2023, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LaplandFlyer
This was posted on the other forum yesterday.

They also changed wording on the web to not mention Platinum card anymore. https://www.op.fi/henkiloasiakkaat/o...-edut/lisaedut
That's misinformation by the support agent in question.

It was confirmed again today that the Platinum Visa IS part of the zero fees campaign. I will also personally go and ask on Monday but I'm 99.99% sure the deal stands.

kauppias likes this.

Last edited by cheesyfeet; Oct 28, 2023 at 8:46 am
Old Oct 28, 2023, 4:48 am
TTL

Then there remains the question, what are the qualifications for OP Platinum Visa... It is difficult to believe, it would be available for anyone with a banking account in OP, 10 euros in the account, and having paid 100 euro OP-ownership fee. But as said, the successful applicants should report here to confirm the facts.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 5:22 am

Anyone knows what are requirements for Nordea Black card ?
Old Oct 28, 2023, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by lentoF
Anyone knows what are requirements for Nordea Black card ?
if I recall it was 100k in investable assests, but their benefits didnt used to be very much
lentoF likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by TTL
Then there remains the question, what are the qualifications for OP Platinum Visa... It is difficult to believe, it would be available for anyone with a banking account in OP, 10 euros in the account, and having paid 100 euro OP-ownership fee. But as said, the successful applicants should report here to confirm the facts.
Well AX plat isnt any more exclusive, its just an expensive card with some extra benefits 😉

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.