Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Programs that matches Finnair status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Programs that matches Finnair status

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2024, 1:59 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Me too. I assume that it was sent to all FB IvoryExplorer customers in Finland (and probably other countries too).
I assume to everybody.

I got it too. 399€ is a great value of I knew I flew them often but now it serves only a speculative base for later statusmatches and whatnot.

what would you do in my trousers?
AY plat, going south in november, softland to gold, no intention to fly them other than sporadic worktrips and awards.
SK gold till march2025 and likely renewal as mostly flying them from TKU. Note SK will be skyteam and I get Elite Plus there during autumn.
Airbaltic from TKU sporadically and I do have VIP matched with them.

I wonder if it would do good to take the AF plat and use them more from HEL and switch some SK crediting to FlyingBlue once SK begins part of the system?
Old May 18, 2024, 2:14 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Me too. I assume that it was sent to all FB IvoryExplorer customers in Finland (and probably other countries too).
It was not sent to all Finnish explorers, my family and friend have 4 explorer acccounts and none of them got the email.
Old May 18, 2024, 2:16 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
I assume to everybody.

I got it too. 399€ is a great value of I knew I flew them often but now it serves only a speculative base for later statusmatches and whatnot.

AY plat, going south in november, softland to gold, no intention to fly them other than sporadic worktrips and awards.
SK gold till march2025 and likely renewal as mostly flying them from TKU. Note SK will be skyteam and I get Elite Plus there during autumn.
Airbaltic from TKU sporadically and I do have VIP matched with them.

I wonder if it would do good to take the AF plat and use them more from HEL and switch some SK crediting to FlyingBlue once SK begins part of the system?
if you can fly AF/KLM it is fairly easy to retain plat IMO especially with J.
Old May 18, 2024, 9:03 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat
Originally Posted by kauppias
It was not sent to all Finnish explorers, my family and friend have 4 explorer acccounts and none of them got the email.
Hmm, interesting. I don't think that AF loyalty have much reasons to target me specifically. They kinda guess that they are not my main program from the frequent Accor credits with no corresponding flights, or from the occasional intra-Asia flight with no long-haul segments, but that seems a bit far-fetched.
Old May 18, 2024, 9:12 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
I got it too. 399€ is a great value if I knew I flew them often but now it serves only a speculative base for later status matches and what-not.

I don't know. 200€/year of lounge access is a bit much if you are not sure to use it. The deal may be great value if you are almost certain that you can make good use of it, but I think that I will pass. I will anyway renew Finnair Plat one last time thanks to pre-March bookings, so with a following Gold soft landing, I would be set until early 2026, so the FlyingBlue status match comes too early for me, I guess.

People mentioned upgrades but I am not clear what they mean by that.
Old May 18, 2024, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I got SK Gold during the time they matched AY status (see earlier this same hread) - with SK joining ST on 1st January, paying 200/300€ for KL status is a waste of dough in my eyes.

My problem now is that my TK *G is about to expiry in July and I'm so far from renewing, that they don't even allow me to buy the missing EQM - here's hoping that some *A will offer status match once SK is out...
lento likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
I didn't get the offer to my email but thanks to this thread was able to match to Flying Blue Plat for me and my wife. No fee for 1st checked bag for two years easily pays back the 399€/person as we have planned some flights to secondary French destinations where AF/KL is the only good option. Also nice to get economy comfort for free for which I usually pay ~15€ per leg.
vulle, SPBanker, jmv71 and 2 others like this.
Old May 20, 2024, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Not fully related, but has anyone who matched to SK and recently lost AY status managed to bounce the match back to AY?
Old May 20, 2024, 4:28 am

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by Alec84
Not fully related, but has anyone who matched to SK and recently lost AY status managed to bounce the match back to AY?
I did it last week, with success. Bounced the match back to AY gold by purchasing a one way long-haul flight (HEL-DXB) for 187€ (cheapest long haul from HEL that I could find).
vulle, Alec84 and florens like this.

Last edited by blueskiy; May 20, 2024 at 6:02 am Reason: Add the quote to reply previous post
Old May 21, 2024, 10:25 pm

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Alec84
It might require a BER-RVN-BNE run
Old May 22, 2024, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
It might require a BER-RVN-BNE run
Don't. Just please don't
Old May 22, 2024, 1:42 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by TTL
This is once in a decade chance. I used it last time from BAEC Gold to AF Plat to LH Sen (4 LH flights required). So, if eligible, I recommend to go… soft landing also…
If understood correctly, this status match is very rare and now is time to act? I have beenn looking at alternative possibilities for a long time. This would be perfect, although as a some already mentioned above, a little too soon.
Old May 31, 2024, 2:50 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Didn't see any recent posts but the AY->SAS status match is again (still?) active. Great for me as I missed it the last time it was discussed.
I emailed [email protected] yesterday with my AY Plat status, recent flights with AY and a few month old SAS booking and requested match. Got EB Gold until 11/25 today.
r2d2 and vulle like this.
Old May 31, 2024, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Akkku
Didn't see any recent posts but the AY->SAS status match is again (still?) active. Great for me as I missed it the last time it was discussed.
I emailed [email protected] yesterday with my AY Plat status, recent flights with AY and a few month old SAS booking and requested match. Got EB Gold until 11/25 today.
thats intresting as that email replied to me today saying they dont do them but to email [email protected] instead, I also emailed them yesterday 😃😆 very consistent
vulle likes this.

Last edited by kauppias; Jun 1, 2024 at 7:42 am
Old May 31, 2024, 5:41 am

[email protected] was able to process the upgrade in under 24hrs. Now gold till 4/2026 easy.
FFlash and lento like this.

Last edited by kauppias; Jun 1, 2024 at 7:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.